AIMhack - Selos and Blood Marsh

Ephesos

I must construct addition evocation-lons!

Click to reveal..

Name: Kurex

Alignment: Magnificent Bastard

Race: Human

Deity: Imaunte

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 5

HP: 30/30 (+5)

Magic (Evocation): 10 (+2)

Martial (Sword): 2

Artifice: 2

Diplomacy: 2

Streetwise: 1

Stealth: 1

Perception: 1

Click to reveal.. (spells)

Light (evocation): Creates a small hovering orb of light, or causes an object to glow softly

Ice Spray (evocation): Shoots a cloud of sharp ice particles at a target. Somewhat better than Magic Missile.

Magic Missile (evocation): Fires a bolt of energy at the target

Stun (evocation): Fires a powerful energy pulse at the target, knocking them off balance and stunning them. No damage.

Burning Hand(evocation): Projects a sheet of flame from the casters hand. Relatively short range attack.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now in his second campaign, perhaps it's a good time to evaluate Temmyn's actions and outlook on life and update his alignment. (I hope I don't presume too much by doing that myself, but then the alignment is essentially flavour text.)

Quote:
Temmyn: "Does it strike anyone that we've spent the whole night running away from some ominous bad weather into a forest we have no idea how to get out of?"

Temmyn: "Okay, another catastrophe narrowly averted. Business as usual..."

Temmyn: "Shall we head back? I'm itching to see if we can fix the machine and find amazing new ways to almost die."

Temmyn is dubbed Sarcastic-Helpful.

Also, Detrimentum makes lockpicking much less useful, which means Temmyn will probably evolve more into the Healer/Caster type - with a focus on Divination though. INT++.

Quote:

Name: Temmyn C. Backus - Level 6

Alignment: Sarcastic-Helpful

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 7 (L5 +1, L6 +1)

Speed: 5

Health: */20 (L2 +2, L3 +2, L4 +2, L5 +2, L6 +2)

Stamina: */10

Perception: 2

Artifice: 4

Martial (Wrench): 3 (L2 +1)

Magic (Evocation): 3 (L3 +1)

Magic (Divination): 3 (L2 +1, L3 +1)

Magic (Conjuration): 1 (L4 +1)

Items:

- A magic replica of a hammer.

Spells:

- Lightning Bolt: A bolt of electricity.

- Heat ray: Project warmth in a general direction - not scorching, but ranging from warm to unpleasantly scalding.

- Identify: Divines the nature or purpose of an item (magical or not).

- Analyze Artifice: Examine mechanisms that are not in plain view by detecting their metal components.

- Detect Magic: Finds and sometimes recognizes nearby magical effects.

- Heal: Heals a moderate amount of damage.

Perks:

-Calm Under Pressure - +3 to all skill checks in combat

-Know Thine Enemy (Constructs) - +1 to attacks vs constructs

Cool Things:

- Artifice: Open most non-magical locks, and traps whose guts are in reach.

- Evocation: Evoke a small electric discharge

- Divination: Divine the presence of metal nearby

Fear: Insects.

Hey! Log of Blood Marsh 7 is now available!

Now, quotes!

Click to reveal.. (AAAAAAAAA*quotes*AAAAAAAAH)
  • Alexander: "I was just going to give you a bit of a scare. I wouldn't have let the zombies kill you. I think."
  • Temmyn: "Whew. Living people at last."
  • Kurex: "It's probably not a good idea to idly chat in a ghoul infested tomb."
  • Amadan: "If it comes to saving my life, though, you can violate my personal space anytime."
  • Esstra: "Don't talk to me right now. We need to discuss where hands go during combat LATER."

So yeah, that was awesome. Now, scheduling. The next Selos session will in fact be Friday April 23rd, 6pm CDT, because that's the time everyone can make. Please please please don't plan things over it now.

And Blood Marsh folks, you haven't been forgotten. Because that currently makes it a long while until the next session, let's see if maybe we can squeeze a second session in beforehand. To that end, SCHEDULE!

Wow. The Bloodmarsh party was rolling fumbles right and left! They really had terrible luck. I'm still laughing about that ill-targeted burning hands spell, though. smile That and Amadan's incredible fumbled arrow of bouncing doom were both epic fail.

Bah humbug on the wait before we can invade Sarden. Ah well, those assassins and bandits just get a brief reprieve before we unleash Nixak's boom squirrel and Vitze's bluffing on them. Of course, if Zarusa is on their side, there's no telling what will happen. smile

Originally Posted By: Rowen
Eph, I was at the Sanctuary looking around and noticed that you posted the session 7 log from Bloodmarsh under the Selos section.

Whoops, fail. Fixed, at any rate.

Originally Posted By: Tamia, Scholar of All
"It is widely believed that the god Imaunte was once a mortal like us, and that somehow he ascended into godhood. This raises important questions, the most obvious of which is what makes a god. Could I, or any other mortal, achieve that rank if we had a devout group of followers?"

My college schedule is still not set in stone. I'm waiting for my study group allotments, which will determine how early my day starts on Thursday and Friday, and how late I can stay up on Wednesday and Thursday.

What I know for sure:

- Monday and Tuesday nights are right out. My Tuesday starts at 0800, Wednesday at 0900.

- Friday and Saturday nights are definitely the best.

- Sunday works okay, but not too well.

Yet to determine:

- Wednesday and Thursday may be either impossible (next day at 0800), okay (1000) or perfect (afternoon, or no classes at all).

2010-04-19 0220 +0200, new info:

1. Wednesday and Thursday both will not be impossible (0800 is out), but may not be perfect.

2. One of Wednesday or Thursday is going to be perfect, the other is not (one class will be on 1000 either Thursday or Friday, leaving the other day to start at noon).

2010-04-20 1153 +0200, more info:

My schedule is now finalized. The good day turned out to be Wednesday; Thursday is less good.

So in summary:

Monday -> Hell no.

Tuesday -> Hell no.

Wednesday -> Great.

Thursday -> If I must.

Friday -> Awesome.

Saturday -> Awesome.

Sunday -> If I must.

REMINDERS!!!

Next Selos session: THIS FRIDAY, April 23rd, 6pm CST

Next Blood Marsh session: Friday April 30th, 6pm CST

Be there, as we hurtle towards the conclusions of these campaigns!

Originally Posted By: Vothella, lacewing dreamthief
"Trassak is not one to be trusted... some say he can dispel any magic with a thought. And when that fails, his blade usually suffices."

Yay Selos!

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
"Trassak is not one to be trusted... some say he can dispel any magic with a thought. And when that fails, his blade usually suffices."

Could it be??? An NPC who uses Abjuration? shocked Tell me more of this Trassak fellow! grin

Session #7 of Selos and the Oracle has been logged, and is available for your perusal here! Now, seeing as the party didn't really achieve its goals, there will sadly be no leveling up this time. However, there were plenty of quotes!

Click to reveal.. (Khashen saw these quotes coming...)
  • Shar: "Thought this would take until night."
  • Lanrezac: "Who's the rope pope in this party?"
  • Vitze: "We want to seem dangerous in general, but harmless to each specific person who we might, in reality, need to kill later. Is that clear?"
  • Nixak: "If we do get into a situation where we need cover stories then we will most likely be fighting some one anyway."
  • Kundak: "Well, we aren't here to start a slave revolt, so let's move forward."
  • Boregloaf: "Well, let's go walk into the obvious trap, shall we?"
  • Guard: "You're adventurers. We're not stupid. Now move."

And a reminder for the Blood Marsh crew: Next session is This upcoming Friday, April 30th, 6pm CDT! (Also, if you're in Blood Marsh and haven't leveled to 6, please do so)

Ding! A late ding, but a ding nonetheless!

Click to reveal.. (Levelling up)
Esstra Seaborne, the mainly-competent ex-priestess (Level 6)

Alignment: Somewhat naïve.

Race: Dwarf

Deity: Mariona

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 5

Max Health: 25 HP (+3)

Magic (Conjuration): 5

Magic (Enchantment): 2 (+1)

Religion: 3

Martial (Hammer): 5 (+1)

First Aid: 3

Artifice: 3

I'm going to be busy toward the end of this week and most of next week and probably not on here as much, so I hope to confirm this soon. Can I be pretty sure Selos will meet again the evening of Friday, May 7? Just want to make sure to plan to be available. Thanks.

May 7th works for me, but I'd like to check with everyone else. So, NEW SELOS CALENDAR!!!

Also, Esstra's level-up is noted on the roster. And in other character news, Boregloaf gained a new combat ability after the most recent Selos session:

Parrying Stance - Ready an action. The first time an opponent strikes you with a melee attack, you may roll an attack. If your roll beats the enemy's, their attack is nullified and you will damage them.

Lastly, Blood Marsh Players! Given that the party is likely to return to Mekos this Friday, if you have any mundane shopping you would like to take care of, please either post it here or PM me so we can deal with it before the session. Thus we can speed things up. Of course, if you'd like to speak with NPCs like Elisa or Mikail, that'll require a scene. Also, I would like to know who picked up Marto's loot, just for my own knowledge.

So yeah. I think that's all for now. Thoughts, questions, or quote requests are all welcome.

Originally Posted By: General Tyal, Commander of the Allied Troops of Laessos
"And so we consecrate this ground in Loshkut's name, forever sealing the darkness away. It is our dearest hope that one day, our descendants may tread this ground without fear, and that in a distant age this will all be but a memory."

Thank you everyone for the incredibly timely responses! The next session of Selos and the Oracle will in fact be Friday May 7th, 6pm CDT!

Originally Posted By: Gaunik-da, master illusionist
"When a mortal passes on, echoes of their existence can persist in the Plane of Dreams. But like all fine enchantments, the merest disturbance can destroy them."

Around 0400 today, both of my hard drives failed and were not mountable on reboot.

I am hoping that it is only a temporary problem caused by temperature (the computer was running continuously for a record time of nearly 20 days) and I can bring the computer back up tonight.

If I can't, then not being able to join the next Blood Marsh session is only one of the many ways my life is going to suck for the forseeable future. -_-

Edit: I am now /home-less. Magic smoke erupted. frown

Fortunately everything I need immediately was backed up yesterday. Much of the stuff I would miss terribly was last backed up in January. A lot of what I haven't backed up in the intervening time is little notes, music, ebooks, code I was working on. I'd lose enough personal data to make it worth sending to a lab eventually.

Fortunately, I'm on my way to the electronics store to pick up a replacement drive.

=> If nothing else goes wrong, I will be able to join you after all.

Edit: Miracle upon miracles. My /home is fine. It was the backup drive that got blown up. I replaced it and have made new backups.

My new theory on what is going to happen in the Bloodmarsh:

Click to reveal..
Originally Posted By: Lerasti, the historian
"The first of Chamulsep's lieutenants was a fiendish artificer, who wrought horrible creations of flesh and metal. His machines were responsible for unspeakable atrocities, and formed the base of the Lord of Pain's power."

I don't suppose this fellow, the only one of Chamulsep's minions whose end isn't mentioned in Eph's series of blurbs on the subject, might be living in the Bloodmarsh? And that his name might be Yunelias? And the Bloodmarsh party might be meeting him soon?

confused

Originally Posted By: Triumph

Click to reveal..
"The first of Chamulsep's lieutenants was a fiendish artificer, who wrought horrible creations of flesh and metal. His machines were responsible for unspeakable atrocities, and formed the base of the Lord of Pain's power."

I don't suppose this fellow, the only one of Chamulsep's minions whose end isn't mentioned in Eph's series of blurbs on the subject, might be living in the Bloodmarsh? And that his name might be Yunelias? And the Bloodmarsh party might be meeting him soon?

confused

New theory? This was discussed like two sessions ago.

Click to reveal..

confused

Click to reveal.. (Blood Marsh Theorizing)
I think that's almost the case. Remember, the cultists keep saying that Yunelias will "have form". Furthermore, the events of Chamulsep's reign took place so long ago that time-keeping and language has changed since, so the odds of him having lived multiple centuries, from what I can tell, is nil. So I've got three guesses here, arranged by likeliness:

1) Yunelias is the Artificer, and these cultists are trying to restore him to a new body.

2) Yunelias is the first/last/nickname of Chamulsep, and these cultists are trying to restore him to a new body.

3) Yunelias is some outside spirit/force/demon that gave the Artificer/Chamulsep power, and the cultists are trying to summon him and give him form to gain power/DESTROY MOTE/find their keys/some other reason.

3's a longshot, but I wouldn't count it out.

Well, yes it is. But don't worry, the traffic gods love to smack me around, so I'll probably be running late myself.

Also, fair warning, I will be typing slowly tonight, as I didn't get enough of my prepared material converted to easily copy-pasted text.

Originally Posted By: Lars, dwarven adventurer
"Who's been going around talking about my 'last words'? I've got a bone to pick... several, actually."

...well, you're in luck, because here is the log of session 8 of The Blood Marsh! In this session, we had a whopping 26 rolls, compared to the 200+ we had in session 7. tongue

The party won't be leveling up, but two new perks were earned. First, Sawbones has earned this:

Surgical Precision: You score critical hits on rolls of 19 and 20.

Second, Alexander has well and truly earned this one:

Paranoid: You gain a +3 bonus to Perception rolls outside of combat.

The Selos party can also expect to get its full complement of perks before next Friday. But I'm getting ahead of myself... quotes!

Click to reveal.. (Let's do the quote-warp again...)
  • Amadan: "We rescued them, remember? The only difference between them and your normal friends is that you haven't ever set fire to them."
  • Elisa: "That seems like an oddly-specific question."
  • Kurex: "I would expect you would be glad that I practiced my aim with fire."
  • Esstra: "Is it too late to shoot first?"
  • Alexander: "I solemnly swear not to sink this island."
  • Tabazinth: "I don't know! But, you're adventurers! This is what you do, right?"

And with that, HERE is the calendar for the FINAL Blood Marsh session. Be there! ...no really, everyone should be there.

Ooh, two very nice/fitting perks!

And an intriguing penultimate session for Bloodmarsh. Now I'm pondering where the portal could have taken them...

It took us back in time to the Bloodmarsh when it was the headquarters of Chamulsep's lieutenants, didn't it?

I'm so sorry I missed it! My monitor blacked out and I'm still not sure if it was a problem with the monitor or with the computer. Plus, the internet was out, so I couldn't get on with my iPod to warn you guys that I couldn't make it... the whole thing sucked. frown

Edit: Hopefully it's a problem with the monitor and I can just get a new one. Otherwise, this might take a while. frown

I cannot emphasize this enough: ALL Blood Marsh players should fill THIS out. If it is at all humanly possible, the ENTIRE party should be there. Please, this last session should be as epic as humanly possible.

(The current leading candidate for the FINAL EPIC BLOOD MARSH BEATDOWN OF AWESOMENESS is Thursday May 13th, and I would very much like it if that one were possible. It's the best one on my end, though currently Monday the 10th is also looking like it'd be workable.)

Originally Posted By: Yuthan, dwarven shipwright
"There are some who feel that the best way to make shipping safe is to make sure that the boats carry adequate defenses, usually in the form of guards. Well, the horrors of the deep aren't terribly afraid of ballistae and pikestaffs. The best way to stay safe is to move as quickly as possible, and my designs reflect this."

...now, what I meant was this: Would you please click this link and fill out the calendar? I'm still missing half of the party's responses.

In other news, Selos's penultimate session is still set for this Friday.

Originally Posted By: Keoshor, Sorceress of the Fates
"El-Kahani was truly one of our world's greatest spellweavers. What a shame that his many trinkets have outlived the true treasure, that of his research. But something of his genius might still be recovered from those artifacts, were they to fall into the proper hands."

Oh hey. I heard the Selos party likes perks. So I put some perks in their perks so they can... yeah, forget it:

Nixak, who knowingly stared into the eyes and the very mind of something that was more than a beast, gains...

Tenacity of Korossos: Once per day, you may regain HP equal to half of your max, rounded up.

Lanrezac, who has made his mark this campaign by being a truly reliable source of knowledge, earns...

Words of Wisdom: Once per day, you may grant one ally a bonus on a roll equal to your History skill. You must supply your own inspiring phrase for this perk to work properly.

Now, back to preparing for Friday. Oh! Almost forgot, the quotes page has been updated and expanded to cover all three current Mote campaigns. At least, all the ones currently generating quotes. Creating canon is fun!

"Silence! Do not speak that name, or you bring death upon us all!"

Lanrezac, who has made his mark this campaign by being a truly reliable source of knowledge, earns...

LOL! Source of knowledge? With...one successful history check? Heehee...

Words of Wisdom: Once per day, you may grant one ally a bonus on a roll equal to your History skill. You must supply your own inspiring phrase for this perk to work properly.

Oh noes! You mean I actually have to roleplay to use this perk??? shocked

Cool! smile It's actually really appropriate, given Lanrezac's general role as a sort of support character. I like it. From a mechanical point of view, does this just offer a bonus on another character's next role, whatever they do, or do I have specify "Nixak's next Diplomacy role" or something like that? To use do I just say something like "'blah blah blah' (Words of Wisdom bonus to so and so)"? Also, does belittling Vitze's plans qualify as an inspiring phrase? wink

This gets me a little worried, because my upcoming character has a similar ability, but as a spell. I'm guessing that 'Inspiring Tale' should have a small, constant bonus to keep it less powerful than a once-per-day perk (or something wackier, like bards can use Magic(Enchantment) instead of the relevant skill when aiding another).

It feels really weird worrying that a bard might be overpowered.