A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Artemis + Hynotic = Did you work out the battle at Perkalia in a PM? Thats how you're meant to do it.

Yep, that actually does make sence.

Artimis, regardless of the disrepectable hour of your message I still will only receive it when I wake up.

Hmm I guess for now the stalemate contiunes until we work it out. It might just be me but does anyone else think that the storm plains should have something else other than Perkalia? Mabey Hatra is rebuilt into Hatra-Uss or something.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised I made a small whoops. 500 doctors lined up in 3 rows outside Perkailia. So at some point 2 doctors splint into 3rd's and sent part of themselve on each line. I hope the Arterials arn't picky about fighting either the left or right side of something. Or mabey the will fight the Legs with no body.

@Artemis: Ahh that clears it up. Judging by your message "I should get offended more often" followed by a laugh I was a bit confused. Btw I like my timezone, one of the first countrys to start a new day!

@Nicoa: You said the Drakons have taken over Mera. Master Ackrovans first post said that Mera was in ruins. Bit confused about the reality.

Its good for the purposes of this game. I am honestly afraid of the Drakons/Sholai. I like the secretiveness of your Drakons. They are rather underhanded and cut thorat but very efficeint. Being a Drakon do you have any Idea of what the remaining Drakon lords are upto? I mean they can't all be dead yet. NPC darkons in Dera reaches making intellegnt plants, tell me your plans! (I know but you don't).

If I ever do win the storm plains I will be caught between a rock and a hard place of where to go next. frown Artie, please reply to my PM's so I can finishes typing my Perkaila Post!

Hypnotic: Of course, I am not completely sure what they are up to. But I guess I can humor you.

In Burwood, Pythargorass is trying his best to turn his city, Poryphra-Uss, into as big a fortress as he can. Markwakith is pushing his army back quickly, however.

The Dera Reaches heat must have gotten to some of those Drakons. Researching mere plants is highly unconventional.

The Drakons in Illya were perparing for battle with the Sholai against Spddins Shapers. Not that they were pushed back, the Sholai will ferry them north to bolster the New Takers ranks.

So that leaves the Drakon Lords in the Grayghost Mountains. They're about to be attacked by the Eyes, but I don't think that will go off without a hitch. Afterall, Grayghost has Northforge, and Northforge means Unbound and lots of them.

Spddin: How do you conquor an entire province, filled with Drakons who are likely making creations plus their serviles, and only loose "Several Human soldiers and one Guardian,"? Its not like they would gather in one place out in the open and go "Duh, lets fight here!" No they would spread out and defend cities, not just one place. Seriously, try keeping in mind that even though their NPC's, they're still dangerous. There's a reason I didn't rush ahead to take eastern Terrestia you know.

Lol my request was Sarcastic but thanks for the Info. You never can tell sarcasim on the internet.

The Doctors Will be telling their tale of Perkila this afternoon. Gotta go to school yet. Artie has told me of some rather erm odd ideas that will be in the upcoming battle.

And I will reveal the plans for the plants: This information isn't going to be released for sometime and will ruin the surprise so read at your own caution!

Click to reveal..
Drakons are making plants to test a new resistance. They have develpoed a way to magic the skin absorb magic and replace lost eessence. Putting this on any mobile creation could result in a difficult battle should the creation go rouge, regardless of how simple the creation is. Drakons from the Dera reaches fled here to protect this research as the next step is to apply it to themselves.

Just as a note, my negotiations with the Gazers, and with the Drakons, are hush-hush.

In fact, I think everyone needs to know this: If you don't have a reasonable way of finding out (such as having someone from your faction there) you shouldn't be able to find out about things other factions are doing. Such as, for example, when I Shaped the Presence. It's just bad roleplaying etiquette.

Golden king:Spies...Shapers can shape a creation as small as a fly and you might not even know that it is there watching you...but i do see your point.

I have edited my post, nothing is the same except for the first paragraph and the Diologue with Rayne about us needing allies. Its a good read. Well atleast i think so

As a point of fact, I do have spies in Okavano. That said, they wouldn't know anything about what was discussed. Only that there was in fact discussion going on.

Anyway, I agree with you, Goldenking. But keeping something like the Presence secret is nigh-impossible when you're throwing it at the enemy. How many creations can do what it's doing? Nor does it help when Kov's shouting about it to the heavens.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Anyway, I agree with you, Goldenking. But keeping something like the Presence secret is nigh-impossible when you're throwing it at the enemy. How many creations can do what it's doing? Nor does it help when Kov's shouting about it to the heavens.

That would be something I wouldn't expect to be a secret, anymore, at this point. I was more referring to the Presence in its early days, before it was used so extensively.

Also, for future reference, my faction is going to be splitting in two around Kov and the Presence in the Near Future .

Originally Posted By: Shaper Spddin
"Our sources in the dera reaches indicate a faction has risen up."?

I don't think someones happy with me. Anyway I think they're scouts not spies that give that info. I'm pretty sure every faction has some scouts checking on things. So i'm not against that.

In my first post I think I said I had two secret bases. I do infact have two secret bases. One in Aziraph, where there are no docoters due to Eye-beasts slaying them thinking they were lifecrafters oh well. My second one is well a secret. Just as a note. My secret bases are about the size of the Large house burrired undergound. Just for use as a safehouse.

But that,like spies has a huge potential to be abused. Im talking about the secret bases,not scouts.

Also i changed a paragraph in my post. Ill just put it here so no one will have to look for it.

Quote:
The creature was very large, with a coat of thick blue scales and powerful wings that it somehow used to propel itself under water. This made Spddin wonder if it could fly as well. He concentrated on the croyember and told it to fly. As it lifted its wings out of the water, much of the liquid was thrown onto the land and towards Spddin. The massive creature started to flap and it was air borne. When it landed on the soft terrestian earth next to Spddin, it was standing upright. He could sense the magic that surrounded the creature, and if he had not been as powerful as he was, he wouldve been worried

Originally Posted By: Shaper Spddin
Hey guys. I know this really isnt that important but i found a reference to teleportation magic that took someone several miles in G3. Agatha...she teleported all of her Shapers out of the Prison, even on low power. I still see why it isnt smart or fair to use it on the Rp, but im just saying...

Uh, some corrections. The text described her as having a lot of power at that point, so it wasn't done when she was low on power. Also, it never mentioned just how far she was teleported; for all we know, it could have been just outside the complex.

Whew, made my IC post. Kind of long since I haven't been keeping up with you guys as well as I'd like to.

If Goldenking or Artemis have any problems with my post, please let me know. Your characters made appearances in it. I hope you approve. It's kind of late at night now where I live, and I wanted to get this up before going to bed so I didn't PM you with it first like I normally would have.

What is the time scale on this game? Currently two weeks has past for shaper Spddin and his army. Now they are going to Drypeak. Meanwhile the seige of Perkalia has taken place over about 2-3 Days. All of these events are running concurrently. So my question is this. Should we make each post be a maximum of a Day or two just let things play how they like?

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
What is the time scale on this game? Currently two weeks has past for shaper Spddin and his army. Now they are going to Drypeak. Meanwhile the seige of Perkalia has taken place over about 2-3 Days. All of these events are running concurrently. So my question is this. Should we make each post be a maximum of a Day or two just let things play how they like?

The concept is referred to as fluid time. That is to say, things go how fast they need to go. Just so long as there aren't massive discrepancies, like the Sholai being a year ahead of everyone else, than it works.

Thanks, I supposed it dosn't matter too much. Execpt for mabey the serviles that will have to write this story in Chronological order.

Yay, Doctors are going to rule all of Terrest...., no actually for now it looks like Dera reaches. We can't even beat a bunch of farmers. frown

Oh well at least we have our Health.

Oh so punny. smile

I imagine that in the end, no one faction will win, but a coalition will emerge victorious. That's why in my next post, Councilor Fand will be meeting with the Doctors, and Councilor Vess with the Sholai envoy. smile

Spoilers from my latest post:

Click to reveal..
It will probably be a while before either Fand or Vess discover that the entire rest of the Confederate Council has been destroyed. frown The nice thing about Confederacies is that they are not so reliant on a central government, consider Drypeak under the control of regional servile governors now, with just Fand and Vess speaking for them overall, much like how it's been the whole time, I guess.

Quote:
I have, in my possession, a most powerful artifact. Well, four of it, but it is still powerful, nonetheless. I like to call it the Wand of Annihilation. It will fire a beam of magic that will instantly kill that target, regardless of wards, shielding, health, or resistances. A Unbound would fall in a second to a novice equipped with this wand. It could slay the Icari or the Cryoember with ease. It will penetrate all shielding, and continue on a straight line forever until it kills something. It has six charges, each to be used as you please. However, I have built several safety features into it. Firstly, it cannot kill a gazer, or anyone with Gazer genes. Secondly, if an attempt to disassemble or magically probe the workings is made, it will detonate, killing all in the immediate area. Finally, in order to insure that this does not happen, after the final charge is used, a one hour timer is set in the wand. After it expires, the very same detonation will take place. Use it wisely, and sparingly as well.

No. Just no. That wand is way too powerful. Tone it back.

Three charges? That way it would be still useful, but not as powerful. Or, I could make it be ineffective against creatures with a high magic resistance, which would tone it down as well

I based it off the Wand of Death in NetHack, which will kill instantly unless you have a Resist Magic item equipped, so maybe making it have a chance of failure equal to magic resist would be... That's it! Hang on a moment.