The Labyrinth RP

Ephesos

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...erm, lemme explain that. The Stamina loss I tend to inflict when a character hits 0 HP is simply meant to add a bit more gravity to the situation. I do not intend to ever kill a person by this method*, it's just to prevent healing from bringing a character back up to full like nothing ever happened. So Etris would never have dropped to 0/0, because I wouldn't have done that. Even if the timing had called for it, I would've nudged the rolls. tongue

Also, don't forget that the States are off of DST now, so the start time is 5 PM CST.

Also! Conall, Temmyn, and Lindy all need to level up!

* - Unless they're being really, really stupid.

Go go gadget... level-upper device. Huh.

(And, of course, I don't know what the current HP is. Full?)

Click to reveal..

Name: Conall Strongarm

Race: Human

Strength: 6

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 1

HP: ??/28 (+6)

Skills:

-Martial (Club): 5

-Intimidate: 2

-Nature: 4

-First Aid: 1

-Blind Rage: 1 (+1)

Items:

A large metal bar.

Two halves of a single-handed club.

A leather whip.

A bearskin loincloth.

So, the new skill needs some explaining, since it's not one of the stock ones. Basically when Conall uses it, he gets worked up into a rage, which grants a 3-round buff giving +1 to hit, and -1 to dodge. By burning stamina, he can increase the bonus he gets, just like every other ability.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
...erm, lemme explain that. The Stamina loss I tend to inflict when a character hits 0 HP is simply meant to add a bit more gravity to the situation. I do not intend to ever kill a person by this method*, it's just to prevent healing from bringing a character back up to full like nothing ever happened. So Etris would never have dropped to 0/0, because I wouldn't have done that. Even if the timing had called for it, I would've nudged the rolls. tongue

Let me see if I follow you.

A PC isn't dead at 0 HP if they still have stamina. Stamina loss from being at 0 HP won't ever take stamina down to 0, and obviously they can't spend stamina on anything else while incapacitated. How can a PC ever die? (Whitout being really stupid, I mean, which admittedly is a pretty big reservation with us.)

Also, I can't make it tonight. If someone else wants Kaval, they can have him. Otherwise, he'll wander off on his own.

Originally Posted By: Sarachim
How can a PC ever die? (Whitout being really stupid, I mean, which admittedly is a pretty big reservation with us.)

By being thrown into a starry portal? By being left in a deep pit? By a metal bar to the head after offering to sell one more hat? tongue

Edit: Also, just realised. I'm out at work until 11:30 GMT (which is 5:30 CST, right?) I know that sessions haven't started until then on occasion anyway, but I didn't want everybody to be waiting around for me to arrive.

Let me see if I follow you.

A PC isn't dead at 0 HP if they still have stamina. Stamina loss from being at 0 HP won't ever take stamina down to 0, and obviously they can't spend stamina on anything else while incapacitated. How can a PC ever die? (Whitout being really stupid, I mean, which admittedly is a pretty big reservation with us.)

Let me clarify. What I meant was that I'm not mean enough to have a PC go down to 0 HP and then lose a fatal amount of Stamina in the same turn, which would prevent them from doing anything about it. On the other hand, if you go down to 0 HP and 1 Stamina, then your companions let you bleed out over the next round or two, you are dead.

(And I'll have something for Kaval and Temmyn, no worries. We might have to start the session with a bit of flash-forward, though.)

EDIT: Also, updated the campaign page.

Session #7 is over, the log will be up shortly.

John gets to level up!

EDIT: The log is up! I apologize, I removed the conversation about Bowie being creepy... in the words of Liane, "Enough of that, nobody likes to think about that." And now, the quotes:

Click to reveal..
  • Lindy: "Thuja, you still want an unconscious shark to ride?"
  • Thuja: "Gah! Shark rabies!"
  • Etris: "You know, I wonder if this forest ever actually ends."
  • Conall: "Excuse us, pink dog-men?"
  • John: "I forgot! Who wants hats!"
  • Firx: "We would wish you luck, but we are not sentimental."

Last but not least, the new calendar is up. Just think... we're heading into the eight session! How cool is that?

Hey, another quick bump. The following people have leveled up but haven't sent me any changes to their character:

-Duck

-Aran

And the following people should throw their dates on the calendar, or I'm setting the date for the next session without them:

-Aran

-Dikiyoba

Now unveiling John 3.0!

Click to reveal..

Name: John - Level 3

Race: Human

Alignment: Greedy

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 5

HP: 13 (13)

Stamina: 8

Martial (Razor-rimmed throwing hat): 3

Bluff: 4

Diplomacy: 4

Items:

-6 razor-rimmed throwing hats

-Fish-hat

-Bronze breastplate

-Torch

Alright, folks. The votes are in, and next session is Tuesday, November 10th, 5PM CST. If it's at all possible, I'd love to make Tuesdays a regular thing.

Also, fun fact. This campaign is a little past halfway done (pending major screwups), and I'm starting to turn my attention to a new campaign. Ideally, it would start shortly after the new year. I've got a prototype world on the shelf that I've been brainstorming for, and... well, I'll talk about this more as Labyrinth draws to a close. Interested parties should keep in touch.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
Um, of course. If all goes according to plan, my idea is to have two parties running at once. Separate sessions, naturally.
Congratulations! You've found the Head of Vecna!

That sounds like a lot of work. Very cool, but a lot of work.

I'd love to play too, but I doubt I'd have the time... :-(

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan

Once again, and I feel like I keep having to say this... I am not that mean. As awesome as it would be. tongue

And not even when January rolls around, Dinti?

(Also, I finally updated the page that contains all of the rules.)

If you want to play now, you could always show up as a spectator and wait to sub in for somebody. That takes less time, and there's much less commitment. We could probably use the help, since SD turned out to be crazy.

SD played John particularly well, though.

I forgot to level up after Wdueck's substituting.

Quote:
Character Sheet

Name: Temmyn C. Backus

Profession: Tinker

Level: 3

Alignment: Introverted-Naive

Attributes

STR: 2

DEX: 3

INT: 5

Hitpoints: 14/14 (L2 +2, L3 +2)

Speed: 5

Stamina: 10/10

Skills

Perception: 2

Artifice: 4

Martial (Wrench): 3 (L2 +1)

Magic (Evocation): 3 (L3 +1)

Magic (Divination): 3 (L2 +1, L3 +1)

So, Temmyn and Kaval just had a side-session to account for where they've been. And, like every session so far, it has been logged.

Without further ado, I present Temmyn and Kaval's Bogus Side-Session!

Two quotes ought to sum it up:

Click to reveal..
  • Temmyn: "Okay, another catastrophe narrowly averted. Business as usual..."
  • Kaval: "As much as I enjoy godlike power, I've had enough for now."
Also, Temmyn gets to level up again, which will bring him in line with the rest of the party. smile

See you all Tuesday!