Can't get Exile to run

PhoenixFire

I have an iBook G4 too. There should be a CD-ROM that came with the computer that has Classic (OS 9). Install it and when you need to install or play and OS 9 program it will run to give an OS 9 screen and allow you to play. You may need to reboot to install Exile games.

There used to be a topic in General explaining Basilisk installation. This is one of several emulator programs that allows you to play older games on Intel based Macs by creating a virtual environment that makes the game think it's running on an OS 9 machine.

Someone else like Tyran can explain it better since he's done it.

You don't open applications "with" Classic - as long as everything is set up correctly, anything that's detected as a Classic application is automatically launched under the appropriate environment.

Try redownloading the game? I didn't have any trouble running it, myself. However, I will note that there are a lot of glitches in the emulation. I'd recommend digging up an older Mac and running it under "real" OS 9 if at all possible - it's a much more pleasant experience.