A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wand dosn't need to be toned down. You say it has six charges and will contuie to travel forever until something is dead. You did not specify the size of the thing thats dead. A skilled shaper could easily shape a fyora and use it as a sheild from the magic.

I will admit it is powerful in its own right but defence against it seems simple enough. The first person it's used against will be unaware but the final person will be able to easily defend themself.

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
That wand dosn't need to be toned down. You say it has six charges and will contuie to travel forever until something is dead. You did not specify the size of the thing thats dead. A skilled shaper could easily shape a fyora and use it as a sheild from the magic.

Shaping takes time. Directing a creature takes time. Time that, if a bolt of death is coming at you, you don't have. At any rate, being able to gat a faction leader in one shot regardless of shields or wards is overpowered. What's to stop Dantius from sending out a few civilian-esque agents, getting close to the enemy leaders, and then using that wand to pick them all off (sort of like what he's doing now)?

Instant death, regardless of whether it can be blocked, is too much. Make it a crapton of damage, or some such similar. But knocking even the most powerful character or creature out in a single hit is too much, regardless of how many or few charges it has.

Originally Posted By: Nefarian
um is there a place where i make my own faction or do i just add a post and jump right in

I'm not sure at this point. Akrovan/Jarkhiss would have to answer that one I think. The only places left are Greyghoast, Half of Nodye, Not sure about Bourwood and parts of Illya. That said since Triumph has oficailly withdrawn I wouldn't object to you taking over his faction. With your own changes of course. smile

About that wand I see your point, instant death is overkill. Still, imagine someone using a Fyora as a sheild. Poor thing tongue

EDIT: Just realised that techincally a blade of grass and a dustmite is also life. Or does the wand dimicrminate about moble or plant life targets? Sorry I am just being picky right now cos its fun.

Sorry that I dropped off the earth for two days. Went to the Jay-Z charity concert in New York City for 9/11, then went around the city the next day. If in the event I do actually drop off for more then a week or so (I doubt this, but just to be safe), consider Nioca the replacement "mod" for the RP.

T.E.: Indeed, that item is to powerful. Please bring it to heal; maybe an extremely effective stunner? But instant-kill things are pretty much always broken one way or another.

Nefarian: I'm not sure there's any place you can move in just quite yet. All of the area's are either gonna be taken over by somebody, or already controlled. Wait a few weeks and see if someone loses (lets face it; everyone's pretty much gunning for each other, we're bound to start killing people). Or, you can go settle the "other" Shaper continuant (not the whole thing) if you really want to play. I don't see how you can actually interact with people though)

About the time-thing; if people stop posting, then their faction basically goes into "hibernation." Everything else continues to move fine, but they pretty much become docil and can't act. If enough time goes by, then that faction breaks up and is officially considered an NPC faction.

GK: I wrote that you were to send them by boat...

I don't think it's as much of a time issue as it is a 'controlling player decides they don't want to play anymore' thing. This RP has been going rather fast IMO. It wouldn't be unusual for an 'active' RP to sit for a week without any posts. Or a month... or three...

So really, I wouldn't consider any faction as NPC unless it was originally a NPC faction or the player specifically said they were going to sit out the rest of the game. And even then, I still make it a practice to get interactions approved by the faction's/character's non active player.

Right. I will change my wand to the a wand of neural disruption. It will:

1.Stun

2.Do (as Nioca put it so well) a crapton of damage

3.Remove all buffs on the target

4.Curse, slow, weaken the target

5.Surround the target with a lightning aura

6.Still ineffective against Gazers

That should equalize it quite a bit, while still having it be very powerful.

Not really. It is still basically instant death, but instead of instant its 2 seconds. Your stunning them, while removing all shields and buffs, while they are being slowed weakened and cursed and being shocked with lighthing aura while they are already taking a crapload of damage from the second ability.

I think that you should either take out one or 2 more of the abilities

That works. Thanks

How about that. Stun, damage, and debuff. It is supposed to be as powerful as possible while not turning the point of the RP into a game of "lets-devote-all-of-our-resources-into-getting-Dantius'-wand!"

Oh, and when I say "massive damage" I mean that, to a creatur with no magic resist (like a Cryodrake) it would do 700-800 damage. That's not too powerful, since a kill spell from one of my Gazers in my shaper run through did over 600 damage a few times

Originally Posted By: Nefarian
but what if i create a nomad guerrila faction then? a stealthy group that just wanders about and picks favorable fights

Lol, does geneforge have gorillas. Only have number 5 and the demos of the rest. *Gasp* How will I ever take over the east?

To easy to kill if they are nomads. With nowhere to run in danger al factions could 'Kill on sight'. You really need a stronghold of sorts.

How about underground seacaves? A very large one is discovered somewere and dosn't interfare with the geography of the rest of terrestia? Otherwise I can't think of anything. Was thinking about a flying city but that just won't do.

Read the Entire RPIC first. See how others intorudeced themselves and do so in a smiller manner.

PHEW that post was almost a nightmere. Co-ordiating with two people across different timezones is a challenge. A bit worried about when everyone needs to be delt with. I changed the center a bit so excuse some mistakes.

Hey just figured out how to set the Forum time to my timezone. I have a 16 hour offset to forum standard. Yay, I can finally see when people respond to meh.

Doctors and Arterials fight under one banner now just to be clear, although Artemis does claim ownership over her army.

So Dantius, when you ask for spies I will assume you will be bribing Artemis to give you privte Doctor info? Well I must object but techinaccly I know nothing of these secret delings so I'm powerless.

Curse not being able to claim knowledege of events inexplicably!

No sweetie, We're trading spies for power. Artemis Kinda assumed that you would automatically increase your troop count, or PM me the changes you made to the remainder of Mine and Hypno's army. Artemis Apologises for the confusion.

And this arragement happened a couple weeks ago, right here on the OOC...Artemis assumes before you came. wink

Congrats on the timezone feat! I got tired of trying to figure out what time it was in New Zeland. well, at least you're not suddenly in the middle of nowhere after living in the Bronx for half of your life! smile [i STILL LOVE YOU NEW YORK!]

I disagree, spies are an integral part of Terrestian politics- we see that throughout every game in the entire series. Besides, the use of spies would hardly influence the game nearly as much as not having them, as spying to gain info would basically be reading other's IC posts.

-Dantius, who feels that having assassins would completely reshuffle the way the game is played. But we don't, so oh well.

Yeah, that's right. I just pulled an Alorael. WHAT!

Originally Posted By: Jarkhiss Blaze
...No spies. Really, that has too much possibility to be abused. Not unless you tell the person your spying on who the spies are. And that goes for EVERYONE.

Ahem here is were it says no spies. So hence my statement. How are your spies gonna work?

-Hypnotic, Who whishes he could do this but he does not posess the required vocabulary

If spies are limited to that, I'm sure that would be okay.

Acrovan might be trying to finish his G5 story on Sarah the Loylist. It was good until she stoped somewere in Mera.

Or mabey he belives he has turned into his twin counterpart Jarkhiss and is now robbing a bank with his imagniary shaped creations.

Speculations however are very rearly correct. smile

Schools been challenging, so my overall activity on the forums is going to decrease a fair much for the next few weeks. Between that, work, a new girlfriend, and a stubborn couch that doesn't seem to understand the phrase "I can not come on Saturday", I've been busy. But fear not, servants; I will grace you with my presence regardless.

About the spies: I misspoke before, and I apologize. What I should of said was no ASSASINS, not spies period. And of course, you have to have some knowledge of what people are doing.

Quote:
ACROVAN! Post, you incompetent fool! [/evil overlord]

Another overlord? I don't think we have enough minions.

Quote:
Basically, they will discover any info posted in your IC posts, except for sooper seekrit negotiations (like mine with Kov)

Right. Hmm, that reminds me. I never said anything about lying/betrayal.

Alright people, might I bring to your attention the Spiderweb Roleplay Wiki? Most of you have accounts there, but it still lacks articles on:

Drypeak Serviles

Learned Fand

Warmaster Sahz

Sholai Renegades

Lord Kov

The Doctors

Councillor Vaughn

New Takers

It also has incomplete articles on:

Jarkhiss Blaze

Artemis

Arterials

ESC

Shaper New Order

The Eyes

Since I feel it would be a tremendous breach of ettiquite to edit another's Rp article, I will merely point to what I feel are the model articles: Grandmaster Dantius for bios, and Drypeak Confederacy for factions

Thanks.