AIMhack - Selos and Blood Marsh

Ephesos

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminder! The brief mini-session of Selos and the Oracle is tonight! In just a few hours, in fact. (9pm CST)

Also reminder! The Blood Marsh goes tomorrow at 5pm CST as well!

Originally Posted By: Tabazinth, necromancer
"Adventuring? Bah, I know how that story ends. Dead in some cave miles away from sunlight, with unspeakable creatures gnawing on your bones. I'll stay right where I am, thank you."

The Selos party has spoken with the Oracle, and the log is right here.

Also, I got word recently that Zkaashj will not be joining the Selos party in future sessions, which drops that party's size to 4. If anyone would like to join the Selos party, now's a pretty good time to speak up.

Originally Posted By: Khashen, the Oracle of Selos
"You have your answers. I hope they satisfy your curiosity. Use the knowledge well."

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Not gonna be able to sub for anyone tonight.

Ephesos, with your permission, I'll take up your offer to participate in the Blood Marsh campaign.

See, slight problems here. First, Blood Marsh doesn't have the open spots, Selos does. Second, you'd be missing a session tonight if you were trying to join Blood Marsh. tongue

If you meant Selos, then by all means, PM me and we shall discuss.

Originally Posted By: Egues-Tol, necromancer
"To me, necromancy simply means never having to restock your aquarium."

I have not heard from him, but in theory he will be present this evening. But even if he is not, I would much prefer someone bolster the dwindling numbers in the Selos party.

Originally Posted By: Tabazinth, necromancer
"I feel the pulse of the marsh, burning my brain at night. Some fell power still holds sway there, and though it may rest now, it might not always be so."

It's sort of amazing how close Amadan came to not leveling up again, ever. And that's why I'm boosting Strength.

Click to reveal.. (Amadan Rayton)
AMADAN RAYTON
Click to reveal.. (Bio)

Alignment: Kind Pragmatic

Race: Human

Homeland: Ona

Deity: Liea, Goddess of Fire and Stone

Attributes

Strength - 3

Dexterity - 6

Intelligence - 4

HP - 14/15 (+3)

Speed - 5

Stamina - 7/10

Skills

Martial (Bows): 5

Magic (Transmutation): 2

Crafting (Alchemy): 2

Stealth: 2

Nature: 2

Perception: 2

Artifice: 1

Click to reveal.. (Inventory)
Items

Ricochet Bow (arrows ricochet back toward target on miss)

Quiver

Arrows (x9)

Satchel

Empty Vials (x2)

Small Knife

Mortar and Pestle

Healing Potion

Tattered Tent

Small Shield

Shortsword

Unmarked Packet of Unidentified Herbs

Ritual Candles

Spellbook

Fire Arrow (1S) - Wreathes an arrow in flame. 1 free cast/day.

Spinneret Arrow - Transforms an arrow into a mass of sticky webbing on impact, entangling and bogging down the target.

Loft - Makes an object lighter, like a poor-man's featherfall.

Detrimentum - Disrupts the molecular structure of a target, damaging it.

Click to reveal..
Name: Allen "Sawbones" Macterris
Alignment: Convenience
Race: Goblin
Diety: Phol-Phoram

STR:5
DEX:3
INT:4
HP:17 +5 (22)

Martial(Medical Equipment):5 +1 (6) <-Bonesaws, scalpels, syringes, etc.
First Aid:4 +1 (5)
Nature:1+1 Goblin bonus
Crafting(Medical Supplies):2
Intimidate:0+1 Goblin bonus

Aside from the fact that 17 + 5 = 22, those changes are noted and have been made on the roster page. Also, for those who are interested, check out my map of the swamp! The party's path is marked in red.

Also, the log for session #4 of the Blood Marsh is available right here! A riveting read, full of character conflict, epic smiting, and more than a few total and utter failures. Now, for the fun part... everyone in the Blood Marsh party levels up again!

Click to reveal.. (I fumbled my quotes)
  • Sawbones: "Don't worry, I'll kill him later. It won't be pleasant."
  • Alexander: "I look forward to when you are reanimated and I kill you again as a zombie."
  • Kurex: "Which would you rather have? Free slaves, or phat lewt?"
  • Amadan: "Liea, I know I've already called on your assistance once today, but I think I'm going to need your help again..."
  • Esstra: "Well, thank Liea. And the fact that our enemies like to commit suicide."

So there's that. Gimme a day or two and I'll think about what to do next for scheduling.

Also, since after tonight Sss-Tkss will no longer be with the Blood Marsh party, we're down another player. To that end, if anyone wants to join in on either campaign, PM me please. At the moment, we have 2 spots open in Selos and 1 in Blood Marsh.

Now if you will excuse me, it is late, I am tired, and my brain is ready to explode.

I DEMAND MORE EVOCATION!

Click to reveal..
Name: Kurex

Alignment: Magnificent Bastard

Race: Human

Deity: Imaunte

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 5

HP: 20/20 (+4)

Magic (Evocation): 8 (+2)

Martial (Sword): 2

Artifice: 2

Diplomacy: 2

Streetwise: 1

Stealth: 1

Perception: 1

Spells:

Click to reveal..
Light (evocation): Creates a small hovering orb of light, or causes an object to glow softly

Ice Spray (evocation): Shoots a cloud of sharp ice particles at a target. Somewhat better than Magic Missile.

Magic Missile (evocation): Fires a bolt of energy at the target

Stun (evocation): Fires a powerful energy pulse at the target, knocking them off balance and stunning them. No damage.

Burning Hand(evocation): Projects a sheet of flame from the casters hand. Short range attack.

Kurex's change has been noted.

And with regard to spells, I'm listing them all for completeness. Amadan still knows those spells, it's just that he can only have four of them prepared and ready to cast at once.

Originally Posted By: Zarusa, pyromancer
"I make my own paths. It's just refreshing to actually have one go where I want it for once."

Oof. Well that's a downer... perhaps we should reschedule this week's Selos session.

Fortunately, the bad news is tempered by good news. We have a new character joining up with the Selos party. Meet Triumph's character, Lanrezac!

Click to reveal.. (Lanrezac)
Name: Lanrezac - Level 3

Alignment: A Bit Eccentric

Race: Lacewing

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 5

Speed: 5

Health: 16/16

Stamina: 10/10

Magic (Abjuration): 6

Martial (Staves): 4

History: 4

Perception: 1

Thievery: 1

And of course, his spells and backstory are available over at the roster page.

Originally Posted By: Liomha, dragonborn weaponsmith
"Look, I am not responsible for important quest-related items that you forgot to remove from your sword's secret compartment behind the pommel. Didn't you read the sign?"

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Ladies and gentlemen, it is a monumental occasion. 13 characters have come and gone, but now, one brave soul has ventured where no character has gone before.

Someone has FINALLY taken Abjuration. Go Triumph!

* bows * Thank you, thank you, my loyal audience...

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Nikki?

Would love to, but I'll be packing for my journey on Saturday that night. I'll try to make it, but I don't want Eph to rely on my attendance.

After Saturday, though, I'll be able to participate whenever - I have the flight to catch up on the previous sessions logs.

Edit (because I meant to say it, and forgot): Yay Triumph! And I'm glad you're in the Selos group - you still get to be awesome playing Alexander. tongue

...okay. Sorry folks, but I think we might have to skip this week. It's pretty clear that Friday won't work, I have plans for Saturday, and starting on Sunday I'm house-sitting/kid-sitting for someone and internet access will be spotty. Odds are that I will be good to go by next Friday or Saturday (19th or 20th), but no guarantees right now.

Also, I have pretty much nothing prepared at the moment. I might be slightly burned out, but a week off will let me recover. In that time, I promise two things:

1. Finally start dishing out perks.

2. Patch together a short story or something to make up for not having a session.

In short, sorry for the fail. Hopefully, this little preview of the story to come will help me atone.

Originally Posted By: Keoshor, Sorceress of Fates
"The Far Expedition... truly an intriguing tale. To think that one of them was able to tear himself away from the wonders beheld, yet I still weep for the knowledge lost. Perhaps one day we shall know, but even my divinations cannot be certain."

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
...okay. Sorry folks, but I think we might have to skip this week. It's pretty clear that Friday won't work, I have plans for Saturday, and starting on Sunday I'm house-sitting/kid-sitting for someone and internet access will be spotty. Odds are that I will be good to go by next Friday or Saturday (19th or 20th), but no guarantees right now.

Alas. frown

Quote:
a week off will let me recover.

Good thinking.

Quote:
In that time, I promise two things:

1. Finally start dishing out perks.

Yay! smile

Quote:
2. Patch together a short story or something to make up for not having a session.

Extra yay! laugh

Quote:
In short, sorry for the fail.

Hey, it happens. It just means you have a life.

On a related note, I'm now inexplicably jealous. tongue

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Why am I making a bunch of inane comments?

I have no idea! whistle

Okay, on an actual, meaningful note, I'm curious as to what this "Far Expedition" actually is. A small hunch makes me think it's referring to the Labyrinth party, but... *shrugs*

Eph, no worries about this weekend. You have done so much running two parties at once that you deserve a break. You also deserve a lot of "thank you"s and "you are awesome"s because you are a great gm.

I think I am speaking for both parties when I say these have been some very fun Friday nights due to you. Thanks for everything. smile

Originally Posted By: Rowen
Eph, no worries about this weekend. You have done so much running two parties at once that you deserve a break. You also deserve a lot of "thank you"s and "you are awesome"s because you are a great gm.

I think I am speaking for both parties when I say these have been some very fun Friday nights due to you. Thanks for everything. smile

Indeed.

Alright everyone, as I continue to prepare for upcoming sessions (expect a calendar very very soon), I've been poring over everyone's characters. It is certainly time for the first perks to be dished out, so here we go. If you didn't get one, don't worry, it'll come eventually.

First, Amadan, who has somewhat inadvertently forged a deeper connection with Liea, receives Liea's Blessing, giving him a +1 bonus to all attack rolls involving fire, as well as a small damage bonus for the same.

Next, Kundak, whose boundless curiosity for the world around him was apparent at the Oracle, receives Dig Deeper. Once per in-game day, he can roll twice when casting a Divination spell and use either result. Using the gyroscope in the ritual is optional.

Boregloaf, who has enthusiastically rushed into combat at every opportunity, receives Zealous. Once per in-game day, she can get a +5 bonus to any one roll BY YELLING REALLY LOUD.

Kurex, who can't seem to stop taunting his enemies (or heckling me, for that matter), receives Smug. Any time he hits an enemy in combat, he gets a +1 to Intimidate checks against that enemy until the end of his next turn. Like all intimidation, however, it runs the risk of simply enraging the enemy.

Last, Esstra, who has been doing a lot of face-smashing lately, receives Healing Fist. Any time she scores a critical hit, one ally of her choice regains hit points equal to 5 + Esstra's level. The ally must be within sight.

And once more, if you did not receive a perk, don't worry. It will happen eventually, as long as everyone continues doing awesome things.

(that story I promised is coming along as well)

Originally Posted By: Vothella, lacewing dreamthief
"It is surprisingly easy to steal someone's dream and then sell it right back to them."

Originally Posted By: Ephesos

Kurex, who can't seem to stop taunting his enemies (or heckling me, for that matter), receives Smug. Any time he hits an enemy in combat, he gets a +1 to Intimidate checks against that enemy until the end of his next turn. Like all intimidation, however, it runs the risk of simply enraging the enemy.

Clearly I need to heckle you more until I get infinite free casts of Aura of Flames and Arcane Blow. tongue

Well deserved for Amadan. Those two natural 20s after invoking Liea rocked.

Oh, I was hoping Esstra would get honored for dropping the giant nest on the dire eagle. That was the second coolest thing to happen in Blood Marsh (after Amadan's divine intervention). smirk

The perks for Kundak, Boregloaf, and Kurex amuse me. smile All three are clever and appropriate.

Alright... so at the moment, it looks like this Saturday, February 20th is the earliest I can do another session. If that works for the Selos party, that would be excellent.

Also, in other news, remember that story I promised? Well have a look at the writing of Keoshor, Sorceress of Fates, on the subject of The Far Expedition.

(no quote because well, I just wrote all of that)

That'll probably be fine with me. Is there any chance we could start a little earlier than usual (say 4 pm central time), since we're doing it on Saturday? Sessions usually start around six eastern time (where I live) and end at or after midnight eastern time...I have church Sunday morning and would prefer to get to bed a little sooner than that Saturday night.

Edit: and the Far Expedition is an intriguing and amusing tale. Spiffy.

...DANGIT! I knew there was something I was forgetting. Scratch that, how about Sunday?

Glad people like the Far Expedition.

Originally Posted By: Khielik, human shaman
"I have dreams where humanity atones for the wrongs of the past, beautiful dreams where we are welcomed back to civilization. But for the life of me, I can never see clearly the one act that will redeem us. It haunts me to see the effect but not the cause."