Exodus Torment Singleton.

Zummi

In Exodus, that particular feature works out to be more of a feature than a bug, to my mind. But, yes, in general it's a pain, since if characters keep gaining levels of the spell they will continue to get seemingly random creatures. I'm not sure what happens when the spell level reaches 83 (not that it ever should under sensible circumstances), but I bet the game crashes.

EDIT: Amazingly enough, the game does not crash; rather than running off of the end of the creature list, it wraps around and starts over at the beginning. It's a totally safe and neatly bounded buffer overflow!

I'm baffled by your supposed problems. Maybe the current version of the scenario differs slightly from the beta copy that I still have, but there's no 'Flight' spell I'm aware of, the scenario gives you the Orb of Flight when appropriate, and the Orb of Flight requires only that you must not be flying in order to activate.

Pardon the double post.

I've just finished Exodus on Torment with a slith warrior-priest singleton. I was level 115 at the end. There are some things though that I want to ask and want to share.

Ok, here goes.

I heard there was an imbalanced Hidden City Slith Spear in the scenario but I didn't encounter it. Was it the Divine Slith Spear or was it the Doomguard Pike which I haven't found since I can't find the dungeon (really, where was it? I know that it's in the Peninsula chapter, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, the cutscene where the Goddess is finally revealed can be replayed and replayed and replayed.)?

Is there any other or any plan of having a higher level scenario than Exodus? Is Parry worth bumping high? Do you really have to have points in Mage Spells to continue? There were two points in which you need Mage Spells, or at least an item that mimics a mage spell(one was for Flight and the other was passing through the barriers in Thanopolen.).

I also found out that HP is pointless to an extent for a singleton since you'll almost always get pummeled to 0 HP and will rely on Luck to luck out. For me, if you want survivability, invest in another skill other than Endurance. And Control Foes is a singleton's best friend, which isn't really new, but the ability to turn your foes against their allies AND to hit said foes without fear of retaliation? kthxbaih4x.

Congrats! Surely, you noticed the fierce difficulty. This is largely why nobody intends to make a scenario that follows Exodus. Things just get... weird. Difficult to imbalance. Remember, the firestorm of criticism following Exodus is what led Kelandon to "retire".

Quote:
Hidden City Slith Spear

This is from Undead Valley.

Originally Posted By: meAzuma
I heard there was an imbalanced Hidden City Slith Spear in the scenario but I didn't encounter it.

Wrong scenario. You're thinking of Undead Valley.

The Divine Slith Spear and Doomguard Pike are both really, really good weapons, but in a scenario where you're likely to end up at level 100 or higher you'd kind of expect them to be.

Quote:
Is there any other or any plan of having a higher level scenario than Exodus?

It's actually impossible to get above level 120 by fighting monsters, because at that point level-100 monsters stop giving experience. So making scenarios for parties above that is kind of awkward, and also kind of pointless.

Homeland is likely a dead project, but yes, the idea was to start with a new party, partly because of the problems associated with extremely high levels.

I suppose it would be possible in the Exodus engine to do advancement entirely via items and special spells, not levels. I played around with the idea before deciding that it would be easier to shed the history of Bahs and Exodus.

You get a very small hint at an aspect of the plot of Homeland in Nobody's Heroes. It seems as though nobody noticed/cared, though.