Brigandage - Another AIMHack Campaign

Nioca

"The weapons Casper finds are pretty sad. You're almost worried you might catch Tetanus from some of them."

You never specified how many there were. Need to keep my inventory straight. I'm thinking two since I didn't search the elf and the goblin got disintegrated. And if you think Tetanus will discourage Casper from keeping them, you are mistaken. Any knife is better than no knife when you're in a scrape. (Though I fully expect you to say something like When Casper pulls out a knife, it happens to be one of the ones he picked up off a thug. Being of such poor quality, it snaps in his hand and digs into his palm giving him Tetanus. (2 damage and poisoned) The next time I roll a one on an attack.) wink

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Jewels in Black
You never specified how many there were. Need to keep my inventory straight. I'm thinking two since I didn't search the elf and the goblin got disintegrated.

Fair enough. It's been noted.

Quote:
(Though I fully expect you to say something like When Casper pulls out a knife, it happens to be one of the ones he picked up off a thug. Being of such poor quality, it snaps in his hand and digs into his palm giving him Tetanus. (2 damage and poisoned) The next time I roll a one on an attack.)

Aw. You took all the fun out of that. tongue

Anyway, with three response in, it looks like my prediction was accurate. Tuesday (16th), Thursday (18th), and Saturday (20th) look to be our best dates thusfar.

It's also starting to look like Tuesday or Thursday sessions could become a regular thing. Tuesday in particular seems to be most regularly available, if both this calendar and the previous are any indication.

So keep popping dates in the Calendar. It just may become a session every Tuesday.

Originally Posted By: Aerat Barnes, Thane guard captain
The southeast side of town is a no-man's-land, controlled predominantly by thugs and thieves. My predecessor tried desperately to retake control of it, taking grander and grander measures to force the lawless elements out. His final effort was to try and simply raze that part of the city with fire, but he was assassinated the day prior to the plan taking effect.

It looks like we've got a date! Tuesday, March 16th is our next Brigandage session. It'll be in spidwebRP2 at 7:00 PM EST (6:00 CST). See you there!

Originally Posted By: Erin Halvot, Tylvian Druid
I've seen a few people try to ride manticores. And let me tell you, it doesn't work. Not because they can't be tamed, but because riding on one puts you right in the line of fire of their spines.

Click to reveal..
Name: Iliau
Race: Lacewing
Alignment: Misanthropic

Strength: 4 (+1)
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 4

Health: 14/14
Stamina: 6/10

Magic (Conjuration): 4
Martial (Blunt object): 3
Nature: 2
Artifice: 1
Thievery: 1 (+1 racial bonus)
History: 1 (+1 racial bonus)

Today's session was epic. Minus the whole "Iliau almost dying" part. Or maybe because of it, Dikiyoba isn't sure which.

Click to reveal.. (Casper level up)

Alignment: Cautious
Race: Elf
Deity: Imaunte

ATTRIBUTES

HP 11/11 (+3)
Stamina 9/10

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 4
Speed: 5
Health: 8
Stamina: 10

SKILLS
Martial (Throwing Knives): 6 (+2)
Magic (Divination): 2
Magic (Enchantment): 2
Streetwise: 3
Perception: 1
Bluff: 1

ITEMS
* 34 Gold, 18 Silvers, 1 Coppers
* Water Canteen
* Throwing Knives x8
* Rusty Daggers x2
* Apples x4
* Good bows x2
* Arrows x13

I'll admit, I was a bit zoned out tonight, I just know that Harosh had absolutely terrible luck when there was any sort of pressure.

And I say screw it, I want to cast all 5 of my spells. tongue

Click to reveal.. (Harosh level up)
Name: Harosh (Level 2)

Alignment: Distant

Deity: Liea

Strength: 2

Intelligence: 5

Health: 12/12

Stamina: 10/10

Magic (Transmutation): 4

Magic (Divination): 1

Martial (Slings): 2

Perception: 2

History: 3

Thievery: 1

Well, after much procrastination, We have a log. Also, some quotes, too!

Click to reveal.. (So, two quotes walk into a bar...)
"That. Was. The. Most. Epic. Barfight. I've. Ever. Seen." - Anthony

"Once more, we come so close to subtlety, and yet we fall short." - Harosh

"You're looking for more taverns? How many does a single city need?" - Dragonborn Thug

"I want my momma..." - Casper

"Is it time to hit him yet?" - Iliau

Also, everyone levels up.

Alright, now to the bad news. Nalyd is grounded indefinitely, which means his character will likely be out of the campaign until he gets his privileges reinstated.

For better news, there's no calendar. Rather, I'm scheduling the next session for the coming Tuesday (23rd). Let me know if this doesn't work for you and we need a calendar after all.

I look forward to the next session. It ought to be fun. smile

Yay levels! (claps hands)

Click to reveal..
Name: Xuan Lu (Dantius)

Alignment: Malevolent

Race: Human

Deity: Atheist

Strength - 4

Dexterity - 2

Intelligence - 5

Health - 12 (+4)

Magic (Conjuration) - 4

Bluff - 2

Artifice - 2

Stealth - 2 (RB)

History - 1

Streetwise - 1

Diplomacy - 3 (+2)

Perception - 1 (RB)

Alright, we've got map! I'm not the greatest artist, but this should hold us over. Furthermore, as you explore further (or just buy better maps), I'll be updating this map to reflect it. As you can see, it's pretty blank thusfar...

We're still on for Tuesday, so see you there!

Originally Posted By: Yealto, Historian
A lot of Skarrifissk's history has been maddeningly lost to the ravages of time. Yet, if the scattered ruins and remnants of paved road are any indication, this island was once host to a mighty kingdom. If I were to have one wish in this lifetime, it'd be to explore those ruins without risking my life and limb, but between the bandits and monsters, I doubt that'll come to pass.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Alright, we've got map! I'm not the greatest artist, but this should hold us over.
No, see, what you're supposed to do is claim that you are able to create a better map; it's just that the NPC who made it was bad at drawing. The PCs aren't the only ones who can blame things on NPCs.

(In all seriousness, good map.)

Thanks for the accolades, though I strongly suspect that if you had seen the map before the sepia-toning, you wouldn't be complimenting it nearly as much. I do wonder though... Should I still blame an NPC? tongue

Anyway, I'm finally remembering to run my notes through a spellchecker, so if nothing else, this session will be awesome from a grammatical standpoint.

Speaking of which, the big session is tomorrow!

Originally Posted By: Aerat Barnes, Thane Guard Captain
Last week, I caught a boom squirrel pickpocketing someone. It's a sad state of affairs when even the local wildlife is trying to rob people.

On March 22, 2010:

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Speaking of which, the big session is tomorrow!

Wow, thanks for the advanced warning![/sarcasm]

I should be able to make it, tough.

On March 18, 2010:

I'm scheduling the next session for the coming Tuesday (23rd). Let me know if this doesn't work for you and we need a calendar after all.

On March 21, 2010:

We're still on for Tuesday, so see you there!

T-minus 2 hours to Brigandage.

Bandwidth costs for a single post on the Spiderweb forums? Half a cent.

Spy cameras? $99.99 plus tax at the local Best Buy.

Private detective to track down Nioca's location and bug his house? About 3.5k.

The look on Nioca's face when he sees I've beaten him to a chat redirect? Priceless.

*ding*

Click to reveal.. (Harosh, level 3)
Name: Harosh (Level 3)

Homeland: Ssareko Point

Health: 12/15

Martial (Shovel): 2

Alright, sorry for running so late, but the log is up. Next Tuesday is the next session's date, at the usual time. And everyone levels up.

Click to reveal.. (I'm being dogged by quotes)
Xuan: "I believe the better question, Illiau, is who we will end up killing before noon."

Casper: "I found some snow. It's all over the place."

Erika: "You would eat a poor, defenseless dog? One that could be a valuable lead, no less?"

Harosh: "Ah, take that, disturber of my sleep!"

Cloaked Dragonborn (NPC): "I was expecting someone stronger and less... Odd."

Summoned Imp: "WOULD YOU MORTALS STOP SUMMONING ME ON MY DAY OFF?!?"

Now on to other business. We've got a new party member to replace Anthony! Meet...

Click to reveal..
Name: Unnamed

Player: NPC

Race: Dachshund

Alignment: Loyal

Home: Thane

Deity: Harosh

ATTRIBUTES

Strength - 1

Dexterity - 2

Intelligence - 1

Health - 5

Stamina - 0

Speed - 8

SKILLS

Martial (Bite): 3

Perception: 3

Intimidate: 1

Sadly, that one point in intimidate makes him the most intimidating member of the party. tongue

Click to reveal..
Name: Food
Player: Various enzymes
Race: Dachshund
Alignment: Delicious
Home: My stomach

ATTRIBUTES
Deliciousness: 3
Tenderness: 2
Nutritional value:3
Ease of cooking: 2

SKILLS
Orange dog: 3
Peking dog: 3
Dog-stickers: 5
Dog tail soup:2
Dog satay: 2
Stir-fried dog: 3

FYT.

Xuan is already skating on some very thin ice. Are you really sure you want to continue trying to eat the dog, Dantius?

---

Click to reveal..

Strength: 4

Health: 13/14

Stamina: 7/10

Magic (Conjuration): 5

Martial (Blunt object): 4

Artifice: 1

Dikiyoba.

ATTRIBUTES

HP 14/14 (+3)
Stamina 4/10

Strength: 4 (+1)

SKILLS
Martial (Throwing Knives): 6
Magic (Divination): 2
Magic (Enchantment): 2

ITEMS
* 34 Gold, 18 Silvers, 1 Coppers
* Water Canteen
* Throwing Knives x8
* Rusty Daggers x2
* Good bows x2
* Arrows x13

So sorry I won't be able to attend, again. My inability to make sessions at 4:00 local time irks me (Also, it makes me angry that both the Javascript and the wifi at the hotel are on the fritz, so half my posts don't go through.) Complaining aside, I'll still need a sub, if possible. The good news is that I'll be back on FridAy, and have a clear schedule from there on out, so this should be the last of my missed sessions.

frown

Well, the session is Today at 6:00 CDT. See you there!

Originally Posted By: Excerpt from the book 'Accounts of the Wandering Demon'
"No one's sure why or how this being keeps appearing. All that's known is that, whenever Skarrifissk experiences times of great strife, a single soul will rise that personifies a great evil. Whether it's a succession of evil souls passing the mantle from one to the next, or the same being appearing at different times, one thing's for sure: wherever it goes, sorrow is sure to follow."

*ding*

Click to reveal.. (Harosh)
Name: Harosh (Level 4)

Homeland: Ssareko Point

Health: 18/18

Martial (Shovel): 2

Nature: 1

Click to reveal..

Health: 22/22
Stamina: 10/10

Magic (Conjuration): 5
Martial (Blunt object): 4
Nature: 3
Artifice: 2

Dikiyoba.

And we've got two more who have seemingly vanished into ether.

Yeah, really sorry about that. Had an impromptu Girl Scout meeting yesterday. It was just supposed to be opening up the bank account but it turned into "Why don't you stay for supper and we'll have our meeting tonight?"

Casper still levels up, then? Who do I thank for that?

Oh, now I get it. The real reason you didn't want to do every Tuesday is so you could procrastinate in the work of putting up the log. How'm I supposed to know what I've been up to? tongue

ATTRIBUTES

HP 18/18 (+4)

Stamina ?/10

SKILLS

Martial (Throwing Knives): 6

Magic (Divination): 3 +1

Magic (Enchantment): 3 +1

ITEMS

* 34 Gold, 18 Silvers, 16 Coppers

* Water Canteen

* Throwing Knives x7

* Rusty Daggers x2

* Good bows x2

* Arrows x13

* Horn (for playing)

* Scimitar

In other news, when are we getting to a town where I can sell some of this stuff I don't need and buy me a new throwing knife? (Read as: When is next session?)

...gah. Really fell behind here. First thing's first, Log is up (and actually has been for a while). There are also quotes from the session:

Click to reveal.. (Late quotes)
"On the plus side, the wheel isn't on fire." - Iliau

"Fortunately, I'm competent enough to cover for your lot's failings." - Xuan

"Um... it seems more likely that we'll get hurt if we give you the sword." - Erika

"Is someone about to come and kill or maim us?" - Harosh

"Why are crazy people always so squirmy?" - Casper

Next order of business: The next session is Tuesday the 13th at 7:00 PM EDT (6:00 PM CDT). Hopefully this timezone thing starts straightening out somewhat. I also find it funny that this is once again happening on a Tuesday.

Okay, another thing I promised? Perks!

Casper: Spirited Throw

There's still some of that old knife-throwing skill left in you, when you choose to concentrate. When spending stamina on a knife throw, you gain a slight damage bonus, and are more likely to pierce any unusual defenses an opponent may have.

Erika: Stealthy Aggressor

Your uncanny abilities with stealth make you a dangerous foe, if you can catch your opponent off-guard. When you catch an enemy unaware, you can choose to use Stealth as your weapon skill for one melee attack.

I'm still on the fence about other perks, and want to hold off until I'm sure they're a good fit.

Also, Xuan and Erika still need to level their characters. Which brings me to my next point. I'm hereby ruling that if a character earns a level, but the player DOES NOT take the time to level their character prior to the beginning of the next session, that level is LOST. Harsh? Yes. But it's the player's responsibility to check in and level their character, which takes a grand total of 5 minutes. This rule will take effect after the upcoming session, so everyone can still go up to level 4.

Also, the map has been updated with two new locations.

Phew. Well, see you guys at the next session! It should be good!

Originally Posted By: Yealto, Historian
The Garth-Torres Feud? Yes, I know of it. The short version is this: A few decades ago, the then-Baron Alec Garth of Ricoto was on his personal yacht when his ship and a small frigate got into a firefight. He was killed, and the yacht sunk. Naturally, the Garth family was not thrilled with this development, but the salt on the wound came when a messenger from the Torres family in Niskos arrived, claiming that the Baron's ship had attacked a merchant ship unprovoked, and that the merchant demanded restitution for the incident. The Garths responded by trying to place an embargo on Niskos until the Torres turned over the offending merchant and paid a sum for the loss of the Baron, the ship, and the valuables aboard. This failed rather miserably, and ever since, it's been a long and bloody history of skirmishes, sea battles, and general competition between the two port cities.