Sign in to follow this  
Ephesos

The Labyrinth RP

We tried to reach a consensus on the next session last night, but we failed miserably.

Time to start throwing out dates until enough people okay them.

Or we could just do a process of elimination, and see what date crops up as most available.

Personally, any time before 6:00 PM EDT (5:00 PM CDT) won't work for me. Tuesday is also out (NCIS premiere), but any other day will work.

As for preferred dates: Saturday and Sunday would work the best for me. But any day that's not Tuesday will suffice.

For me, weekdays after 5:00 PM Eastern work best, except for Thursday, when it would have to be more like 8:00 PM.

Thank you Dinti! I knew of that site, and have used it in the past... I just couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Players, go here. Pick the days that work for you.

If you want to join, the best approach is to:

1) Send me a character.

2) Be at the next session.

3) Wait until I drop your character into the story.

Of course, we're at 5 people right now, so unless people start failing to show up, or keep leaving their character uncontrolled for several hours at a time *cough* duck *cough*... yeah. I'm not sure this can take 6 players at a time just yet.

Oh, and I will do my best to post characters soon, including inventories. And I'll have decided how to dole out more HP/skill points/etc.

You're always welcome to stop by as a spectator. They get to play every now and again without making a new character. Don't know how it'd work with your schedule though. It'd be like 5am-12noon for you.

Spectators are always welcome. In fact, they've really kept the game running smoothly when people have to step away.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos

I'm not sure this can take 6 players at a time just yet.

Okay then I would spectate if you don't mind

Originally Posted By: The Ghost of Jewels
You're always welcome to stop by as a spectator. They get to play every now and again without making a new character. Don't know how it'd work with your schedule though. It'd be like 5am-12noon for you.

I know this it would be 4 AM or 5 AM in my time

(Living in other side of the world does sucks) tongue

(checks the calendar)

HAH.

...according to the scheduler, nothing in the next four weeks works. And that's just with four responses. tongue

Duck, are you really only free on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday? That's kind of killing us here.

...alright. So with all five recurring party members having voted, these are the days that work:

-Saturday, September 26th

Yes, that's the only one. Near-misses:

-Sunday, September 20th (Sarachim)

-Monday, September 21st (Nikki)

-Tuesday, September 22nd (Nioca)

So, unless someone sits out a session, or is willing to watch NCIS the next day online, the 26th is the earliest available option.

Personally, I really like that Tuesday, but I still don't have any serious constraints, so I can go with whatever.

It could also be taped (I love my DVR) or Etris could just be taken over by a spectator for an hour or two.

or is willing to watch NCIS the next day online,

I have dial-up. It'd take the better half of an entire day to just get the whole episode.

That said, I do have a VCR, so if worst comes to worst, I can just record it (honestly, I was expecting there to be quite a few more available dates). If it is on Tuesday, I'll be there.

Monday can work for me - it's just that I get home from work about a hour/a hour and a half after the session starts, and if I've been working for 9 or 10 hours this probably isn't the best way for me to unwind.

That said, if somebody could cover for me until I arrive, I'm fine with missing the first hour or so. And it'll mean Nioca gets to watch his show.

Your call, E (and I really like that Tuesday too :p).

Okay. So it now sounds like we're down to two:

-Monday, September 21st

-Tuesday, September 22nd

I'm inferring one vote for Monday (Nioca) and one for Tuesday (Nikki). Everybody else, vote. tongue

(Either one is fine by me, and both give me some time to prepare.)

...okay. The vote is relatively close, and the people who are actually affected by the outcome are evenly matched.

And the DM just realized he has plans Monday night. So, the next session will be Tuesday, September 22nd, 5pm CDT. Bring your good luck, you will likely need it.

Also! I have divined a method for "leveling up". The characters eligible for that are Etris, Lindy, Conall, John, and Kaval. (Cumulo was only in one session, Thuja none)

To "level up", do this:

1. Add your Strength score in HP. So John, who had 1 Strength and was at 5/10 HP, would go up to 6/11 HP.

2. Pick one of these four:

• Increase one Ability (Str/Dex/Int) by 1.
  • Learn a new skill at level 1.
  • Gain a rank in two skills.
  • Gain two ranks in one skill.
Capiche?

I know that even though I always end up playing, I'm not technically a regular player, but for what it's worth I will not be available Tuesday. frown

Have fun, though. Hope you guys get enough players.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Just popping in here, but I would suggest picking two of the above four. Kthxbai.

I did not do this because it would make skill training ugly. Uglier.

I've missed out on so much! Well, I'll spectate the next session on the 22nd if I can.

Never actually played D&D (or any DM-based roleplaying game, really), but the transcript of Nikki and Eph sounds fun. Maybe I can join in at some future session.

So my character sheet should now look like this?

Click to reveal..
Name: Etris Tanner

Race: Human

Alignment: Neutralish

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 5

Health: 13/13 (+3)

Speed: 5

Stamina: 7/10

Magic (Force): 4 (+1)

Magic (Light): 2

Magic (Divination): 1

Magic (Elemental Lore): 1

Martial (Shortswords): 3 (+1)

Bluff: 2

Artifice: 2

ITEMS

Shortsword

Large Trout

Yellow Soporific Spores (Saps stamina)

Also, and it's something I just noticed: Why isn't there a Defense or Parry skill? It just occurs to me that there's no defensive skills, which fighters will probably start noticing as they face harder enemies. Or is it incorporated as part of their Martial skills?

Yes, that is fine.

Hm. Yeah. Defense was kind of thrown together on the fly. I wanted it to be similar to D&D but simpler, and you're right... I left out a way for anyone to train in defense without simple maximizing their Dex at character creation (*cough* Cumulo!).

So I'm going to go with "There isn't a Defense or Parry skill because nobody has trained in it yet."

I can speculate for Tuesday but will need to go do some other things for a bit in the middle of it but then I'll be back. Just like I always do.

Click to reveal.. (Lindy's upgrade)
Name: Lindy

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 7
HP: 11/11 (+1)
Stamina: 6/10

Skills:
-Magic (Healing Arts): 6 (+2)
-Religion: 2
-Nature: 1
-First Aid: 3

Items:
Magical Staff (Can be a light source.)
Length of cloth. 2' x 8'
Two meals worth of soggy food.
Bag with 5 potions. (Only to be used in the direst of straits. DM can prompt a playing spectator to use if really needed.)

I hope that my increase in magical skill will offset the stamina drain for all the new hit points that may need to be restored.

Click to reveal..

Name: Conall Strongarm

Strength: 6
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 1
HP: 16/16 (+6)

Skills:
-Martial (Club): 5 (+1)
-Intimidate: 2
-Nature: 4 (+1)

Items:
One single-handed wooden club.
A leather whip.
A bearskin loincloth.

The characters eligible for that are Etris, Lindy, Conall, John, and Kaval. (Cumulo was only in one session, Thuja none)

Etris was only in one session as well, though.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Etris was only in one session as well, though.

Yes, but at least his controller was around for the entire session. And Etris has actually done things. So I'm calling it close enough.

Click to reveal..
Name: Kaval

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 1
HP: 13/13 (+3)
Stamina: 9/10

Skills:
Martial (improvised weapons): 4
Stealth: 3
Artifice: 2
Nature: 1
Defense/Parry: 1 (+1)

Inventory:
Bone spear
Torch

Duck, you've really got to start letting us know these things ahead of time.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Alternatively, Dikiyoba could introduce her character (since SD will also be away).

I much prefer this.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Alternatively, Dikiyoba could introduce her eir character (since SD will also be away).

I much prefer this.

So would Dikiyoba.

Weekday evenings have gotten worse for me in general due to some on-call work I'm doing with my old agency. Also, thanks to some annoying construction-related parking restrictions in my neighborhood, I'm getting up and going to bed earlier. So I might be able to make it for a session, but it's better not to plan around me. Feel free to pass Cumulo on to somebody else, remove him entirely, or keep him in DM-stasis as you prefer.

Session 3 has ended, the log will be up shortly.

Nothing more fun than watching people try to kill their own characters.

Yay for leveling!

Click to reveal..
Name: Thuja Goaway

Alignment: Misanthropic

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 2

HP: 14/14

Stamina: 10/10

Martial (Axe): 4

Martial (Boomerang): 4

Nature: 3

Perception: 1

Stealth: 1

Inventory:

1 stone axe

5 boomerangs (Note: Must be retrieved rather than returning automatically.)

Dikiyoba.

Hey Duck, in case you were thinking about what skills to upgrade for John, I recommend two to bluff. I don't know which skills you prefer but bluff has certainly been my bread and butter. tongue