Balladeer

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what this needs?

Stats!

Click to reveal.. (Stats!)
Spaki (Nalyd) was a rolling fool. No less than 36 dice rolls were made by him. That's more than double what Antonius (Dantius) rolled (15), and nearly half of the 80 total dice rolls made by the party. Laban (Excalibur) was more restrained, with a measly 1 roll.

Critical successes were elevated for most of the party. 6% of all rolls were critical successes. Everyone except Laban netted a single critical success. Critical failures, in contrast, were incredibly rare: Only Sharrath (Bloodmoon) got one, making the total fumble rate a tiny 1%.

Svvtck (Nioca) had the best luck with the dice, with an average roll of 12.75*. Only Sharrath (Bloodmoon) got an average roll under 10, though (9.63), and the party's average roll was 11.44.

The party caused a total of 8 deaths. 3 innocents were killed because of us (1 by Spaki, 2 by Svvtck). And we took down 5 enemies (1 indeterminate, 1 shared kill by Spaki Antonius and Svvtck, and 3 kills by Svvtck). The honorable samurai sure seems to be leaving a trail of bodies...

Shaacks (Ackrovan) has the best accuracy* within the group thusfar, landing 80% of his attacks. Alarmingly, this number shoots up to 100% whenever he aims for the groin. That said, everyone had better than 60% accuracy, with the party averaging 69%.

My attempts to calculate hostile accuracy have thusfar come to naught, and it'll probably take another session to calculate it accurately.

The party earned a total of 80 Lucre this session, and spent a total of 25.

*This isn't counting Laban (Excalibur), who technically got an average roll of 17.00 and an attack accuracy of 100%. He was omitted because he only made the 1 roll.

†This counts the barter of the ninjasword valued at 10 Lucre.

Disclaimer: These stats have been compiled entirely by hand. Small margins of error are to be expected, and some results are the result of interpretation. The compiling party waives any and all responsibility of damages, supernatural or otherwise, done as a result of reading these stats.

Common side effects of reading these stats may include, but are not limited to: Dizziness, shortness of breath, questioning of faith, and pondering just how much time the compiling party has on their hands. Contact a doctor immediately if you experience hair loss, fatigue by proxy, or have a crisis of faith for longer than 4 hours.

Quote:
After much thought, I've decided to have the next session after the holidays. I'm sure lots of people have stuff to do this week, as do I. It's good to know that this game works the way I've set it up, but some time to tweak it can only make it better.

As for pics, had some time to make one. Group shot of the party! I tried to pay close attention to detail, so enjoy. If I have spare time during the holidays, more will probably appear, depicting some favorite scenes. People who were left out of the group shot will probably make appearances in those, since the brief appearances some characters made were actually pretty eventful. Also I intend to update the map on the front page to reflect what's been explored. See you after the holidays.

-Tullegolar

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Tullegolar
The most people are available Monday, January 4th. That's tomorrow. Unless I post something late today or early tomorrow that says otherwise, be prepared for Sessions 2 to be on that day, at 7:00 PM Eastern Time (same time as usual). Hope to see you all there!

-Emperor Tullegolar

I'm just now making it through the first log... wow. And I thought the parties in my games were destructive... I'm counting multiple instances of arson, dishonorable dueling, bribery, drug peddling, rampant zombification, lashing out at street urchins, PvP-ing, insider trading, ripping a police-ant's arms off, and massive property damage.

Wow.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
dishonorable dueling

Hey! That was an honorable duel! It just got a little out-of-hand. tongue

Quote:
ripping a police-ant's arms off

This one was Tully's fault. He took the term 'disarm' a bit too literally.

But this is what happens when you get a party together and say 'Go Nuts'. They can, and they will, go abso-freakin'-lutely bonkers.

Fun session! The following people have leveled and get to chose a new ability from the ones listed. I've decided that a new tier of abilities will be available at level 4, so level 3 people get to choose from the abilities they didn't choose last time.

Svvtck the Samurai (Level 3): Aphorism (a single target heal ability), Raven (a useful flying familiar)
Spaki the Necromancer (Level 3): Festering Wounds (causes great pain and damage to enemies), Slime Mold (a slime mold which can attack sort of or be eaten for health)
Antonius the Magician (Level 3): Salt Golem (summon a reliable but unintelligent minion), Familiar (a pet cat that is adept at scouting)
Laban the Stratagist (Level 2): Flank (bonus damage against enemies already being attacked), Faint (look weak so the enemy doesn't attack you), Discourage (debuff that weakens enemies)

If you did not level this time, fear not. Experience is cumulative, so even if you can only make it a few hours each session, you'll still level eventually.

Oh, and new titles arrive from the Guild Master. Word of your deeds has spread.

Darklord Spaki Njordvald of the Nega
Initiate of the Casting Circle Antonius of the Nega
Lord Laban Lugubre
Nekona the Bland of the Nega

Congratulations and thanks to all that participated. I think next session I'm going to try to advance the actual plot along a bit, so look forward to that. Other than that, the session itself is posted on my site, I'll probably add more pictures over the next few days, and I'll post a schedule for Session 3 probably this weekend.

-Emperor Tullegolar

Hey party, time for Session 3! Fill this out for next week. Hope everyone can make it.

Also, if anyone needs to contact me for this RP or any other, I can now be contacted via PM through the fully mod-authorized non-public-posting account Pigeonlord Ratking. That should make things slightly more convenient for everyone, hopefully.

-Emperor Tullegolar

The next session will be Saturday the 23rd. That day seems to work for everyone who filled the chart in (which is everyone but Excalibur), so that's great. See you all there at the usual time: 7:00 PM Eastern time. I'll try to have character sheets ready before then on my site so you can see your inventory and an up to date picture of your character.

-Tullegolar

Originally Posted By: Nioca
The next session will be Saturday the 23rd. That day seems to work for everyone who filled the chart in (which is everyone but Excalibur), so that's great. See you all there at the usual time: 7:00 PM Eastern time. I'll try to have character sheets ready before then on my site so you can see your inventory and an up to date picture of your character.

-Tullegolar

*sigh* Maybe. I should be late, though. Sorry, having a hectic week this week.

Just a reminder that Session 3 is tomorrow. It doesn't hurt to be a few minutes early, though it might hurt to be a bit late. Also, do check out the new character sheets on my site and let me know if they are not 100% accurate. They should be, though.

-Emperor Tullegolar

Session 3 was probably the most successful session yet as far as getting things done. Interestingly enough, though given numerous chances to work for the Government and the Church, the party seems to have fallen in with organized crime. This truly has become the GTA of RPGs.

Some levels were gained, so new abilities. Svvtck did indeed gain a free ability during the last session in addition to his new ability for his level. Yes, there are opportunities out there for other people to do the same, just keep exploring and I'm sure you'll stumble upon them eventually. Also, some people have reached level 4. What happens at level 4 is your starting ability is upgraded, so sorry but you don't get to choose a new one yourself. The next tier of abilities will be available at level 5.

Svvtck the Samurai (Level 4): Spirit Sword (your katana has been infused with your warrior spirit, now magically enchanted with its own glowy power, it will always be the most efficient and deadly weapon for you to use in almost any situation)
Spaki the Necromancer (Level 4): Greater Resurrection (your ability to raise the dead has improved and your undead are now more resilient and longer lasting, you also have a higher chance of success when using this ability than before)

The following people get to choose a new ability:

Sharrath the Sorcerer (Level 3): Dust Elemental (summon a destructive elemental), Elemancy (control nearby simple elements)
Laban the Strategist (Level 3): Faint (look weak so the enemy doesn't attack you), Discourage (a debuff that weakens enemies)
Pen the Artist (Level 2): Sculpt Rapier (use your abilities to sculpt common dirt into a fine weapon to use against your foes), Sonnet (heal yourself or a party member by immortalizing them in verse), Rain Dance (weaken your foes with a fearsome bird jig)

Finally, a note arrives at your current location (the Bada Bug) from the Guildmaster. He is disturbed to discover that you have defiled a relic of Inanna the Antqueen-General. This could have dire ramifications should she decides to take action against the Guild. The General of Earth is not someone you want to be enemies with. He recommends that you look into leaving Earth for a time until the heat dies down a bit.

Either way, new titles:

Outer Order Apprentice, Darklord Spaki Njordvald of the Nega
Initiate of the Casting Circle, Darklord Antonius the Bland Bland of the Nega
Initiate of the Casting Circle, Lord Sharrath Naalaar the Ingenius of the Nega
Pen Artifex of the Nega

Way to stack those titles.

Anyway, since it’s been a while since I linked it, here is the World's Website (Warning: inappropriate content) so everyone can see the logs, as well as (currently not up to date) character sheets complete with pictures. I'll update those and put up a schedule for Session 4 later this week, probably. Mass Effect 2 just came out, so no promises.

-Emperor Tullegolar