A6 - The Crystal Shards quest

lz

hey dudes, I'm currently stuck on "The Crystal Shards" quest, and I would be forever grateful to anyone who can shed light as to the best tactics to complete it.

I've made it below Tenevra, but I have not idea how to actually win the fight. I can't kill any of the pylons, and my dudes eventually just die.

(ps, is there any way to abandon quests you can't complete? I'm pretty sure I killed the "Honeycomb Delivery" mans, and that quests' presence bothers me)

thanks,

Only one pylon will take damage and you can tell it by the swirling lights. Avoid the others and this will change as the lights move around. Other than that just stay healed until you get a message that the pylons are no longer shielding and destroy freely until you are done.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
I can damage the pylons, but they don't die. Is this normal?

I think this has been said elsewhere, but the short version is:

You might not have triggered the event which allows you to kill the pylons. To trigger it, *don't* enter fight mode when you see them; instead, walk your whole party, even the squishy ones, into the area between the pylons. You'll get a dialogue box letting you know you've triggered the event.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. It is sort of an outlast-them battle, but different from the others of this type because I can't just hide my priest around the corner and have him heal everybody. It doesn't seem like attacking the blue-illuminated pylon makes a difference. It's important to stay away from the red-illuminated pylon, though.

Trigger the event. You get a message.

Stay away from the red. Attack the blue. Don't leave the area. For example, someone who is terrified and runs towards the stairs will interrupt the event.

The pylons will reset every so often. There is now a random new blue and red pylon.

Do enough damage to the blue pylon and you will get another message. You can now attack the hraithe.

You have to keep bashing the "blue illuminated" pylon, the identity of which will change from time to time. When it changes, go and bash the new pylon (you can hit 'em with spells too). Have your priest keep regenerating your party. It takes a lot of pylon bashing, but eventually they will die. Then you can kill the bad guy and get your stuff.