Sign in to follow this  
Spddin Ignis

PETA

Quote:
If you can watch a featherless, beak-less, wretch of a bird struggle helplessly for its life as someone squeezes its brains through its eye-sockets, and still feel comfortable eating it, then go ahead, but please don't pretend like it isn't common practice.

Hmm. Considering the pretty weak bonestructure of birds the quick squeezing out of brain matter might actually be a rather humane method of killing them. Don't confuse your disgust with the inside of bodies with a morally or physiologically important fact. Consider this, how would you rather die, pain wise. In a gas chamber, by lethal injection, or by an anvil dropping on your head from 10 stories up? X should work in a slaughter house laugh

PETA really needs to back off the seal hunt in Canada. If the seals weren't so cute I doubt there would be as much fabricated controversy.

would you say... they're harping on the issue?

Two minutes for punning.

EDIT: Also our Governor General is so badass she jabs her hand into baby seals, rips out their still beating hearts, and eats them raw. So I think we know where the government stands on this issue.

(Exaggerating only slightly for the above.)

Even many Canadians don't realize that when the Governor General presides over the ritual opening of Canadian parliament, the 'Speech from the Throne' is just the prelude. The culmination is when she lowers the live baby seals into the lava pit, while holding their beating hearts in her hands. The moment the hearts burst into flame, Parliament is officially open.

Hey, it's less barbaric than primaries.

Ha! Caught you Canadians! I knew there was something more to Canada than meets the eye and you prove it. Weird Al is right - 'time for a pre-emptive strike' indeed.

No-one has mentioned sea-kittens?

PETA decided that people wouldn't eat fish if they had a cute sounding name, so they "officially" renamed them. Also, the "technical" name for caviar is "sea kitten babies".

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Now, I must admit I didn't have much respect for them before this, but that's just...what?

I went to the "create your own" sea-kitten section and as I was sorting through the different fish you can chose, but the only thing I could think of was how delicious each variety was. Mmm, swordfish, oh yeah, fresh mahi mahi, that's the stuff.

But then when I got to the part where you dress them up, and I put a lion mane, sunglasses, biker beard and princess dress on my poor fish, I couldn't help but feel like the whole process was unnecessarily cruel. Those guys at PITA are pretty sick, dressing up those poor fish like that.

do you guys seriously just not get how publicity stunts work or something

Lol the campaign just tries to point out the supposed equality of all animals by creating a humorous analogy with cats and fish.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
do you guys seriously just not get how publicity stunts work or something
i do not understand please enlighten me with your wisdom

Originally Posted By: Thaluikhain
Also, the "technical" name for caviar is "sea kitten babies".

Meh, this is so utterly unoriginal. South Park's "little tortured baby cow" is much much better.

Aaahhh! There's a bug on my screen!

*attempts to squash*

Hmm... are insects equal to mammals according to PETA? Have they petitioned to ban repellent yet for denying mosquito's one of their most natural food sources?

Yeah, that tiny bug avatar is pretty good. It has one funny glitch frame with a big yellow grid, though, that kind of spoils the effect.

One advantage of PETA's idea is that it makes it possible to say a lot about Japan in just three words.

Hello sea kitty.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Yeah, that tiny bug avatar is pretty good. It has one funny glitch frame with a big yellow grid, though, that kind of spoils the effect.

Sure that's not on your end? It works fine for me.

I believe it has to do with the browsers. For me, it works fine when using Firefox, but it has the weird yellow grid when with Safari.

Regardless, me likes my new avatar smile

the yellow grid is a fly swatter obviously

So Safari has bug repellent programmed in? I suppose I would want good protection from insects if I were on Safari. ba-dum-pa

Originally Posted By: Marlenny
I believe it has to do with the browsers. For me, it works fine when using Firefox, but it has the weird yellow grid when with Safari.

Regardless, me likes my new avatar smile

when I use safari and I don't get that.
Odd...

Originally Posted By: Jewels in Black
So Safari has bug repellent programmed in? I suppose I would want good protection from insects if I were on Safari. ba-dum-pa

*applause*

I don't get a yellow grid, but I do get a frame that's not quite right. It looks more like video snow.

—Alorael, who assumed that it was millions and millions of tiny bug progeny. He deals with that better than shoddy work on the internet.

Well, I'm sorry if I'm bugging you, Salmon. Maybe you should use Safari. You never know, it might work on a pest like me, too. ba-dum-pa ching