A Geneforge morality quiz, or, Detect you faction, now with 100% accuracy!

Dantius

What it says on the tin. Record you answers, and this will tell you you beliefs, in handy chart form.

============================================================================================

SECTION 1: SCENARIO:

1. You encounter a wounded creation in the woods, while on a crucial mission. Do you:

A. Kill it. It is a rogue and must be destroyed.

B. Kill it. You have more important things to do than worry about a wounded creation.

C. Leave it alone. The mission takes prominence

D. Try to heal it. If this would require undue amounts of time or energy, leave

E. Try to heal it. Creations are sentient, and all effort must be taken to care for them.

2. After travelling for several days in hostile territory, you encounter a group of enemy creations. What do you do?

A. Immediately attack them. They are the enemy, no sympathy

B. Attack them, but only if you are strong enough

C. Sneak around them- combat will only slow you down

D. Try to incapacitate them somehow, then walk past

E. Try to calm them, and avoid inflicting any harm

3. You have penetrated deep into the enemy fortress. You objective is near. Suddenly, you enter the central labs. A researcher, with several creations present, has his back to you. Do you:

A. Kill the creations as they are more dangerous, then him, before he can react.

B. Kill him, then slaughter his creations, helpless without his guidance.

C. Create a diversion, then slip past. Combat would be a waste of your time.

D. Bluff your way past, avoiding combat. You shouldn't harm innocents unless it is unavoidable

E. Try to find another route. You have no business harming him or his creations

4. You are fighting an enemy servile warrior in a shaping lab. Suddenly, he stumbles, back to a vat of chemicals. Do you:

A. Kick him in. He deserved it, for fighting you.

B. Kick him in. It should incapacitate him long enough for you to achieve your mission.

C. Continue attacking.

D. Stab him, clean and quick. He shouldn't have fought you in the first place.

E. Disarm him, knock him unconscious, and stash him somwhere he won't be found until you are well out of there.

5. You have reached your objective. However, it is guarded by several powerful creations. How do you get it?

A. Eliminate the rogues and get it. Killing enemy combatants in always better than not doing it.

B. Eliminate the rogues. Mere creation should not get in the way of your mission.

C. Kill the creations. The mission takes prominence.

D. Try to stun them or otherwise not inflict harm on them.

E. Try to find another route, and avoid harming them.

6. How do you escape from the enemy stronghold?

A. Create several disposable creation, sending them forth to wreak havoc

B. Release the experimental creations in the cells, causing chaos. They are doomed anyways.

C. Fight your way out.

D. Create a diversion by sabotaging machinery, but insure no one is hurt.

E. Sneak out and escape, harming no one and nothing.

SECTION II: CREATIONS

7. Serviles:

A. Need to be under strict control to insure loyalty.

B. Have strayed too far from control, and need to be taught a lesson

C. Should be our servants, but we should not abuse them.

D. Are not as powerful as humans or drakons, but are intelligent and sentient, and should be respected as such.

E. Are our equals

8. Shapers:

A. Had the right idea in their treatment of creations, but grew lax in its enforcement.

B. Should be seen as a model for their system of punishment

C. Held many correct beliefs, but also many wrong beliefs.

D. Were too controlling for their good.

E. , in their authoritarianism, doomed themselves to failure

9. Drakons:

A. Must be attacked on sight and killed, no exceptions

B. Are a perversion of the Shaping arts. They should be imprisoned, studied, and then killed.

C. Are too powerful to deal with

D. , in their domination, have shown how weak the Shapers can be

E. Intelligence, power, and skill, should be seen as the model for creation types.

10. Eyebeasts:

A. , were they not so rare, would pose the greatest threat to society today, even more so than Drakons

B. Are far too powerful to let live

C. Need to be avoided

D. Keep to themselves, and thus merit little attention

E. Make excellent warriors, regardless of their flaws.

SECTION III: TECHNOLOGY AND RESEARCH

11. The system of research, in which a creation is modified, tested, and then killed, is:

A. Is unnecessary. We have plenty of creations, why waste time and effort making more?

B. Is useful in times of war, but a waste of time and resources otherwise.

C. No opinion.

D. Effective, and should be continued

E. Does not produce effective enough warriors, and should be replaced with self-Shaping

12. The system in which creations are created, thrown into a enclosed area, fight, and those that survive are tested and analyzed, is:

A. Ineffective and costly, in terms of both life and effort.

B. Interesting, but less effective than other systems.

C. Great for getting loot!

D. Useful, and merits more study

E. Excellent for effectively testing the battle prowess of creations

SECTION IV: THE GENEFORGE AND GENETIC MODIFICATION:

13. Canisters:

A. Damage and impurify all those who use them. They must be destroyed

B. Are ineffective and decrease the viability as a warrior the users

C. No opinion.

D. Are useful for getting certain abilities, but the price is too much to go all-out.

E. Must be used whenever possible. The power makes it worth it.

14. When Danette invented the Geneforge, the shapers responded:

A. Wisely. It contained too much power and too many negative effects to ever be practical.

B. Wisely. The investment required to make the Geneforge viable would be too much, in exchange for the gain.

C. by halting the project. We cannot second-guess their motives centuries into the future.

D. Hastily. They should have waited for more testing and results.

E. Foolishly. They enabled so much power to slip by their hands.

15. The multitude of secondary Geneforges:

A. Demonstrates the incompetence and insanity of those who create/use them.

B. Are not as effective in training warriors as the old fashioned way.

C. Needs to be culled.

D. Provide a cheap and effective way to train powerful warriors.

E. Needs to be increased. Power must be given to all.

16. Self-Shaping:

A. Is the lowest of the low.

B. Is overused and overvalued.

C. Trades one thing for another.

D. Is a quick and dirty way of getting new skills.

E. Is the future, the new way of training.

=========================================================================================

Now, get your score. Here's how.

A. Take questions 1-8. For all A answers, subtract 1. For all B answers, subtract 0.5. For all C answers, do nothing. For all D answers, add 0.5. For all E answers, add 1. This is your score on the "Creation rights" scale. A -8 means you think all creations are rogues by default, and require strong control to keep them in line. A +8 means that creation are our equals, and should be respected and cared for.

B. Take questions 9-16. For all A answers, subtract 1. For all B answers, subtract 0.5. For all C answers, do nothing. For all D answers, add 0.5. For all E answers, add 1. This is you "Individual rights" score. A -8 means that people have no right to power, and it needs to be strictly controlled. A +8 score means that all should have access to power, regardless the consequences.

C. Reference your score in coordinate form (A,B) to the coordinate plane here. Then, check with the color below to get your faction!

Dark Purple: Barzites. Creation have no rights, but we have all rights to power.

Blue: Drakons. Creations have few rights, and self-Shaping is encouraged.

Light blue: Rawal. Creations have little rights, and power is encouraged, in moderation.

Dark green: Alwanians: Creation have no rights, nor do we have rights to canister, which corrupt.

Green: Shapers: Creations have few rights, and self-Shaping is discouraged.

Light green: Obeyers: Creations have little rights, and genetic modification is somewhat discouraged.

Bright Yellow: Trakovites: Creations have equal rights, but Shaping is discouraged or banned.

Yellow: Awakened. Equal creation rights, but canister/Geneforge use discouraged.

Light yellow: Astorites. Creations have rights, but self-Shaping is discouraged.

Bright Red: Rebels. High Creation rights, and high freedom of choice.

Red: Takers. Medium creation rights, and high self-Shaping.

Pale Red: Sholai: Some creation rights, and some self-Shaping

Black: Servile cultists: Creations rights are the issue, mainly, creations should have all rights. Canister usage is not really an issue

Dark grey: Gottesch: Research and progress should not be impinged. Creation rights are not an issue.

Grey: Taygenites: Creations should be put in camps and killed. No exceptions.

Light grey: Traditionalists: Things should stay the way they are. No new research, no change in creation rights.

White: No opinion/conflicted.

D. Post your faction and score below!

Borderline (-4,-3)

Green: Shapers: Creations have few rights, and self-Shaping is discouraged.

Light green: Obeyers: Creations have little rights, and genetic modification is somewhat discouraged.

Me: Creations have few rights (which is slightly more than "little"), and genetic modification is somewhat discouraged.

Originally Posted By: Artie Luv
I got 2, -6 but I have no idea what color that tan one is supposed to represent.

~Artemis and colors. My favorite ones are black and gold. I like that Sam Sparro song, too.

Based on the yellow color in the lower right corner, I'm assuming that it is light yellow, and that you are an astorite.

There you go Spddin. Debate thread smile

It depends on what that knowledge is. Magic like fire or Icebolts should be distributed freely becuase it has good econmic purposes like Instantly freeze your fish after you've caught it, or cook your Vegetables without making a fire.

Creating super powerful monsters like Unbound should not be distrubuted.

Anyway, thats my Opinion on imaginary topics.

it says im in between rawal and and sholia, creations have little to some rights and relatively small control of power, which is kinda far off.

my thoughts cannot be compared to anyone in game anyway though, being that creations should not be able to think on their own so to be obedient and happy, like machines, ideally like the machine cave women in G2. power should be restricted to a group no larger than 10% of total pop and have unrestricted access but are not strict or inherently secretive and help the general population a lot. closest to this i think is barzahl, who wanted mindless creations and unrestricted power, for the wrong reasons.

also hi everyone, i have played all geneforges not five and have lurked these things for at least a couple years on/off

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
Magic like fire or Icebolts should be distributed freely becuase it has good econmic purposes like Instantly freeze your fish after you've caught it, or cook your Vegetables without making a fire.
But there's a small economic downside: Nearly all jobs relating to heating & cooling technology would become when it's more practical to cast spells to do that.
Originally Posted By: llloyd
sanity, sounds like an interesting thing, don't think i've heard of it
what does it taste like?
I remember once hearing that it tastes like butterscotch pudding, but you'd have to ask the fluffy turtles to know for sure.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
But there's a small economic downside: Nearly all jobs relating to heating & cooling technology would become when it's more practical to cast spells to do that.

I think theres a word missing. I don't quite understand you.

Oh and Tristan, thats contradicting your previous statment.

good point; perhaps we should also ban cars so that buggy whip makers don't go out of business

Fortunately, the new jobs in casting heating and cooling spells would then stimulate the economy.

—Alorael, who hopes buggy whip manufacturing and icebolt casting share a skill set.

Originally Posted By: Shaper Tristan
am i the only ones that got gottesch, come on people knowledge is power, and intelligence should not be punished.

knowledge that has powerful consequences should only be shared with the academia and the simpler secrets only with those that are prepareing to enter academia, otherwise you get power hungry tyrannical dictators(drakons).

First you said Intellegnce should not be punished and now you say it should be Contolled. Not a 100% contradiction but close enough. You support Gottesch yet don't want Drakons, even though at the basics they are one in the same.

am i the only ones that got gottesch, come on people knowledge is power, and intelligence should not be punished.

knowledge that has powerful consequences should only be shared with the academia and the simpler secrets only with those that are prepareing to enter academia, otherwise you get power hungry tyrannical dictators(drakons).

First you said Intellegnce should not be punished and now you say it should be Contolled. Not a 100% contradiction but close enough. You support Gottesch yet don't want Drakons, even though at the basics they are one in the same.

i said dangerous knowledge should be controlled and only in the hands of the intelligent(ie. academia)

No, want of instantaneous gratification and future paranoia of what technology will do, like put a few people out of work, will slow down progress, because instantaneous gratification wanting people will do for the now, not for the good of the future, like 2 steps forward 2 steps back.

As people may be able to tell right now, im no humanitarian, also my perfect society would be completely made up of robot-like beings, which is why i am all for canisters. losing emotions, socially distant, having an extreme sense of authority.

i said dangerous knowledge should be controlled and only in the hands of the intelligent(ie. academia)

But you didn't say that the first time. Hence me saying contradiction.