Stanima: 9/10

Martial (sword/dagger): 7

Streetwise: 3

Perception: 2

Bluff: 2

Intimidate: 3 (+1 racial bonus)

Nature: 2 (+1 racial bonus)

Inventory

-Osherl's longsword (small attack bonus that improves if fire is involved)

-broadsword

-breastplate

-helmet

-defensive belt (can be activated once a day to reduce an attack by five points of damage)

-coins

-dragon claw

-two healing potions

-one poisoned dagger

-bow and 7 arrows

-50-foot rope

Perks

Zealous: Once per in-game day, get a +5 bonus to any one roll BY YELLING REALLY LOUD

Spinning blade: Attack multiple adjacent enemies in a single round, taking a -1 penalty to defense for every additional target

Dikiyoba thinks Ephesos should double-check the inventory section to make sure everything is present and correct.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Also, yay leveling!
Indeed!!!

Click to reveal..
Lanrezac, the historian (Level 6)

Alignment: A Bit Eccentric
Race: Lacewing
Deity: Sliros

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 5
Max Health: 25 HP

Magic (Abjuration): 6
Martial (Staves): 5
History: 4
Perception: 1
Thievery: 1
Diplomacy: 2

Spells:
Quartz Aegis - Create a personal shield against magic and physical attacks.
Locking Spell - Create an invisible and impermeable barrier around the target.
Mystic Trumpet - Raises an alarm if unauthorized creatures enter a warded area.
Zorlock’s Bridge Repair: Create a solid magical barrier in the horizontal plane.
Zummi’s Lesser Scramble: interfere with target’s spell-casting, causing the spell to go off randomly.

For Ephesos' consideration to insure it's correct:

Inventory:

Armor:
Gauntlets
Chain mail vest

Weapon: Staff

Stuff:
A couple of small history books
Various stray sheets of parchment and writing utensils
Flint and steel
4 healing elixir
2 stamina elixir
Maps
24 gold coins
56 Silver coins
Food and water
3 canopy drake scales

Also claims ownership of one dented helmet found a canopy drake nest, though the yet-to-be identified helmet is actually held by Kundak at moment.

Nixak had a very fun night. After staring into the depths of the mind of a superior being that was a canopy drake he was the translator for the party with the humans that live in the jungle as they bartered for goods.

Click to reveal..
[GM]Ephesos"...I swear get back or I'll call the shaman!"

Nixak "Its okay, we are friend of Khielik." I touch the amulet around my neck.

[GM]Ephesos"...oh thank Korossos."

Nixak "We just came from slaying the beast Korossos sent to the jungle. Khielik was a most brave warrior in that fight. "

[GM]Ephesos"It is dead? Wonderful!"

"But why are you here now?"

Nixak "We were invited here to rest after the helping in the fight. We are travailing to a near by city."

"Everyone you see with me is friendly and also helped in the slaying of the beast."

"I believe some of them with to trade goods with you if you are willing."

[GM]Ephesos "Well, yes. But I don't take coins."

Nixak "Sorry, he is still on edge after the fight."

[GM]Ephesos "Okay."

Nixak "Is it okay if they look around for something they might be able to trade you for?"

[GM]Ephesos "Yes, yes that would be fine. Just don't break anything."

Nixak "Do you have anything to cover the bald elf's head?"

[GM]Ephesos She gestures at the helmets.

Nixak "Do any of your staves have any special properties about them?"

[GM]Ephesos "I do not know. None that I know of."

"I did not make them, and the man who did said nothing of magic."

Nixak "What would you like to trade the elf for that?"

[GM]Ephesos "I do not know what he has."

"Those are what she has to trade with."

[GM]Ephesos "Hm."

Nixak "Do you know what that is?"

[GM]Ephesos She sounds insulted.

"We may live away from your cities, but we are not stupid."

Nixak "I am sorry, I meant no disrespect. I only wondered if you had heard someone play one before."

[GM]Ephesos "We have similar instruments."

Nixak "The elf can play very well and can play for you if you would like.

[GM]Ephesos "That would be good. I'd like to make sure it's in working condition."

"Yes, that will be fine."

Nixak "She says that it is a one of a kind guitar and has no equal on the island but will trade it for the helmet and two healing potions if you have them."

8:40 PM

[GM]Ephesos "The helmet is fine lizardskin, my brother worked it for a week to keep it supple."

Nixak "The lacewing wishes to know what is in the bottles."

[GM]Ephesos "Wine, potions brewed by Khielik... I think one contains mustard."

Nixak "The elf is willing to teach you how to play also if you wish."

[GM]Ephesos "Tell them they can just offer items and point to what they want."

"Hm. The guitar, for the helmet and one healing potion. She can teach me later this evening."

Nixak "The elf asks if you could toss in bottle of wine also?"

[GM]Ephesos "Hm... fine. There will always be more wine."

Nixak "That elf, sometimes I wonder what goes on in her head."

[GM]Ephesos "Clearly it was enough to remove her hair."

Nixak "The Elf wishes to trade that knife that she used to fight the beast for those sandals."

[GM]Ephesos "One knife? She insults my brother."

Nixak "The goblins what the robe and to healing potions, she says you can pick out what you find to be fair from her goods if there are any."

wants the rope and two*

[GM]Ephesos "Nice trade."

"Yes, it was clear they have not been used. Fine condition."

Nixak "I have nothing to trade but I am willing to teach you a trick of the mind to bring some of your happiest thoughts to the front of your mind anytime you wish for all you have done for my friends."

[GM]Ephesos "Certainly."

Nixak That was the thank you motion.

"The elf asks what you would like to trade her for that staff there."

[GM]Ephesos "The bow, the arrows, and the robes."

"And I'll throw in the sandals."

Nixak I pull out my silver scepter, “could I trade you this for that staff and the sandals? I would like to present them as a gift to the elf."

[GM]Ephesos "She seems to want to add the knives. And I'm okay with that."

"And that... that is too valuable. I could not take that from you."

"It would not sit well with my conscience."

Nixak "I understand."

[GM]Ephesos "Bow, arrows and the robes."

"Fine, if she won't give the knives, that's fine."

Nixak "What time would you like the elf and I to come by tonight to teach you?"

[GM]Ephesos "Moonrise would be fine."

Nixak "We will be her at moonrise. Thank you for dealing fair with us."

[GM]Ephesos "You are welcome. May the gods smile on you."

And Level up:

Click to reveal..
Nixak, the mind-mage (Level 6)

Alignment: Manipulative

Race: Human

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 7

Max Health: 18 HP

Magic (Enchantment): 11

Bluff: 2

Intimidate: 2

Stealth: 3

Diplomacy: 4

Perception: 1

Spells:

Mind Read - Get an impression of the target's surface thoughts.

Compulsion - Compel a target to act in a specific way, lest their actions be penalized.

Mind Duel - Blast a target's mind with psychic energy.

Mnemonic - Remember some specific sensory experience.

Blank Slate - Temporarily daze or stun a target by blanking out their surface thoughts.

Mind Barrier - Shield targets from mental attacks.

Blind Fury: Target's mind goes into an all consuming rage for a few turns. Target gets a bonus to all attacks for the duration of the spell but cannot distinguish friend from foe and may attack allies.

Dumping points into Enchantment is nice after I saw what it could do in the fight tonight

Woohoo, level!

Click to reveal..
Vitze

Elf

2/3/5, 20HP (+2)

20/20 HP, 8/10 Stamina

Bluff: 4

Streetwise: 3

Magic (Illusions): 5

Magic (Transmutation): 10 (+2)

Religion: 1

Martial (Throwing Knives): 1

Looking back, I realized that I missed a lot of details while I was playing. From now on, I'll be sure to be well-rested when sessions start.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Yeah, this was a session I regretted not subbing for.

Then again, I probably would have done something stupid like split up or some such.

You regretted NOT subbing? Huh. I guess that means the session was pretty fun to watch as well as to play. Well, I'm sure Kundak would have been more lively if you'd been playing him toward the end (as opposed to uncharacteristically hiding behind a rock! LOL). smile

Yeah, it seems that rule number 1 of AIMHack is "Do not wander off alone." smile

Notes on people's character sheets:

• I did not recall Boregloaf having armor, but it is now noted. Breastplate is +2 defense, helmet is +1. Boregloaf is now a super-tank.
  • I also did not remember Lanrezac having gauntlets, but that's fine (they're even mentioned in a spell), so there you go. +1 defense.
  • Lanrezac still has Halith's amulet, and also still has the (broken) compass.
  • Nixak's spells are finally correct on the roster page. Also... that guy needs armor.
  • Vitze and Nixak both have one of Vance's blinding bombs... might want to remember that.

And everyone's updates have been made on the roster page.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Better would be "Don't wander off to chat with high-level NPC's who might want to kill you"

...unless it's related to the plot and your backstory. In which case you're pretty much out of luck.

Originally Posted By: Keoshor, Sorceress of the Fates
"Plaram regrettably exhibits most of the traits that are despised in humankind, chief among them pride and arrogance. Were it not for the fact that he is incredibly talented, he would have been killed before he was grown."

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
And everyone's updates have been made on the roster page.

Minor addition: you left off one of Lanrezac's current spells:

Zorlock’s Bridge Repair - Create a solid magical barrier in the horizontal plane.

I've used it a couple times now, but never as a bridge, oddly enough. However, I was rather pleased with the way it actually worked at temporarily trapping the canopy drake at ground level. smile Of course, rolling a 20 on that spell probably helped...

Originally Posted By: The Goonie
Not quite.

*headdesk*... fixed now.

And also, I finally have the LOG of Friday's action up.

Click to reveal.. (OMGQUOTEBBQ)
  • Boregloaf: "Doesn't this thing fly? What tracks are you looking for?"
  • Lanrezac: "That why I never win at charades."
  • Nixak: "Its okay guys, she is not going to any of you know."
  • Vitze: "I don't suppose she's got a sister who wants a harmonica, does she?"

The Blood Marsh calendar is already filled out, and I'm just debating if I can be ready by Tuesday, the first open day. Probably not... more at 11.

I did not recall Boregloaf having armor, but it is now noted. Breastplate is +2 defense, helmet is +1. Boregloaf is now a super-tank.

That armor was listed on Boregloaf's original character sheet. She's had it on for every fight (except for the underwater sponge fight, where I deliberately mentioned taking it off) and it hasn't counted?

Although Dikiyoba supposes that Dikiyoba has no one to blame for that except Dikiyoba's self Zarusa.

Honestly, armor bonuses have only really come into play more recently as I've started to solidify how I do Defense. When I wasn't being all fluid-like with numbers ('cause I do that), most of the time people got a defense bonus equal to half their level. But now I've decided that that's dumb.

...long story short, don't worry about it. And fair warning to everyone, armor is good.

Originally Posted By: Kura, beastlord
"The spirits of wild beasts usually outshine your average townsperson's. So goes nature."

See, reminds me of the strangest 'sentence' ever:

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Google it if you dare. Also, perks, I promise.

Originally Posted By: Plaram, master pyromancer
"If my colleagues would simply take the time to get to know me, then maybe I wouldn't light them on fire."

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Minor comment on the subject of corrections on the website: Ephesos, on your homepage, the top headline is for Selos session 7. But the previous session of Selos was the fifth. And on the Mote page with the session logs, the file is identified as session 6. Thus I think there's a minor error on the main page. It's not a big deal, but when I went to the page and saw the discrepancy it was a trifle disconcerting. FWIW.

Hey Blood Marsh types: Next session is Sunday, April 11th, 5pm CDT!

Triumph: ...whoops. Yeah, the last one was in fact session 6. That has been fixed. Dunno what you mean about it being the fifth, though.

Dintiradan, two things. First, ow. Second, that was amazing. Third, ow.

And, Vitze gets a perk! Based on her recent performance in Quera, and in the village, she has earned the perk Conviction:

-You may be right, you may be in the wrong, but either way, you're sticking with it.

-You gain a +2 bonus to both Diplomacy and Bluff.

Originally Posted By: Tamia, Scholar of All
"The Hachel tribe of Selos intrigues me. Their society is so complex and internally advanced, yet they shun contact in the extreme, and they are largely feared and misunderstood. Were they to open diplomatic ties with the other settlements of the island, perhaps they would not be so poorly-regarded by the civilized world."

Hey Blood Marsh types: Next session is Sunday, April 4th, 5pm CDT!

On a related note, if anyone wants to borrow my time machine, they're more than welcome. The password is 'fluffycat12', and I'll have it reprogrammed so you can't accidentally send yourself to the prehistoric (trust me, not a pleasant experience).

Triumph: ...whoops. Yeah, the last one was in fact session 6. That has been fixed. Dunno what you mean about it being the fifth, though.

Sorry, what I was trying to say was that the most recent session was #6, and the session before the most recent session was fifth. But you understood, so it worked out anyway. smile

And, Vitze gets a perk! Based on her recent performance in Quera, and in the village, she has earned the perk Conviction:
-You may be right, you may be in the wrong, but either way, you're sticking with it.
-You gain a +2 bonus to both Diplomacy and Bluff.

Dude, that's a powerful perk - that's worth two levels of skill points! I confess it's rather scary, though. I mean, do you really want to make it that much easier for Vitze to convince everyone we meet that Zarusa is out to get them? * shudders * tongue

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Dude, that's a powerful perk - that's worth two levels of skill points! I confess it's rather scary, though. I mean, do you really want to make it that much easier for Vitze to convince everyone we meet that Zarusa is out to get them? * shudders * tongue

See, it's your head in the sand attitude that makes this perk necessary. Zarusa is out to get you. tongue

Originally Posted By: Sarachim
See, it's your head in the sand attitude that makes this perk necessary. Zarusa is out to get you. tongue

LOL!!!!!!!!! laugh Yes, I suppose it's a pity the rest of us are plagued by such a lack of vision. I look forward to future bluff checks by Vitze against the party trying to "enlighten" us. rolleyes

Eugh. The earlier time pretty much guarantees that I'm going to miss at least the first three hours - I was originally going to just say I'd be late, but now the time has come forward an hour, I'll be missing too much and'll probably have to miss the entire session. frown

Update time, everyone. Some of you already know this about me, but during the past three summers I've worked as a camp counselor. When I'm at that job, I more or less disappear off the face of the earth for six weeks, so DM-ing is out of the question. Thanks to the wonderfully kind people at my internship, I'm able to work another summer of camp this year. However, this means that I'm going to be gone for six weeks starting in the second week of June.

That may seem like a long time away (and it is), but realistically it means that we have 3-4 sessions left in each of the current campaigns. What does this mean for you, the players?

• Each story will be picking up rather a lot, very soon.
  • Expect plenty of epicness, both from your fellow party members and the local NPCs.
  • The main action of each campaign will be concluding within the next few sessions.
  • Just because the adventure ends doesn't mean that your characters will ride off into the sunset (unless you want them to). With the relative success of this system, it's a possibility that we could see higher-level campaigns in the future.
  • When the campaigns end, I'll be asking a lot of questions. There will probably be a huge, poorly-managed poll.

To that end, HERE is the calendar for the next Selos session. Fill it out ASAP, if you'd be so kind. Also, I do appreciate it when people who want to sub fill out the calendar. Just FYI.

Originally Posted By: Yuthan, dwarven shipwright
"Failsafes are important, because it is difficult to find out what happened when a ship disappears. Some traders are wealthy enough to install scrying devices on their ships, but I prefer the honest simplicity of pigeons."

Ooh. Sounds like some pretty cool stuff! I'm especially wondering how we'll get more epic than exploring chaotic and burning Quera or fighting the acid dragon canopy drake. It'll have to be pretty cool - just like this: cool.

Hmm, my main goal for the rest of the campaign: to make at least one useful History check. rolleyes

I wonder if Lanrezac will be able to get a perk or an epic level spell before the end? whistle

I'm not sure about this. How would a Zarusa-trusting perk work? tongue

Perk:Implicit trust- Zarusa believes you a honest and straightforward individual, and trust you to run the group in her stead, letting down her guard slightly. As a result, she only rolls 20's on Listen checks half the time, and 19's the other half.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
I wonder if Lanrezac will be able to get a perk or an epic level spell before the end? whistle

I'm not sure about this. How would a Zarusa-trusting perk work? tongue

Hahahaha!!! I like it. I hereby nominate Vitze for a "Witty" perk. It would give Vitze a further bonus to Diplomacy checks; Sarachim deserves it.

Edit: I think, Dantius, the idea is I trust Zarusa, not that Zarusa trusts me (which what your perk description seems to indicate). Sarachim's perk might involve my automaticlly failing all bluff checks against anything Zarusa says. We've already seen what that's like with Vitze and Khielek. laugh

Ah, crap, forgot about something. I'm headed off to go see Taming of the Shrew at the Shakespeare theater. It starts at 2, so there's a slim chance I might be able to show up for the end of the session. But as for the rest, I'll need a sub. Sorry for the late warning, but I just realized the conflict now.

First, yay on Temmyn's appearance! I actually had guessed it five minutes after the last session ended, but still, it was nice to see someone from Labyrinth making a reappearance. Plus, I no longer have the lowest Max HP in the party. tongue

Second, level up! My points are going into bows... I'm not trusting the RNG anymore. I want to land a hit on as low a roll as possible.

Click to reveal.. (Amadan Rayton)
AMADAN RAYTON
Click to reveal.. (Bio)

Alignment: Kind Pragmatic

Homeland: Ona

Deity: Liea, Goddess of Fire and Stone

Attributes

Level - 6

Strength - 3

Dexterity - 6

Intelligence - 4

HP - 20/21 (+3)

Speed - 5

Stamina - 4/10

Skills

Martial (Bows): 7 (+2)

Magic (Transmutation): 4

Crafting (Alchemy): 2

Stealth: 2

Nature: 2

Perception: 2

Artifice: 1

Traits

Negative Animal Attraction (Weakness) - For whatever reason, Amadan tends to attract animals, and animals around him tend to go hostile.

Free Fire Arrows (Ability) - Amadan gets 2 free casts of the Fire Arrow spell each day.

Liea's Blessing (Perk) - Amadan, who has somewhat inadvertently forged a deeper connection with Liea, receives Liea's Blessing, giving him a +1 bonus to all attack rolls involving fire, as well as a small damage bonus for the same.

Click to reveal.. (Inventory)
Items

Ricochet Bow (arrows ricochet back toward target on miss)

Quiver

Wooden Arrows (x13)

Steel Arrows (x7)

Leather Armor

Satchel

Empty Vials (x1)

Small Knife

Mortar and Pestle

Healing Potion (x4)

Stamina Potion

Steelskin Tonic

Energy Booster Potion

Water Flasks (x7)

Preserved Food (x9)

Javelins (x3)

Vials of Walker Juice (x2)

Torch

Click to reveal.. (Spellbook)
Spellbook (New) (Active)

Fire Arrow (1S) - Wreathes an arrow in flame. 2 free casts/day.

Loft - Makes an object lighter.

Repair - Repairs an object, assuming one has all the pieces.

Detrimentum - Disrupts the molecular structure of a target, damaging it.

Spinneret Arrow (?S) - Transforms an arrow into a mass of sticky webbing on impact, entangling and bogging down the target.

CryoArrow (2S) - Turns an arrowhead into an icy explosive.

Cleanse - Cleanses a targeted object of filth and impurities.

Comestible Succor - Makes a targeted object edible

Explosive Arrow (1S) - Renders an arrow volatile, causing it to explode on impact. The more stamina, the bigger the blast.

Indeed, yay Temmyn! The log of that session will be going up... gah, when I get to it.

Also, FYI, the next date that everyone in Selos can make it is April 23rd, and if possible I'd like to make it sooner than that. What are the party's thoughts?

(I will process all leveling on the roster once the whole party has done so... but yes, Blood Marsh party should level up and post here.)

Originally Posted By: Lerasti, historian
"An even greater concern than the fallen Alliance soldiers was what to do with the remnants of Chamulsep's forces. The vast majority were simply slain, but soon the Alliance set up complexes to process them. Those who served unwillingly were usually set free, and some were even given trials, though the fairness of these was debatable."

The 23rd certainly works, and certainly I'd like to have it sooner...but my schedule hasn't changed at all, so the dates sooner than the 23rd that I can do are still Thurs. 3/15, Fri. 3/16, Sat. 3/17, and Thurs. 3/22. smile I look forward to our upcoming invasion of Sarden, whenever D-Day occurs. cool

It's time to put an end to this procrastination! tongue

Click to reveal..

Alignment: Paranoid

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 4

Max Health: 25 HP

Magic (Divination): 3

Magic (Necromancy): 5

Martial (Sword): 5

Martial (Bow): 1

Perception: 3

Stealth: 2

Intimidate: 2

Spells:

* Detect Undead - Divine the presence of nearby undead.

* Feign Death - Puts caster into a catatonic death-like state.

* Hold Undead - Attempt to bind an undead foe.

* Contagion - Afflict the target with a disease, penalizing their actions.

* Repel Spirit - Turn away undead with negative energy.