The World - An Online IMRP

Balladeer

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Phanes
I continue to love my titles. tongue

Also, as far as fleeing Earth goes, I think trouble will arise should I try to bring the pawhoof anywhere that hasn't got Creation in it.

i think outside of earth has more creation than inside,
of corse leaving earth might be hard.
i pick sonnet as my new skill

Edit: nevermind i just read about the rainbow.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Tullegolar
Sorry it's been a while but I think it's finally time for Session 4. I've been quite busy but given how my area is getting annihilated by snow I'll probably be available a lot soon enough. Please fill in the schedule here and I'll pick a day by Friday. Can't wait to see what happens next.

-Emperor Tullegolar

Okay, since these sessions pretty consistently violate the boundaries of good taste (as defined by the Code of Conduct), all links to the logs have been flagged and anyone linking to the logs in the future needs to make sure that they are flagged as having inappropriate content so that no one can accidentally stumble onto them without knowing what they are getting into. Thanks.

Dikiyoba.

As a heads-up, don't shoot the messenger here.

The CoC defines the boundaries of good taste? I'd say good luck arguing that, but I feel like people have already proven smart enough to make the decision on their own and will still make the same decisions regardless of warnings. I mean, this isn't the first session you've been to, Diki, you should have known by now what they contained. Was there a part that sent you over the edge in particular? Because I'd be interested to know just where those boundaries are. Or just in a bad mood today?

I know I am. Session was cut short because of lag. I'm pretty sore about it, actually. Hopefully we can schedule another for sometime soon.

-Emperor Tullegolar

P.S. I would prefer if the warning said "Contains some mature content." The content is actually quite appropriate for all those involved and it didn't veer anywhere, it was like that from the start.

I'm going to pre-emptively lock this topic. Between the content pushing the line on "family friendly" and now the resurrection of the (previously endless) arguments from ET, let's put this on pause for a moment.

Please hold off on posting about this RP in other topics until the matter is settled. This includes any other proxy posts from ET. Thank you.

After reviewing the content, I have decided that some of it is over the line. Now, we are more than happy to have RPs here; it is fun for the community. However, the spirit of fun must be balanced with the fact that this is a place of business and there are boundaries on appropriateness. Jeff himself has set a clear standard, if a reasonable parent of a young teen may find it objectionable, it is, most likely, over the line. Of course, there are gray areas and that is why we have mods to help interpret the rules. Us mods have discussed and are in agreement that this content is over the line.

I will also say that with regards to ET running this game, that is fine. I realize that there have always been prior wrongs on both sides; however, I am not interested in bringing up the past and continuing old feuds. Of course, this goes both ways. I am also not interested in the same old "push the boundaries of what is acceptable" approach of the past. Whether this was done knowingly or innocently, we are getting dangerously close to that again, and I would ask, politely but firmly, that this please stop.

To clarify this again, I am also not interested in moderating offsite content. However, we do retain the right to monitor links to offsite content and to decide what we will and will not officially sanction.

Therefore, I'm going to give ET with the agreement of his players, three options:

1) Start the RP over. Remake the inappropriate content with stuff that is. If there are questions, please consult the mods with specific questions. They can clarify what is and is not appropriate.

2) Take the RP as is to another site. One of the satellite boards may be willing to host it. That, however, is their prerogative.

3) Cancel the RP altogether.

In either case, this topic remains locked. You guys may discuss this matter privately and decide where you want to go from here. I hope you all understand and we can all get along.

Hey party,

Okay, first off, contrary to the above message, Stareye told me that we do not, in fact, need to start all over. Your characters and the game so far will remain intact. I will post a schedule for the next session soon, when I know my own schedule a bit better. Thank you all for your support, I'll do my best to repay it.

-Emperor Tullegolar

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it's about time for another session. I'm not available for as many large chunks of evening as I'd like to be, but here is the new calendar. If everyone fills it out by, say, Monday, a date will be chosen then so you can mark your calendars for it nice and early. You don't want to miss the next session, the party is about to meet their first Realmlord. In case you haven't figured out the deal with Realmlords through the in-game context, read up on them here!

-Emperor Tullegolar

Reminder that the game is tomorrow, at the usual 7:00 PM Eastern Time.

I decided not to update the character sheets since the last session was cut short and there was no leveling. If you are unsure about your inventory, just ask during the game, as I always have up to date inventory even if it's not on the site.

I added some sections to the Lore Page on the game's website. As usual, it's really just more detailed information on stuff learned during actual sessions. In case you haven't noticed, a primary dynamic of this game is the way you learn about the World by playing, as opposed to being given all the lore from the start. I added sections on Military and Industry on Earth, and will probably add a religion section soon as well, so check back every so often for more pictures and information. Enjoy!

-Emperor Tullegolar

Great session the other day, not so much violence, but at least you got some seemingly useful information from some very important people. Hope you enjoyed meeting the Realmlords of Dream City. I posted Session 4, and I'll post Session 5 when I've updated the character sheets. As far as leveling and titles are concerned, I'll just cram the two together and give out those things now. Just about everyone leveled. People who are level 5 have unlocked a new tier of abilities and get to choose one of those.

Svvtck the Samurai (Level 5): Virtue (a righteous aura to protect those around you from damage), Haiku (weaken your enemies with careful verse), Kitsune (summon a fox spirit to help you and fight at your side)
Spaki the Necromancer (Level 5): Slime Mold (a slime mold which can attack with poison or be eaten for health), Raise Skeleton (summon an undead minion from the ground, no corpse necessary), Maggots (infest your foes with maggots)

People who are level 4 don't get to choose a new ability, but instead get an upgrade of their starting ability.

Antonius the Magician (Level 4): Ice Bolt (you continue to master the forces of magic, and can now summon a bolt of ice to freeze or damage your opponents)
Sharrath the Sorcerer (Level 4): Integrate (harness the power of destruction to crush two or more things together with great force)
Laban the Stratagist (Level 4): Guerrilla Warfare (you receive bonuses for ranged attacks or particularly dirty moves)

Those below level 4 get to choose an ability from their first tier.

Schaackss the Alchemist (Level 3): Armor Potion (makes a protection potion out of almost anything), Spirit Potion (created a powerful random potion out of almost anything)
Pen Artifex the Artist (Level 3): Sculpt Rapier (use your abilities to sculpt common dirt into a fine weapon to use against your foes), Rain Dance (weaken your foes with a fearsome bird jig)
Yoth the Shaman (Level 2): Dreaming Heal (make reality as harmless as a dream as wounds fade from you or an ally), Magic Dart (manifest a harmful physical projectile with nothing more than concentration), Peace Pipe (bust out that piece and make some peace, forcing a lull in any fight)

The Guild Master is glad to hear you are all doing well enough in the Dream City. He wishes you luck and grants you new titles:

Outer Order Apprentice, 2nd Class Guildling, Master Svvtck the Ingenius
Outer Order Apprentice, Darklord Spaki Njordvald the Ingenius of the Nega
Initiate of the Casting Circle, 2nd Class Guilding, Darklord Antonius the Bland Bland of the Nega
Lord Laban Lugubre the Lucky
Lord Yoth the Bland

If your titles sound bad, don't worry, they get better. And even a bad title is better than none at all. Your neighbor would probably be jealous, oh wait, she'd dead. Ah well, it seems you guys might have some friends in high places soon enough. I'll post the last session, new character sheets, and a schedule for session 6 probably by the end of the week. If you have any questions, just ask!

-Emperor Tullegolar

Okay I've posted Session 5, so the logs are all up to date! Also added some more information to the Lore section of the web page, along with another familiar scene. I can't update the character sheets until everyone picks their new abilities, so if you guys would do that, that would be awesome.

-Emperor Tullegolar

Also, Kitsune, I choose you! tongue

To answer Nalyd's question: I didn't level anyone after Session 4, so after Session 5 I decided that anyone who was around for most of either one of those sessions would level. Looking back, Session 4 wasn't really cut short by that much, it was still pretty long, so you get to level if you were at it, and Spaki was at it.

-Emperor Tullegolar

Hey, only two out of eight people have picked new abilities for their level! Pick your abilities already so I can update character sheets and put up a new schedule. If you are done playing, that's fine, just let me know so the rest of us can move on. Thanks.

-Emperor Tullegolar

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I've been gone a few days, but the time has arrived for a new session. Here is the schedule for Session 6. Weekends seem to be best, so I only included them this time. Fill the thing in and I'll update character sheets within the next few days.

-Emperor Tullegolar

Somehow, I suspect there'll be scheduling conflicts in there with only six days as possibilities...

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I updated the character sheets, so everyone's inventory and such should be up to date. Let me know if you believe otherwise. Either way, do check out your inventory and make sure there isn't a bunch of awesome stuff in it you're forgetting to use! I'll see whoever can make it later tonight.

-Emperor Tullegolar

In related news, I won't be able to make it. I generally try to arrange things so I can ensure I'm there for the full six-or-more hours without difficulty, because real life does interfere sometimes, even for me. Problem is, on such short notice, there's no real way for me to do that, and Real Life is interfering, so... yeah. Sorry.