AIMhack - Selos and Blood Marsh

Ephesos

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last last time, first this time! (And I'm even before the level-up command. :p)

Click to reveal..

Esstra Seaborne

[...]

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 5

Max Health: 16 HP (+3)

Magic (Conjuration): 5

Religion: 3

Martial (Hammer): 3 (+1)

First Aid: 3 (+1)

Artifice: 2

Click to reveal..
Name: Allen "Sawbones" Macterris
Alignment: Convenience
Race: Goblin
Diety: Phol-phoram

STR:4 +1 (5)
DEX:3
INT:4
HP:12 +5 (17)

Martial(Medical Equipment):5 <-Bonesaws, scalpels, syringes, etc.
First Aid:4
Nature:1+1 Goblin bonus
Crafting(Medical Supplies):2
Intimidate:0+1 Goblin bonus

Taking things to the next level.

Basically, +1 to Dexterity. And a few changes to inventory.

Click to reveal.. (Amadan Rayton)
AMADAN RAYTON
Click to reveal.. (Bio)

Alignment: Kind Pragmatic

Race: Human

Homeland: Ona

Deity: Liea, Goddess of Fire and Stone

Attributes

Strength - 2

Dexterity - 6

Intelligence - 4

HP - 12/12 (+2)

Speed - 5

Stamina - 4/10

Skills

Martial (Bows): 5

Magic (Transmutation): 2

Crafting (Alchemy): 2

Stealth: 2

Nature: 2

Perception: 2

Artifice: 1

Click to reveal.. (Inventory)
Items

Ricochet Bow (Improves accuracy, arrows ricochet back toward target on miss)

Quiver

Arrows (x2)

Satchel

Empty Vials (x2)

Composite Bow

Small Knife

Mortar and Pestle

Dark Fabric

Healing Potion

Femur Bone Club

Tattered Tent

Spellbook

Fire Arrow (1S) - Wreathes an arrow in flame. 1 free cast/day.

CryoArrow (2S) - Transforms the arrowhead into an explosive cryogenic substance, damaging and momentarily freezing the target.

Loft - Makes an object lighter, like a poor-man's featherfall.

Detrimentum - Disrupts the molecular structure of a target, damaging it.

Also, I'll get that map up at some point. Not right now, though.

Good work on the map, I will heartily give it my stamp of "close enough".

Also, I am still working on the log, so that'll be a little while still. The entire party does get to level up though, so go ahead and keep doing that.

All in all, good work on surviving, glad this new mechanical twist worked, and YAY SPECTATORS! You guys rock, seriously.

However, there is something that's been bothering me. If you're going to participate in this campaign, you have to check the boards. Thankfully, most people have been good about this, but really, I'm getting tired of people claiming they are available only to be mysteriously absent the night of the session. It is quite possibly more annoying than a spastic internet connection.

Also, just so everyone knows, if the schedules posted so far are accurate, then there are currently no times we can have sessions through the end of February. And that's for both parties. This is a bad thing, and that's only with half of the players responding. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? I'm tired of having my efforts be ignored, so I'd like to hear from you all now.

Originally Posted By: Lerasti, historian
When conflict finally ceased, and Chamulsep was slain, one major question was raised. What to do with the fallen soldiers? After long negotiations, the Allied mages wrought stone crypts across the marsh, and the fallen of both sides were interred there. Modern scholars view this quick and elegant solution as nothing short of a political miracle.

Click to reveal..

Name: Kundak Skylark
Race: Dragonborn
Religion: Phol-Phoram
Alignment: Magnanimous

Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
HP: 12 (+2)

Magic (Conjuration): 5 (+1)
First Aid: 4
Martial (Shuriken): 2
Magic (Divination): 2 (+1)
Diplomacy: 1

The only thing I can really say for certain is that drawing conclusions from incomplete data will lead to inaccurate results. We may only have one or two outliers screwing us up here, but because no one else has reported in, we can't see that. So seriously, people, mark dates on the calendar.

Also, I think we need to be open to the idea of having spectators control half of the party. Fact is, with six players to a party, it's not surprising there's scheduling conflicts. Especially since there currently seems to be a lot of uncertainty with a few players, and generally just real life getting in the way. But I think if we work it out to having spectators fill in for the missing players, it'll work out okay. So maybe look at the calendar again and see what works for the most players in the campaign on a given day. Maybe if the available players from both parties pool together, we can keep things moving.

'Cause really, I don't see another option besides a month-long hiatus. And that would just suck.

EDIT: THE CALENDAR

Originally Posted By: Ephesos

When conflict finally ceased, and Chamulsep was slain, one major question was raised. What to do with the fallen soldiers? After long negotiations, the Allied mages wrought stone crypts across the marsh, and the fallen of both sides were interred there. Modern scholars view this quick and elegant solution as nothing short of a political miracle.

:-) Nice way of answering my question about where all the stone for the crypts came from in the middle of big swamp.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos

However, there is something that's been bothering me. If you're going to participate in this campaign, you have to check the boards. Thankfully, most people have been good about this, but really, I'm getting tired of people claiming they are available only to be mysteriously absent the night of the session. It is quite possibly more annoying than a spastic internet connection.

I would like to offer my apologies for this to Ephesos and everyone else that was expecting me. Because I don't frequent the boards regularly, some real life changes were enough to make me forget about it until today. Again, sorry.

Regarding scheduling, what would be the minimum number of missing players in a session that could be arranged?

Alright, it's time for me to finally finish the log! If you have not leveled up yet (and you're in Blood Marsh), you should do that.

Originally Posted By: Creator
Regarding scheduling, what would be the minimum number of missing players in a session that could be arranged?

In theory, as long as the number of missing players is less than or equal to the number of spectators present, we're fine. The problem with the last session was that we only had two party members present at the start of the session. (Well, three, but the third had to leave.)

The point is, if you can't make it to a session, please try to find someone to cover for you. At the very least, let me know before the day of the session.

Oh yeah, and quotes:

Click to reveal.. (how I failed my saving throw versus quotes...)
  • Sawbones - "You never get anywhere by being cautious."
  • Sss-Tkss - "I say we march north and find something interesting to kill."
  • Esstra - "I've er, remembered the fallen. Poor dears."
  • Alexander - "I'm a zombie slayer, not an oceanographer."
  • Amadan - "Wow... the world's really swirly all of a sudden... Wheeeeeee..."

And last but not least, the next session will be Selos and the Oracle, going at 5pm CST on Friday, January 29th. I apologize for any inconvenience, but it was really the best option.

Free levels!

Click to reveal..

Name: Kurex

Alignment: Magnificent Bastard

Deity: Imaunte

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 5 (+1)

HP: 16/16 (+4)

Magic (Evocation): 6

Martial (Sword): 2

Artifice: 2

Diplomacy: 2

Streetwise: 1

Stealth: 1

Perception: 1

Spells:

Light (evocation): Creates a small hovering orb of light, or causes an object to glow softly

Ice Spray (evocation): Shoots a cloud of sharp ice particles at a target. Somewhat better than Magic Missile.

Magic Missile (evocation): Fires a bolt of energy at the target

Stun (evocation): Fires a powerful energy pulse at the target, knocking them off balance and stunning them. No damage.

Burning Hand(evocation): Projects a sheet of flame from the casters hand. Short range attack.

Added a point to INT, and relearned the Burning Hand spell.

For the record, you don't have to re-learn Burning Hands. You can still know it, and in fact you can know more spells than you have Intelligence. But for any given day, you can only prepare that many spells.

In other news, I cannot wait for Friday. It's gonna be sweeet.

Originally Posted By: Khielik, human shaman
Vengeance does not become us. It never has, and it never will. We only do what we must to guarantee our own safety.

Ah, thank you for that note. It has been corrected. I really need to start keeping track of all those... that honesty should be rewarded.

Don't forget that there are still huge tracts of this world that are blank. I welcome any and all suggestions for content. Not that I'm having any trouble with Selos and the Blood Marsh (no, really), but currently I have nothing beyond vague ideas after that. So who knows, you could end up planting the seeds of the next adventures. smile

Originally Posted By: Lord Hakkel of Quera
Friends, my time grows short. I have but two wishes, and I bid you listen. First, that we not let the petty squabbles and annoyances that hinder us to truly unseat us. We must stand strong against the darkness, and we can only stand together. Second, wring every last drop of happiness from your lives, for otherwise our vigil is for naught.

PM me about it. I had stuff I wanted to discuss with regard to Nixak anyway.

Tracing the stories back to the original conflict, it becomes uncertain who or what actually slew Chamulsep. The final fate of the necromancer's body is even less certain. Most groups can agree that it was destroyed, but the truth remains elusive.

*BUMP*

Session #3 of Selos and the Oracle starts in just a few hours! (approximately 2.7 hours)

Originally Posted By: Egues-Tol, necromancer
The persecution of humankind is one of our world's greatest misconceptions. Many believe that in treating humans unfairly, they are avenging the losses Chamulsep inflicted. In truth, he was no paragon of humanity, and he never believed that humanity was superior. He simply believed in his own superiority, and found that it was far easier to manipulate fellow humans. Though not many of his mad ramblings have survived the march of the ages, this much is clear to me.

I'd like to spectate, at least for a while, but as I've never done anything like this before, I'm a little bit lost.

I've logged into AIM Express, but can't figure out how to do anything from there.

I clicked the redirect in this thread, but "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (aim) isn't associated with any program". I don't want to have to download anything. Help, please!

Alright, session #3 of Selos and the Oracle is complete, and fully logged!

After the epic fight the party endured, I think it's fair to say that everyone gets to level up. Also, thanks again to Nioca for covering Zkaashj for the early going.

Now, the part everyone waits for...

Click to reveal.. (You take 11 quote damage.)
  • Zarusa: "It's only the fourth day of the festival. We have time. But it would've been nice to get back for some of the fun."
  • Nixak: "This box canyon makes me think of a smiths anvil, and we are not the hammer."
  • Boregloaf: "Everyone, shut up! We are here to protect the pilgrims. We will not do that by splitting up and wandering around blindly in the dark!"
  • Vitze: "Protect the Oracle!"
  • Zkaashj: "Don't take what you can't repay."
  • Kundak: "Er, I think I just rewired your kidneys...but you should be fine..."
  • Khashen: "There are many who would silence me forever. However, most who are actually in a position to do so are smarter than that."
  • Phal: "Telaverin left?"

And then of course there's this little exchange, which was the perfect closing for the session:

Click to reveal..
Vitze: "Do you guys all know what you want to ask?"

Zkaashj: "Not really"

Kundak: "I want to learn how to use a gyroscope."

Vitze: ". . . I'm not sure that's how the Oracle works."

For the moment, it appears that the next session will be (again) next Friday, February 5th. The Blood Marsh will be going then.

Thanks again to Nioca for filling in Zkaashj for me

Click to reveal..

Name: Zkaashj

Race: Lacewing

Pantheon : Kyrophius

Alignment : Secretive

Strength:2

Intelligence: 5

HP: 14 (+2)

Magic (Necromancy): 7

History: 3( 1+racial bonus)

Magic(Evocation) : 3

Martial(Glaive) : 2

Artifice: 1

Thievery: 1(1+racial bonus)

First, a level up!

Click to reveal..
Vitze

Female Elf

2/3/5, 14HP (+2)

6/14 HP, 4/10 Stamina

Bluff: 4

Streetwise: 3

Magic (Illusions): 5

Magic (Transmutation): 4

Religion: 1

Martial (Throwing Knives): 1

And second, Vitze's adventure in the dark, in which:

Alternative paths are considered, then rejected!

An NPC's character is developed!

Vitze emulates her player by not sleeping!

Click to reveal..
ephesossh (7:44:47 PM): Telaverin got a short head start on you, but you continue walking alone in the dark.

ephesossh (7:47:50 PM): You don't have a light source.

SarachimSeafello (7:48:21 PM): Is it pitch dark, or is there starlight or something?

ephesossh (7:48:54 PM): There's some starlight, but it's very faint. Also not terribly helpful.

SarachimSeafello (7:49:19 PM): Could I start a fire and make a torch?

ephesossh (7:49:49 PM): For the sake of simplicity, yes. You find some sticks and manage to assemble a passable torch.

SarachimSeafello (7:50:41 PM): All right. I keep following the three of them, as fast as I can in the dark. It's still a narrow canyon, right?

ephesossh (7:50:54 PM): Yep. It gets less narrow as you go farther.

SarachimSeafello (7:51:04 PM): Okay. Can I see any tracks or anything?

ephesossh (7:51:20 PM): Nope, the canyon floor is solid rock.

SarachimSeafello (7:51:58 PM): I keep going. "Phal! Mithas! Telaverin!"

ephesossh (7:52:10 PM): Your progress is slower due to the lack of light, but after about an hour you bump into Mithas.

SarachimSeafello (7:53:12 PM): "Thank the gods, I thought we'd lost you."

SarachimSeafello (7:53:17 PM): "Did you find Phal?"

ephesossh (7:53:31 PM): "No. She didn't come back this way somehow, did she?"

SarachimSeafello (7:53:45 PM): "I didn't see her."

ephesossh (7:53:53 PM): "Well damn."

SarachimSeafello (7:54:08 PM): "I think the others stopped to camp. We could go back, or keep looking."

ephesossh (7:54:11 PM): "She probably took another path. Don't know why she flew off the handle like that."

ephesossh (7:54:19 PM): "Is anyone else coming?"

SarachimSeafello (7:54:37 PM): "I don't think so. Telaverin wandered off, but I doubt he's coming back."

ephesossh (7:55:05 PM): "Telaverin came this way? Was she with you?"

SarachimSeafello (7:55:16 PM): "No, she was ahead of me."

ephesossh (7:55:31 PM): Mithas looks very confused.

SarachimSeafello (7:55:46 PM): ". . . maybe we missed a side passage. Or maybe she climbed."

ephesossh (7:56:52 PM): "I'm going to keep looking. I'll stay out all night if I have to."

SarachimSeafello (7:56:59 PM): "All right, I'll go with you."

ephesossh (7:57:18 PM): By the time you reach the intersection of the paths, it is morning again.

SarachimSeafello (7:58:22 PM): "Was Phal angry because we didn't choose the path she liked? Maybe she went down it."

SarachimSeafello (7:58:55 PM): "Or, uh, up it. You know what I mean."

ephesossh (7:59:44 PM): "I don't know what set her off."

ephesossh (7:59:50 PM): "But yes, we could search that path."

SarachimSeafello (8:00:19 PM): "I think that's the best plan. She wouldn't just go home. Let's go."

SarachimSeafello (8:00:57 PM): If Mithas doesn't object, I start along the ridge path.

ephesossh (8:02:13 PM): You head along the ridge path, which slopes sharply upward.

SarachimSeafello (8:02:34 PM): "Phaaaal!"

ephesossh (8:02:43 PM): The call echoes.

SarachimSeafello (8:03:00 PM): Perception check for signs of Phal's passing?

ephesossh (8:03:23 PM): There's too much loose rock to see any tracks.

SarachimSeafello (8:04:16 PM): "This would be much easier if Yount weren't such a jerk."

SarachimSeafello (8:04:26 PM): I keep going along the path.

ephesossh (8:05:17 PM): "Look, you can't just keep riding off on our spare horse."

ephesossh (8:05:32 PM): "After all, how much did it do against those bandits?"

SarachimSeafello (8:06:37 PM): "Not everything worth trying works out. I thought it was important to find you and Phal as fast as possible."

ephesossh (8:07:11 PM): "Yes, and riding a horse in the dark over loose rock? That's a great idea."

SarachimSeafello (8:07:29 PM): "Well, I guess that's fair, but there was no call for him to hit me."

SarachimSeafello (8:07:36 PM): "Phaaaal!"

ephesossh (8:08:01 PM): The call echoes again.

ephesossh (8:08:28 PM): There is still no sign of her, but the path looks like it's about to level out up ahead.

SarachimSeafello (8:09:22 PM): "I hope the caravan follows us. We could be more lost than Phal."

SarachimSeafello (8:09:25 PM): I keep going.

ephesossh (8:10:22 PM): The path levels out, and you find yourselves looking out over a whole lot of mountain range. However, the mountains are still higher ahead.

ephesossh (8:10:28 PM): Mithas whistles.

ephesossh (8:10:30 PM): "Wow."

SarachimSeafello (8:10:33 PM): "Yeah."

SarachimSeafello (8:11:52 PM): "Do you know these mountains at all?"

ephesossh (8:12:42 PM): "Nope, not really. My family may be from here, but I was born and raised in Quera."

SarachimSeafello (8:13:21 PM): "Ah, too bad. It's beautiful up here."

SarachimSeafello (8:13:32 PM): "I guess we'd better press on, right?"

ephesossh (8:13:56 PM): "Yeah, probably."

SarachimSeafello (8:14:14 PM): I keep going.

ephesossh (8:16:02 PM): You press onward. The path continues upward, and you think you can spot a waterfall coming from one of the peaks up ahead.

ephesossh (8:16:16 PM): Other ridges begin to rise on your right and left.

SarachimSeafello (8:17:16 PM): Would there be accessible water somewhere ahead?

ephesossh (8:17:43 PM): Aside from the waterfall, you have no idea.

SarachimSeafello (8:18:52 PM): "Your parents didn't teach you anything about surviving up here, did they? We can't go on without food or water."

ephesossh (8:19:21 PM): "Last I talked to Zarusa, we were within a day's march of E'Tarn."

ephesossh (8:19:24 PM): "It should be fine."

SarachimSeafello (8:20:02 PM): "Good point. Let's keep going."

ephesossh (8:21:48 PM): As you move farther down the path, you think you can see buildings on top of the peak with the waterfall.

SarachimSeafello (8:22:17 PM): "Look! Is that E'Tarn?"

ephesossh (8:22:28 PM): Mithas shrugs.

ephesossh (8:22:40 PM): "It's somewhere, which beats where we are."

SarachimSeafello (8:22:52 PM): I laugh. How far off is it?

ephesossh (8:23:29 PM): Looks like maybe an hour's march.

SarachimSeafello (8:23:41 PM): All right. I keep going.

SarachimSeafello (8:23:45 PM): (Surprise! :p)

ephesossh (8:24:14 PM): You think you hear the sounds of others behind you.

SarachimSeafello (8:24:41 PM): "The caravan! Let's go back. Phal may have found them by now."

ephesossh (8:24:53 PM): "Fair enough."

SarachimSeafello (8:25:30 PM): I turn back. If I can see them, I wave and shout, "Hey guys, it's us!"

Click to reveal..

Name: Kundak Skylark
Race: Dragonborn
Religion: Phol-Phoram
Alignment: Magnanimous

Intelligence: 7 (+1)
HP: 14 (+2)

Magic (Conjuration): 5
First Aid: 4
Martial (Shuriken): 2
Magic (Divination): 2
Diplomacy: 1

Click to reveal..
Name: Boregloaf Ghung
Race: Goblin
Alignment: Stoic

Strength: 6
Intelligence: 3
HP: 15/20
Stanima: 9/10

Martial (sword/dagger): 5
Streetwise: 2
Perception: 2
Bluff: 2
Intimidate: 3 (+1 racial bonus)
Nature: 1 (+1 racial bonus)

Dikiyoba scorns all your squishy magical characters. tongue

Click to reveal..
Alignment: Manipulative

Intelligence: 7
Max Health: 12 HP

Magic (Enchantment): 6
Bluff: 2
Intimidate: 2
Stealth: 3
Diplomacy: 3
Perception: 1

Spells:

Mind Read - Get an impression of the target's surface thoughts.
Compulsion - Compel a target to act in a specific way, lest their actions be penalized.
Mind Duel - Blast a target's mind with psychic energy.
Mnemonic - Remember some specific sensory experience.
Blank Slate - Temporarily daze or stun a target by blanking out their surface thoughts.
Mind Barrier - Shield targets from mental attacks.

I may be squishy but... yeah, I am squishy. I'm hiding behind you.

Excellent, excellent... all of the changes have been made on the roster page.

Now, there is one question remaining from this previous session. How would people like to handle the Q&A with the Oracle? We could simply conduct it in the thread, via PM, in a mini-session (which would only be like an hour long), or at the beginning of the next session (in two weeks).

I'm open to any of them, but would like to avoid the PM-only approach. This is intended to be fun for the entire group at once. smile

Originally Posted By: Gaunik-Da, master illusionist
Travel to the Plane of Dreams is simple enough. In fact, most creatures make the journey every night, though they do not know it.

Okay. Well, if people are up for it, here is a schedule for this week. Let's see if we can find a time that everyone can be there. Otherwise, we'll have to find another way.

Originally Posted By: Plaram, master pyromancer
"Yes, I've been to the Plane of Fire. Everything is either on fire or made of fire. Do you always ask stupid questions?"

We're doing this on the fly. laugh

Also, still waiting on one person to fill out the above calendar. You know who you are. But as it stands right now, it looks like all that is available is Thursday from 9-11 CST. That's all.

Originally Posted By: Chamulsep, Lord of Pain
"It has come to my attention that there is an army outside my citadel. I should prepare the vats, lest this engagement consume my evening."

Huzzah! It's at least semi-official: Thursday, February 4th, 9pm CST will feature the Selos crew taking their questions to Khashen, the Oracle of Selos. And he might even have some answers for them.

Originally Posted By: Yuthan, dwarven shipwright
"Whirlpools are a serious threat to our business. Of course, we'd all rather tangle with whirlpools than the things that make the whirlpools."

Correct, the Blood Marsh party goes again on Friday, February 5th, 5pm CST. Be there if you can, otherwise, please try to see if someone can sub.

Originally Posted By: Liomha, dragonborn weaponsmith
"No, sorry, I can't re-forge your sword this week. Yes, I'm sure it is the lost Blade of Phol-Phoram, I really do believe you. Just let me put it in the pile with the other lost Blades of Phol-Phoram, and I'll get it done once I do all the others."