Guys... let's have an honest talk about hard drinks.

Eclipse

While I used to semi-regularly imbibe Pepsi during my misguided college days, nowadays I consider any and all carbonated drinks as junk food. The only time I drink any is when I'm forced to, like at social gatherings - and even then I just take a sip.

I prefer plain water, sometimes tea (no sugar). Fruit drinks aren't all that either, I don't consider the mass produced stuff acceptable since they're heavily sugared up and packed with colouring and flavouring crap. My fruit intake comes in the shape of the actual fruits. As a bonus eating the actual fruits satisfies your hunger and deters you from considering junk food.

We all have different vices. Mine don't happen to include these nasty concoctions.

120 GB (NTFS) frown

110 of that (Samsung hdd model somethingorother that came with the box) is allocated. The other 10 used to be the 'recovery' partition and is now vacant, pending Debian installation.

That being said, my old computer had a 9.95 GB hard drive, and the one before that had a 3.25 GB. Amazing that I now carry more than those combined in my pocket.

Soy milk is really not very milk-like at all. If you expect milk, you will be disappointed. I don't know what else it is like, but taken on its own merits it's actually pretty good. Definitely unusual, and I can definitely see how people could hate it, but I like it more than real, honest milk.

—Alorael, who will admit that milk takes flavoring better. Chocolate soy milk tastes like chocolate in something that isn't quite right, and vanilla soy milk tastes like over-sweetened soy milk with an odd aftertaste.

Originally Posted By: Panserbier
Soy milk is really not very milk-like at all. If you expect milk, you will be disappointed. I don't know what else it is like, but taken on its own merits it's actually pretty good. Definitely unusual, and I can definitely see how people could hate it, but I like it more than real, honest milk.

it's kind of like drinking pasta

Cider is delicious with or without spice. Add alcohol, though, and it just doesn't take like cider anymore. Egg nog is okay, and like cider I prefer it non-alcoholic.

—Alorael, who found non-skim milk disgusting for a long time. He's learned to appreciate higher percentage milks, but he still likes runny, thin skim milk.

That's a bit of an apples and soybeans comparison. I'll take cider over soy milk, but cider over soy sauce? That's not exactly a matchup I can wrap my head around.

—Alorael, who also happens to be a big fan of soy beans, fresh and dried. (No, they're not edamame!) You can even get chocolate-covered beans, although they just taste like odd chocolate-covered coffee beans.

Yes, I forgot that egg nog was, like cider, originally an alcoholic beverage that can still be found in alcoholic form, and it can be drunk with cinnamon as well, although I don't know anyone who would drink it hot. Again, I prefer it non-alcoholic. I should be a complete tee-totaller because of my medication, but I don't like to miss out on things. I believe I've had a shot of hard egg nog once. I don't remember if I liked it. I know I didn't like it as much as soft egg nog.

Never make eggnog with scotch. Some recipes call for it, but it tastes really awful. Scotch is fine straight or with water, if you like scotch, but it doesn't really mix well with anything.

Brandy is much nicer in eggnog, but rum is probably best of all, or a mixture of rum and brandy. And if you are confident enough in your raw eggs to let the mixture sit in the fridge for a day or two before drinking it, that will make it even better. Don't put too much liquor, but the right amount of the right kind makes it great.