A Geneforge morality quiz, or, Detect you faction, now with 100% accuracy!

Dantius

**stares in anticipation**

C'mon, get the debate fired up already! I need something juicy to read [that's not gossip Facebook posts].

~Artemis and gossip. It gets on my nerves, unless it's something good. Like "OMG, ACKY'S PREGNANT!" Or something uber-irrelivent like that. Don't you love my productive input?

Originally Posted By: Artie Luv
**stares in anticipation**

C'mon, get the debate fired up already! I need something juicy to read [that's not gossip Facebook posts].

~Artemis and gossip. It gets on my nerves, unless it's something good. Like "OMG, ACKY'S PREGNANT!" Or something uber-irrelivent like that. Don't you love my productive input?

Why should there be debates? There aren't enough mes to go around to debate. smile

Well then, if it has been so heavily debated, what is the answer? Obviously if "it is better to let it die in peace", then there must be an answer. Takers or Obeyers? Shapers or Rebels? Canisters or no? Was Litalia justified in releasing the Shredbugs on Astoria? What about the Unbound? I don't think it will ever be finished.

If there is no answer than debating must continue! Litilita was unjustified releasing the shredbugs. Same for Unbound. Shapers need to be less cruel. No canisters except for the PC character. Shapers not rebels. Obeyers not takers.

What is the Faction that would see the world be a guninely better place without needless distruction or mass panic by citizens?

I think it is completely true that humans, and especially drakons, are not capable of handling the power to shape. It is too much and almost all are just too immature. This is even more obvious because the world we are talking from is better than a world with shaping. also i have not played the fifth so i don't know shredbugs thing, unbound obviously wrong, since the drakons are wrong, all of them always have been nothing but vengeance seeking tyrants using the excuse that shapers don't treat creations well enough, they obviously only care that the shapers want to kill them. that was what i have to say for now.

I do think that barhzal may have been on the right track in that using canisters evolves one beyond human and that has enough maturity to use shaping, maybe, not likely. This makes me agree with nobody but the trakovites kinda, except i do not beleive shaping is inherently bad.

Astoria got what was coming to her. The unbound killed innocent people. Power for sanity is bad (canisters). Shaping created the economy of terrestia and hundreds of years of peace that was totally destroyed by the sucia shapers not destroying the geneforge and their work. Brahzal just made everything worse and takers are just crazy.

Obeyers and awakened in the first one are fine considering the circumstances and the Sholai all need to go to hell.

If the shapers and their peace was so great the rebellion would not have got ANY humans besides litalia on their side. also i don't see how anyone could agree with the rebellion in g3 or four, basically vengeance hungry drakons burning any trace of shaper civilization who want power for themselves as worse opressors than the shapers and a bunch of selfish people who don't understand the needed safety for the power to shape, though i don't think any human should have a power so great as shaping, and the canisters give clarity most of the time, not insanity, though insanity a lot. most of the time people who are affected by the canisters become machine-like, logical and not irrational as humans and all other beings are. i would be for the unbound if they were for a greater world, not a drakon ruled world, even ghaldring, clear-headed as he is, will do anything to not lose, even make the world worse

Originally Posted By: llloyd
...a bunch of selfish people who don't understand the needed safety for the power to shape...

Thats just It. The people are ignorant of the shaper way and do not understand it. The Shapers would have avoided the Human rebbelion if they didn't guard their secrets so tightly or tried to explain to the common outsider what Shaping is. Outsiders see cruel oppressors and not Humans trying to do their job. The Shapers could have avoided alot of trouble had they not be so arrogant.

Shapers can handle the Shaping, Its their communication skills between themselves and others that caused the rebbelion. Alwan and Astoria have both seen this, and both of them want to restore a better Shaper empire. So, I vote Shapers wit better communication skills as the rulers of terrestia.

Yes i kind of agree that the shaper empire was quite responsible as far as the game represented that time, which was not much, but as far as i can tell nothing all that much worse than our unleashing killer bees on the world ever really got out. but i do not think you can entirely blame the peoples misunderstanding and immaturity of the dangers of shaping on the shapers. example, the captain in the rebellion in g4 was mad at the shapers for letting his people starve because they did not help them by destroying the environment. though the shapers did put everything they did as something not fit for outsiders to understand, i'm not saying they are not at any fault. also lankan is g3 rebelling because of dumb diwanya did not having enough power to keep an entire island of rogues in check(sarcasm). i do think more fault was on the shapers though for creating a barrier between them and outsiders as if shapers are a different more superior species. but even if those peace times serviles should have either been treated better or made completely lacking free thought or emotions, maybe both. my vote for servants though is machines, kari was the only person i thought completely correct, and she was dead. if shapers invested more in golems as servants, who have no minds, and the serviles left were made equals all would be solved. golems don't even need food.

the end of my thoughts so far, i was driving my friends crazy before now i shall unleash my crazy theories and arguing stamina on you people.

... example, the captain in the rebellion in g4 was mad at the shapers for letting his people starve because they did not help them by destroying the environment.

That guy said they wouldn't do it because of destorying the environment or something. The Shapers didn't explain things good enough. It was clear it was down to broken comunication in that case.

also lankan is g3 rebelling because of dumb diwanya did not having enough power to keep an entire island of rogues in check(sarcasm).

Its not Dinwainya not haveing enough power, its him not doing enough to protect the people. Dinwainya tried to explain he wasn't strong enough to protect the island but they didn't listen. Someone on that island said that the Shapers don't let people train in magic and they don't train with their swords. The shapers obviously didn't say how hard it was to learn magic. Once again, poor comnuication.

i do think more fault was on the shapers though for creating a barrier between them and outsiders as if shapers are a different more superior species.

My point exactly.

but even if those peace times serviles should have either been treated better or made completely lacking free thought or emotions, maybe both.

They have emotions for a reason. They are made to love working. If hey had less intelegence than they couldn't work outide shaper control and would perform their tasks with less quality. That would defeat the purpose of serviles.

my vote for servants though is machines, kari was the only person i thought completely correct, and she was dead. if shapers invested more in golems as servants, who have no minds, and the serviles left were made equals all would be solved. golems don't even need food.

Shapers are more about life than machines so they wouldn't do that. Machines also, are hard to bend to your will and if they go rouge, cannot be easily controlled. If the servants have no minds they can't exactly serve. smile

the end of my thoughts so far, i was driving my friends crazy before now i shall unleash my crazy theories and arguing stamina on you people.

I will gladly debate with you until we have argued everything to the point of stupidity.

Ah cool already my first big debate, but i now don't have that much too say except control stuff, first machines would not go rogue, they can not, especially since the shapers would be smart enough to have a emergency shut down override, at least they should. Also i did not say the shapers were not at some fault, but it would be pretty bold of you to say that the regular people tried very hard to understand the shapers side. what i am saying is both sides are at fault because the shapers did not explicate, therefore being distant and tyranical seeming, and the people did not try to see it from the shapers point of view.

also, by no mind i mean no commen sense, reasoning ability, not a blank zombie mind that goes uhhh.... and then obeys what you say and eats brains. i actually can't really understand why serviles can't be made as obedient as the servant minds, maybe having something to do with outsiders then not being able to control them, but was never said. also you can not say the serviles were okay before because like on gull island the good shaper made serviles were itching to rebel with little influence, so the design does need improvement. though this problem could be solved by being nicer that seems even more unlikely for the shapers, and even some people.

anything we are not in accordance with?

Machines won't go rouge your right. However machines can have faults in them. See Eliza's power system in G4. Machines work how they are designed to with no deviation and cannot adapt to new situations. Golems will always attack intruders, even if the Intruder is a friend.

Servant minds are just that, Minds. They are made to be obediant just like servals. They can go rouge just not easily. Its due to their high intelegence that they do not go rouge. Servals on the other hand, if they had high intellegence would realise their slave like conditions and would rebel imediatly. That also raises the question about why minds don't rebel if they have high intellegence, and thats because minds only think about their Jobs and are not programmed to do things that arn't their jobs. Servals can't have their brains like that, otherwise once their specific Job is done, they have no purpose. Also, serviles already have little to no common sense, its what allows outsiders to control them easily. They need instructions, except for the few scribe serviles.

The serviles on Gull island did not just rebel, and thats because their living conditions were not that good. They were constantly subjected to rouge creations or having to clean up after the rouge creations. This slowly made them go mad.

I never said the outsiders tried hard to understand the shaper. I would imagine that If an outsider tried too hard to understand shapers they would be hung for conspiracy. Outsiders can only understand Shapers as much as the Shapers allow, and that isn't much.

public servants are always hated, its just to easy to scapegoat(the shapers in this case)people in charge. so when they said it would destroy the enviroment, thoughtless outsiders said "who needs an enviroment the shapers can fix anything" and blamed everything on them, in turn their is a social compact that the shapers partly broke by not taking proper care of the outsiders and serviles.

The servilles were perfectly fine until the sucia Island Incident. After that, the servilles who had developed independance after 200 years began to spread Ideas.

P1: Shaper. We have found rogue servilles on some forgotten Barred Island

P2: Which one?

P1: Sucia Island sir

P2: Oh really!? Cool.

P1: Um sir, what should I do about it?

P2: I don't care. Blow it up or something.

before sucia island it is true no srvile in their sane mind would rebel, it was not all good and perfect. the shapers treated serviles as things basically, and the only reason no rebellion was because any servile that said no was killed on the spot. so though no rebellion obvious need for reform still, but because of the way humans are, the shapers would definetly never do any sort of reforming without a major crises that is actually a threat as a wake up call. actually everything was fine if you are okay with a pretty sentient species being treated as disposable(yes) things(not) who should be lucky they were ever created. just asking for a rebellion really

Originally Posted By: Shaper Tristan
mod powers activate...... just wait..... someone will come sooner or later.

Spamming the thread with mod requests is not the proper way of getting their attention. Simply hit report post, fill out your complaint, and be done with it.

Now, then. I myself find this entire morality quiz a little sketchy, based on... ridiculousness. Does anyone else agree?

Originally Posted By: Illoyd
i actually can't really understand why serviles can't be made as obedient as the servant minds,

I think the game says once or twice that servant minds don't go rogue very often, but that's false. We see servant minds go rogue quite often in the series, and it's obviously enough of a threat that they're designed to be immobile and then redesigned later in the series so that they have a much shorter lifespan.

We do see a few intelligent serviles that are completely obedient, but it seems very likely that one will go rogue sooner or later. That seems to be the end result of any creation given enough time and abuse.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Shaper Tristan
they rarely go rogue simply becasue they want freedom or they hate shapers.

Serviles that weren't born free tend not to spontaneously want freedom or hate Shapers either. Usually it takes some combination of abuse, neglect, being constantly scared by rogues, being controlled by rogues, and free serviles giving them the idea.

Free serviles are typically declared rogue by default and killed on sight even if they just want to live out their own lives in peace, so it's not really surprising if many of them demand freedom and hate Shapers.

Dikiyoba.

Man, i wish i was here for whatever was debated about with geneforge and the conclusion stuff. i shall live on, yet partly dead, and will come out to me living about 3 years less than i would have, but i am prepared to make the call with the rest of you that geneforge should be given a good grave, and a peaceful one. for what is 3 years to the rest of all our memories of such a compelling tale. end.

We have no idea about which is the proper ending for Geneforge and the debate still rages. mainly it boils down to personal preference. However if you take out the PC than you could use logic to assume the possible outcome. For example Fort Vengance would fall and the shredbugs would be released. Most Evidence points to a Rebel victory but if the Shapers get united than anything goes.

Well, the Shapers would be fine without the Pc killing them. They would've attacked ghaldrin and his rebels one by one The Shred bugs wouldn't have been released by the rebels because alwan knew of it and would've sent a Shaper to deal with it.

Fort vengence would be fine because the rebels stated that they had sent many people before, and none had succeeded. So actually things point more towards Shapers unless Ghaldrin steps it up.

Drakon: We are going to win!

Shaper: Oh shut up!

Drakon:You dare talk to me like that puny-

Shaper: *Casts spell destroying Drakon*

I know he did it for a political edge, but it backfired. And i'm talking about what he makes you do after you take his ending. It says that you continue to undermine the others. So there is more that is not specifically mentioned in the game.

Rawal: Go mess with alwans defences

Pc: Why? Are you trying to make us loose the war?

Rawal: *twists is hand*

Pc: *Control tool rips hole in heart*