AIMhack - Selos and Blood Marsh

Ephesos

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spectators are always always always welcome. Always. Seriously. All you have to do is this:

1. Go to the room spidwebRP.

2. Don't interrupt the game.

That's it. smile

Originally Posted By: Khielik, human shaman
The cities shun us. Civilization itself shuns us, all for the wrongs committed by one of our race aeons ago. The jungle, however, welcomes us. It conceals us from our enemies, and it provides for us. In turn, we protect it. Perhaps one day, the world will forgive humankind. Until then, we will wait.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos

Originally Posted By: Khielik, human shaman
The cities shun us. Civilization itself shuns us, all for the wrongs committed by one of our race aeons ago. The jungle, however, welcomes us. It conceals us from our enemies, and it provides for us.

...until some jerks set it on fire. tongue

Originally Posted By: Dantius

what about making snarky comments about how long it takes to get out of town?

Keep them to a tasteful minimum. Not that it matters to you, since you can only spectate for the party that doesn't have town-leaving issues. tongue

Originally Posted By: Sarachim

what about making snarky comments about how long it takes to get out of town?

Keep them to a tasteful minimum. Not that it matters to you, since you can only spectate for the party that doesn't have town-leaving issues. tongue

no, I can spectate to for a party that manages to take 18 damage from people that do 1-2 damage per hit, while we only take 8 damage from a wraith from beyond the grave with glowing eyes that gets two attacks per turn that each do 4 damage, and that our attacks appear to have no effect on.

Come on now, be nice. Both parties failed in roughly equal amounts. tongue

(And the creature that the Blood Marsh party faced was rolling horribly... and Osherl's gang was rolling comparably well. Sometimes the dice are weird.)

Originally Posted By: Lerasti, historian
The first of Chamulsep's lieutenants was a fiendish artificer, who wrought horrible creations of flesh and metal. His machines were responsible for unspeakable atrocities, and formed the base of the Lord of Pain's power.

My dice are no more loaded than the dice that AIM provides. Take that as you will.

Also, we now have a roster for both adventures. If you haven't read everyone's backstory yet, now is the time to acquaint yourselves with them. And if you still haven't sent one to me, I highly recommend you do so.

The second of Chamulsep's lieutenants was a summoning adept, master of bizarre devils and demons. Legend says he was slain by a rebellious demon lord, and his soul was imprisoned in one of the lower hells.

I won't be posting items, as it would just be too much clutter. Particularly with some of your inventories.

Also, I do not remember Cleanse. In fact, I don't remember the conversation. But yeah, okay. What was Cleanse again? tongue

The third of Chamulsep's lieutenants was a powerful wizard of a past age, who the Lord of Pain revived as an arch-lich. After Chamulsep's fall, the lich allegedly threw himself into the volcano Ounolokisha, stoking its fires for aeons.

Ah, right. My bad... and the roster has been updated to reflect this.

Also, the pantheon has been updated.

The fourth of Chamulsep's lieutenants was a high priestess of Hurak, the forgotten god of Decay. She surrounded herself with the tortured souls of her victims, until one of the Alliance's sorcerers freed them, spelling a long and painful death for the priestess.

Duly noted, fixed and updated.

The last of Chamulsep's lieutenants was a shade, about whom precious little is known. The story goes that Chamulsep's power enticed the shadow of a long-dead god into serving him. The shade was finally destroyed when the then-exarch of Mariona broke through its citadel, and the goddess herself appeared to destroy it.

I have to say, Eph, this Chamulsep fellow sounds rather dastardly.

Just a word of support. I've been reading the logs since The Labyrinth, and I find it all interesting and hilarious. I regret that I don't actually have the time to be a participant, or even a spectator, but I truly appreciate these RPs being available on Spidweb. Keep up the good work!

Well, I'm glad that even non-players are enjoying it. Since I'm still unemployed, it's good to know that I'm at least doing something useful with my time. tongue

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
Oh, hey, Sliros. Yay!

Yup, was wondering when anyone would notice. The other Legends of Divinity personalities are welcome to lobby for appearances, for the record.

Also, since the last couple of snippets have been more tied to The Blood Marsh, I think it's time to put up something more relevant to Selos.

Originally Posted By: Airick, dwarven guardian
Once upon a time, there was an elven boy who knew the future. He did not predict it, but he saw it like we would see the words in a book.

Naturally, such a child would be cursed with an interesting life.

The boy was almost immediately captured by bandits, and taken to the city of Sarden. In a city filled with miscreants, the boy fared surprisingly well, given how many were willing to kill to exploit his gift. It was here that he learned the extent of his power, as he kept himself alive simply by following the graceful arc of time.

To him, there was not always one future. But luckily, there was always one where the boy survived. He was fifteen years old when he misread a future and lost his left eye to a confused adventurer, but the disfiguring scar only improved his skill.

Less than a year after he lost his eye, he glimpsed a future more distant than ever before. A remote peak above the jungle, and a lonely quiet. Something dark moving at the edge, and then the vision faded. But he knew what awaited him. That night he fled Sarden, masterfully escaping the dungeon of his most recent captor, exactly as he knew he would.

His journey through the wilderness was unremarkable, in that no trouble ever befell him. When he arrived at E’Tarn, he knew he had found peace at last. In time, word of his gifts spread, and he attracted a following. They guarded him, and in return, he shared what he could see.

So came to be Khashen, the Oracle of Selos.

Methinks you have misunderstood the purpose of these little snippets. I'm not writing them to give spoilers. In fact, many of these contain information that the party members would definitely not know. For instance, Chamulsep's lieutenants? That all happened aeons ago. That's gonna take one heck of a History check. And besides, do any of them sound like they'd be appropriate encounters you? tongue

This stuff is for the players, learning about the kind of world this is. And it's also for me, solidifying the stuff that makes the world tick.

Originally Posted By: Plaram, master pyromancer
The mountain loomed before me as I left Brenn. In that moment, I glimpsed primordial power. Visions of fire, destructive and elegant, swam in my mind's eye. My path, long set, led onward to the heart of Tanalus.

Legends say that one of Chamulsep's unholy vassals took up residence in the swamps of Risia. So much blood was shed by the heroes who deposed him that the marshlands were dyed red. Thus they are known today as the Blood Marsh, and are forever unhallowed.

Risis's claim to fame is that the infamous necromancer Chamulsep installed one of his more powerful underlings in a complex at the center of the swamp.

I figure if one of those guys set up the Temple, it might be to our advantage to know which one did, and thus plan accordingly. Besides, who says that the snippets can't be itty bitty spoilers? tongue

...who says that the snippets can't be itty bitty spoilers? tongue

Me. I do. You will find out when you find out.

Also, regarding Nikki's pending tardiness/drunkenness... yeah, we'll decide how to deal with the sudden lack of healing when we get there. tongue

Originally Posted By: Ikthak, goblin archmage
Ah... Plaram. A genius at his art, and a pleasant enough individual, assuming you are not flammable.

Ack, sorry. Meant magical healing, my bad. Understand that it's not that I forgot about Sawbones, just that there is an underlying block in my brain regarding healing in RPGs. Think about early Avernum... who would've used First Aid over Priest Spells?

Originally Posted By: Kura, beastlord
Have you ever seen someone get carried away by dragonflies? Didn't think so. And unless you want to witness it first-hand, I don't think I'll be paying that toll.

Oof. Well, do not despair... Sss-Tkss can still join the party later in the action, we'll just have to work out a quick explanation for the absence (nothing too worrisome).

So for the record, the game will begin in 15 hours and 40 minutes, pending inevitable delays that will result from people being late/hungry/inebriated/whatever.

Originally Posted By: Gaunik-Da, master illusionist
I have both seen and crafted dreams fit for the gods themselves. Truly a unique sight, the death of a god. But even more unique, puzzling, and truly awe-inspiring is the birth of a god.

Remember, today is The Blood Marsh's session, not the Selos party. We'll try to get going at 5PM CST, but it's entirely possible nothing will happen in the first hour.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Hey, Ephesos, Dikiyoba appears to be in possession of a spiffy new d20. Can Dikiyoba use that next session and just report the rolls in chat? Dikiyoba promises not to fake the numbers (although the die does appear to be loaded, so it's not like misreporting will be needed anyway). tongue

No. Come on, I know for a fact you'll just use your time machine and keep going back until you get a 20. And no, I'm not helping you find places to sleep for all the copies of you.

Originally Posted By: Liomha, dragonborn weaponsmith
Of all the strange and ill-conceived weaponry I've seen over the years, one of the least practical I've seen is the catberd. Halberd on one end, cat o' nine tails on the other end. Almost impossible to wield, probably impossible to wield effectively. And everyone calls it a "catbard", which just makes no sense.

Originally Posted By: Liomha, dragonborn weaponsmith
Of all the strange and ill-conceived weaponry I've seen over the years, one of the least practical I've seen is the catberd. Halberd on one end, cat o' nine tails on the other end. Almost impossible to wield, probably impossible to wield effectively. And everyone calls it a "catbard", which just makes no sense.

Such a weapon would set up wonderful in-battle-taunts/literary references to "sitting in the catbird seat..."