PETA

Spddin Ignis

Quote:
If you can watch a featherless, beak-less, wretch of a bird struggle helplessly for its life as someone squeezes its brains through its eye-sockets, and still feel comfortable eating it, then go ahead, but please don't pretend like it isn't common practice.

Hmm. Considering the pretty weak bonestructure of birds the quick squeezing out of brain matter might actually be a rather humane method of killing them. Don't confuse your disgust with the inside of bodies with a morally or physiologically important fact. Consider this, how would you rather die, pain wise. In a gas chamber, by lethal injection, or by an anvil dropping on your head from 10 stories up? X should work in a slaughter house laugh

Even many Canadians don't realize that when the Governor General presides over the ritual opening of Canadian parliament, the 'Speech from the Throne' is just the prelude. The culmination is when she lowers the live baby seals into the lava pit, while holding their beating hearts in her hands. The moment the hearts burst into flame, Parliament is officially open.

Hey, it's less barbaric than primaries.

No-one has mentioned sea-kittens?

PETA decided that people wouldn't eat fish if they had a cute sounding name, so they "officially" renamed them. Also, the "technical" name for caviar is "sea kitten babies".

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Now, I must admit I didn't have much respect for them before this, but that's just...what?

I went to the "create your own" sea-kitten section and as I was sorting through the different fish you can chose, but the only thing I could think of was how delicious each variety was. Mmm, swordfish, oh yeah, fresh mahi mahi, that's the stuff.

But then when I got to the part where you dress them up, and I put a lion mane, sunglasses, biker beard and princess dress on my poor fish, I couldn't help but feel like the whole process was unnecessarily cruel. Those guys at PITA are pretty sick, dressing up those poor fish like that.