The Labyrinth RP

Ephesos

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering John's behavior, that's not all that surprising. Because of Duck's and SD's portrayals of him, he's wound up being the ultimate example of "Character you'd likely strangle if you met him in real life". As point of fact, though, it seems that there's always a punching bag in the party. When John leaves, Etris takes up the role. I imagine if Etris were gone too, that someone else would step into that role.

Okay. The average dice roll for the entire party is 11.12 (basically, an 11).

For each character, in descending order of average roll:

John - 12.97 (+1.85)

Cumulo - 12.05 (+0.93)

Lindy - 11.92 (+0.8)

Conall - 11.54 (+0.42)

Kaval - 10.54 (-0.58)

Etris - 10.41 (-0.71)

Temmyn - 10.33 (-0.79)

Thuja - 9.92 (-1.2)

So there's not a real spread here. Our average rolls tend to be, well, average. The only outlier is John, who is almost two whole points above the norm.

Our worst session was Session 5, where the party's average roll was 9.93. The best average ever for a session belongs to John in session 4, who was rolling a mean 15.2. Worst ever belongs to Etris in session 5, who rolled 7.14 on average.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out how to steal John's dice. tongue

Anyway, posted on the calendar. So long as it's the usual time, any day works.

College has started again, and I'll have less time free on most week nights. Tuesday's worst as Wednesday starts early, Monday's best as Tuesday starts at noon. I'll fill it in liberally since we've had problems finding even a single good date, but on pretty much anything apart from Friday/Saturday I'll have to cut short after around four hours.

'k, I've reviewed the calendar, and the date for session #6 is Tuesday, October 27th. Same time and place. Sorry to those of you who can't make it, but that was actually the best I could find.

(Also, even if you're marking every day, thank you for using the calendar. Makes it way easier on me, even if you're just saying that you're free everyday. That data is useful.)

Hey folks, just a heads-up. This is absolutely the last thing I want to do, but it is possible that I might have to cancel on Tuesday.

Here's the deal. At my house, our cable went out on Monday. And since it's the same line as the internet, that's been out as well. Needless to say, our cable company is terrible, and it is still out. The earliest they say they can get a technician out to fix it is Monday (this, after they said twice that we should be back up and running by now). I do not trust them one bit, so it is entirely possible that it won't be back by Tuesday. If that is the case (that I don't have reliable internet back by then), I will haul myself over to somewhere with wireless and announce it's off.

So unless you hear otherwise from me, Tuesday is still on. There's just a chance it won't be. frown

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
Turns out someone on our street canceled their service, and my ISP, in their infinite freakin' wisdom, decided to disconnect us instead!

You want even more fun? Have the electric AND gas company do that to you. In the middle of winter.

Yeah, glad you got your internet back. Hopefully, you never have to contact your ISP again. Ever.

Who's participating this session, out of curiosity?

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Turns out someone on our street canceled their service, and my ISP, in their infinite freakin' wisdom, decided to disconnect us instead!

You want even more fun? Have the electric AND gas company do that to you. In the middle of winter.

Yeah, glad you got your internet back. Hopefully, you never have to contact your ISP again. Ever.

Who's participating this session, out of curiosity?

I'll prolly spectate, if it's okay with you all, but if I do I'll have to leave for NCIS. Not the crappy new one, just the original NCIS.

For the record, from now on I would really like it if people who can't make it to a session would PM me with any requests for their character's behavior. I realize I should've been calling for this from the start, but it's fine.

For instance, if you couldn't make it to a session, you could PM me and say:

Originally Posted By: Good Idea
Just have my character skulk around at the back of the party and be quiet.

OR

Let the first spectator in the door take over for my character.

OR

I want my character to go and hunt down more land sharks.

Unacceptable requests would include:

Originally Posted By: Bad Idea
Just play my character for me, okay?

OR

I want my character to go on a fully-fleshed sidequest!

OR

Just make my character turn into a dragon and fly away.

Also, if you miss a full session or a large enough chunk of one, I might request that you go through a mini-session, to catch your character up. Of course, you can opt out, but if the rest of the party levels up and you don't, then it's your own fault.

Also, if you miss a full session or a large enough chunk of one, I might request that you go through a mini-session, to catch your character up. Of course, you can opt out, but if the rest of the party levels up and you don't, then it's your own fault.

Make one of the mini-sessions a trip to the city of the land-sharks, and I'll be tempted to skip a months worth of sessions. tongue

Edit: Also, yay. This is at 10pm for me now. I just realised.

Click to reveal.. (Lindy's upgrade)

Stamina 10
HP 13 (+1)

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 7

Skills:
-Magic (Healing Arts): 8
-Religion: 2
-Nature: 3 (+2)
-First Aid: 3

Perk Reward "Glimpse of Infinity" - can detect portals (though she is unaware IC) and sees cool things when rolling a natural 20.

Cool Thing: Has a beautiful singing voice.
Items: Light staff
2 Curing potions
2 empty glass bottles
1 bottle of water
Some soggy food
A few bandages.

Level up, level up!

Click to reveal..
Name: Kaval

Race: Human

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 7

Intelligence: 1

HP: 19/19 (+3)

Stamina: 10/10

Skills:

Martial (improvised weapons): 6 (+2)

Stealth: 3

Artifice: 2

Nature: 1

Defense/Parry: 1

Inventory:

Dead shark

Bone spear

Stones

Old taco

Torch

3 limp daggers

After bleeding out, it's good to level up.

Click to reveal.. (Etris's Stats)
Name: Etris Tanner

Alignment: Neutralish

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 6

Health: 15/19 (+3)

Speed: 5

Stamina: 6/10

Magic (Force): 6 (+2)

Magic (Light): 2

Magic (Divination): 1

Martial (Shortswords): 3

Bluff: 2

Artifice: 2

Elemental Lore: 1

ITEMS

Batsword (Sentient Flying Shortsword)

Yellow Soporific Spores (Saps stamina)

Razor-rimmed Throwing Hat

Portion of Fish

PERKS

"Burning the Candle at Both Ends" - Whenever you would spend your last stamina point in combat, the attack in question is an automatic critical hit.

Log is up!!!

And now, the session summarized in quotes:

Click to reveal..
  • Conall: "I have no idea. Lets go and find somewhere away from the rain, sharks, and evil flying weapons."
  • Kaval: "There's no place like that. If we find one it'll only be that way because it has flying acid mice or something."
  • Temmyn: "Eat zap, sword!"
  • Thuja: "Toothpicks, I tell you, toothpicks!"
  • Lindy: "I think it might be a good idea for us to run away, we always seem to live when we do that."
  • Etris: "This is insane..."
  • Hoggle: "It's the Labyrinth. Weird is pretty normal around here."

And of course, we learned that when you guys get 20s I should just shower you with gold coins and obliterate all enemies within a 5-mile radius. Oh, and make everyone level up 3 times.

I will have the calendar for session #7 up soon. Don't forget to level up if you haven't.

EDIT: The calendar is up!

Quote:

(2009-10-28 01:47:38) Will Dueck: I attack anything that comes near me.
(2009-10-28 01:47:52) Will Dueck: w-dueck rolled 1 20-sided die: 1
Temmyn, guarding against nothing in particular, somehow manages to shock himself for 3 damage.

What a great start, there! tongue

Thanks for substituting for me, wdueck. smile

Ding!

Click to reveal..
Name: Thuja Goaway

Alignment: Misanthropic

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 2

HP: 22/22

Stamina: 10/10

Martial (Axe): 4

Martial (Boomerang): 4

Nature: 3

Perception: 2

Stealth: 2

Intimidate: 1

Inventory:

1 stone axe

5 boomerangs (Note: Must be retrieved rather than returning automatically.)

1 dead shark

Dikiyoba also wanted to raise Thuja's intelligence, to show the steady decline in his mental abilities from traveling with the other party members constantly, but that will have to wait for now since Dikiyoba couldn't have both.

Originally Posted By: Arancaytrus
Quote:

(2009-10-28 01:47:38) Will Dueck: I attack anything that comes near me.
(2009-10-28 01:47:52) Will Dueck: w-dueck rolled 1 20-sided die: 1
Temmyn, guarding against nothing in particular, somehow manages to shock himself for 3 damage.

What a great start, there! tongue

Thanks for substituting for me, wdueck. smile

I must say, I was more-or-less expecting death threats rather than thanks tongue

In an unsurprising turn of events, I won't be able to make that Tuesday either. Or most Tuesdays for the next few months. Sorry. frown

Even on the Tuesdays where I'm not out late (about half of them), I have to get up about an hour after the sessions normally end. I experimented with sleep patterns last week, but it failed...

I just know I'm going to regret this, but...

I went over the Session 6 transcript. Remember how I said that Etris only had 3 stamina, not 6? Well, I was right. It breaks down like this:

Click to reveal..
Etris started at 7.

He used two on a sunray, taking him down to 5.

He then spent another two on a force blast, for a total of 3.

Then one stamina got spent on a sunray, bringing the total to 2.

Then he lost two from nearly bleeding to death, hitting 0.

Finally, he rested slightly, going back up to 3.

Just to keep things fair and square.

Anyway, I'm suddenly glad I'll be there for the next session, for some reason. tongue