The World - An Online IMRP

Balladeer

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Who's asking anyone to switch? You simply said that IRC is harder to set up than AIM, and I was pointing out that this is not really the case.

I'm under the impression that IRC uses a lot more commands than AIM (with which you just click somebody's name in your contact list, spam text, and then press enter to send). Is this not the case?

Also, IRC is for geeks. We're too cool for that here.

Originally Posted By: Belle.
I'm under the impression that IRC uses a lot more commands than AIM (with which you just click somebody's name in your contact list, spam text, and then press enter to send). Is this not the case?
Well... it might depend on your choice of client... but in general, none of the IRC commands are needed for just talking. They're for administration and stuff, mainly.

Quote:
The game will be in AIM. More people have AIM. People that have IRC should have no trouble typing in "AIM" in Google, following the first link that comes up, and spending a few minutes downloading it and creating an account. Not sure the same can be said for current AIM who would have to switch to IRC. The game will be in AIM. If you really want to play, you can download it. I assure you it will be worth the time it takes you to do so.

-Tullegolar

Incidentally, the same could be said of AIM switching to IRC.

Also, Mac users needn't download anything for AIM, since they can use iChat.

And I knew it would be in AIM, for the record. This little tangent was simply pointing out that IRC can be as easy as AIM.

Quote:
Sorry if this message gets to you guys late, communicating through a proxy can make things more inconvenient for all involved. The date for the first session of the game shall be Friday, December 11th. "SpidwebRP" shall be the chatroom. It will begin at 7:00 PM server time. It will probably go for many hours. Spectators are welcome. Sorry to those who can't make it, hope to see the rest of you there! It will be epic. Tales will be told for generations to come. Not for the faint of heart or imagination.

-T

Originally Posted By: Emperor Tullegolar
First session was as epic I imagined it would be. That players were clever and performed magnificently, so all is well. There may have been an unusually high concentration of evil among the players, which resulted in quite a bit of brutality, but overall it made things more interesting and fun, I think.

Anyway, the session can be found on my website here (Warning: inappropriate content). I will probably illustrate several scenes that were particularly awesome and maybe create character sheets later as well. So look out for those.

Also leveling. The five people who stayed the longest get to level: Svvtck, Spaki, Shaackss, Antonius and Sharrath. This mean you get to choose one new ability for your class. New ability choices are as follows, each character please choose one of the three new abilities:

Svvtck the Samurai: Loyalty (rallies your teammates, curing negative effects (not healing) and focusing their attacks), Aphorism (a single target heal ability), Raven (a useful flying familiar)
Spaki the Necromancer: Boneshards (attack with a spray of sharp magical boneshards), Festering Wounds (causes great pain and damage to enemies), Slime Mold (a slime mold which can attack sort of or be eaten for health)
Schaackss the Alchemist: Healing Potion (makes healing potions out of almost anything), Armor Potion (makes a protection potion out of almost anything), Spirit Potion (created a powerful random potion out of almost anything)
Antonius the Magician: Salt Golem (summon a reliable but unintelligent minion), Familiar (a pet cat that is adept at scouting), Binding (hold your foes in place so they can't attack)
Sharrath the Sorcerer: Dust Elemental (Summon a destructive elemental), Elemancy (control nearby simple elements), Solar Wind (a powerful blast of energy)

Each person please choose one ability of the three presented. When you level again, new abilities along with the ones you didn't pick this time will all be available. Please don't try to influence the decisions that other make.

Also, something else: while sleeping on top of the police station, a pigeon messenger arrives bearing a message from the Guild. The Guild Master has heard of your exploits and has awarded certain people with titles to correspond with their accomplishments. The people of Earth aspire to get titles like these their whole life, so you consider youself very lucky. They are meaningless except for the prestige that comes with having them, which can be meaningful to the right people. Three of you have earned titles:

Outer Order Probationer, Master Svvtck
Spaki Njordvald of the Nega
Shaackss the Ingenius

Titles stack, so you may (like Nioca) gain multiple stacking titles. The more confusing and convoluted your title, the more prestige is associated with it. I do not intend to reveal how you receive titles, but it does have to do somewhat with your actions, probably.

Anyway, good game, all. Next time I post, it will be with a calendar for the next session and probably to tell you about all the great pictures I drew. So check for updates here and on my site for sure. Looking forward to the next session. It shall be epic, as always.

-Tullegolar

Hey, don't knock it. With this thing, I can wake Shaackss up if he falls asleep again. Plus, you know, a team buff is nice.

I wonder though, does the Loyalty benefits apply to me as well when I use it? I'm choosing it either way, but it'd be nice to be sure ahead of time.

Finally, to save a lot of headache: spidwebRP Chat Redirect.