The World - An Online IMRP

Balladeer

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha! Suddenly everything makes more sense. Dogs have strength, bugs agility, cats intelligence, lizards will, birds charisma, and humans talent.

Making an inference based on the fact that Dantius and I share a class, then, each of the 9 possible alignments must have 3 classes, each of which is shared by 2 races/attributes. We can further infer based on the lack of overlap that these classes are normally shared among str/agi (dogs/bugs), int/will (cats/lizards), and cha/tal (birds/humans). Interesting.

Quote:
Excalibur: Human Strategist. You prefer to stay towards the back of your group catching your enemy by surprise with brilliant stratagems, using tactics to weaken your foes and generally keep yourself alive. You are asian, with a huge fu manchu moustache.

Ooh! I totally dig the mustache. smile

I think his name will be Laban Lugubre.

Quote:

Slarty is correct, I meant to say 27 classes the second time. And I must say, I am honored to have my game dissected by Slarty like so many games before. wink Dikiyoba is also correct, while there are just the 6 primary races (I suppose I should say species) there are subraces. Just as humans have black people, white people, etc., catpeople have their panthers, lynxes, etc. And yes, there are racial divides based on classes. It could be due to racism (there will be plenty of racism/speciesism in the game) but since Earth in this world has a unique creation story, it probably has more to do with that. Panthers, for example, are always destruction sorcerers because Destruction has the greatest hand in their creation, so it is all they are capable of. It is the way of things. The nice thing is that even though your race and powers were predetermined by your birth (much like in real life), what you do with those powers doesn’t have to be.

Also, I forgot Celtic Minstrel, he would have been a Chameleon Elementalist. As for other classes that were not picked and remain mysterious, you'll just have to wait until you encounter them in the game. How fun it will be when you're on the receiving end of all those awesome abilities!

-Tullegolar

Viewability. The Misc forum is a subforum. And it isn't a busy one. As such a lot of people don't see it regularly. The fact that it's a subforum is irrelevant if you use the "Active Topics" feature to read posts. But if you just go to individual forums, you are very likely to not see new threads in Misc.

So it made sense for Northern Waters with its many threads and its stable group of players, but it makes less sense for an RP that will have one or two threads and appreciates fresh interest.

Aw, I want to be a catperson... Ah well.

I name my character 'Svvtck'. For some reason, though, he responds to 'Steve'.

Something scares me, though. We have 9 (possibly 10) characters. And yet, I'm the only fighter and meatshield in the group. I sincerely hope I'm good at dodging, because I get the feeling that I'm going to be absorbing every enemy that comes our way. Unless Nikki turns out decent at melee.

Also, no healer. Yikes!

Originally Posted By: Zo Logick
Viewability. The Misc forum is a subforum. [...] The fact that it's a subforum is irrelevant if you use the "Active Topics" feature to read posts.

Actually, Misc. posts don't show up on the Active Topics feature. Not sure why, but there you go.

Quote:
First Session will probably be next week, as that seems to be better for me as well as other people. No day is good for everyone (not unexpected), but it looks like next Tuesday the 8th, Wednesday the 9th and Friday the 11th have the most people available. So far I like Wednesday the 9th, but that's not set in stone. I'll pick one by this weekend for sure, maybe by Friday or even sooner.

Yes, spectators are welcome. And yes, I will log the session. When has Emperor Tullegolar ever missed a chance to please the people?

-T