Plot holes, etc. of The Triple Valley

Xaiya

Reading the reviews of my own scenario, I realized that I made quite a bit of mistakes that I didn't realize upon working on it (and not giving a through reading of the beta testers notes...better than before but I still need to work on that bit).

Now for the spoilers...

Click to reveal..
Ok so you guys have no idea why that guy was trying to "assassinate" the "mayor". I realize now that I hadn't fully explained right. The "mayor", was revieled to be just another Darkling. It was the whole entire time, and the "assassin" and him were attempting to trick the party into thinking that something was up and the "mayor" was to direct them to the source. Which I purposely made his dialogue small and utterly rediculous because the creature itself was of little intelligence.

And about the portal in the town...I forgot to take it out. Yes, I know. Stupid me. It just gives to show to remember every detail, every corner...or you might leave something in....

The design. Yes, it's crappy. But hey, it's a huge improvement over MnH if you look at it. With MnH, I just sprayed random terrain most of the time. With TTV, I put more effort...yet it just goes to show that I'm not that great at it. I need practice on that.

The plot. I attempted to explain plot while making it secretive in the process...which I realize that it utterly failed. Though if I am up to making future scenarios after the events of this one, I may explain it more in detail (as well as explaining the final cutscene). And overall I need to work on my details. I'll bug my sister next time.

The combat. I never realized it was interesting tongue

Yeah yeah I'm spamming up your poor BoA forum. I was in the mood for saying something about this so I did. If there's anything else you want to know I'd be happy to answer.

[/rant]

You know, you can always release an updated version of your scenario to correct plot mistakes or clarify things that players misunderstood. You don't have to do so if you don't want to, but you also can if you don't feel that your scenario is living up to its full potential. The major alternative, which you seem to allude to above, is to just take the mistakes you made and learn not to make them again, which is certainly a key skill in any line of work.

I'll echo what Niemand says. TTV is a huge improvement over MnH, yes, but if you feel you could've made TTV even better, there's nothing stopping you from making a few alterations and releasing it as a new version.

If you do that, just be sure to clearly change the version number of the scenario, so that people know which version they are playing. smile

• 2 weeks later...