A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

I thought that Gazaki-uss was built ON TOP of Gazaki-Uss.

oh, and I lost patience after 5 minutes of looking for that dumb map. I'm not a patient person and five whole minutes of searching for ANYTHING is a record for me. So i just thought "screw it. I guess we'll have to do without."

Effort counts in my book, though. smile

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one. The other one was actually in the Geneforge Series Forum, so that was my fault you couldn't find it.

And for the quotes themselves:

Originally Posted By: Ghaldring in Gazaki-Uss
I was made in these very mountains, a day's walk from here.

Originally Posted By: Tholosss
In Gazak-Uss, the old fortress, that has been expanded into Gazaki-Uss.

Dikiyoba.

Emperor: The map looks like a Risk board. Which, actually, sort of works. I think the areas should have their default names as well as who controls them, though.

Oh, and making it a .GIF would be a good idea. With the solid and simple colors, it'd look better than a .JPG, and be considerably smaller to boot. Actually, even a RLE-compressed bitmap would be smaller and look better.

Very clever! I could use the existing maps to make a whole one,[a very good one] if only I had my laptop. Oh well. Khyryk gets out of the shop on thursday. Lets just say that I know how to use the scaling and color augmenting very well on paint...

and I don't think that anyone else is going to join. I find it odd that it's been a whole day since anyone replied to this thread.

DEAL! Even a post that takes 10 minutes to make is worth revealing the characteristics of 'da MAGIC BALL. but you must tell me afterwards:

1. is it a girl?

2. is it green?

3. is it SQUISHY?!?!

4. does it have a spouse?

5. does it have cute little publix quarter machine baby balls?

i'm so freaking PUMPED!

I will caravan to the threshhold of the Spire of Archon and protest the mistreatment of my magic ball!

...that is, afer i figre out what i'm going to do next. 'member, I'm a creative writer in training, and the rest of you probably have a real good idea of what you're doing.

DARN MY YOUTH!!!!

OOOH i know. all the cool kids are doing it, so i guess i'll call a meeting and discuss our premature failure.

Spddin: You are aware that, in order to retake the Shaper Citadel, you'd have to get forces through the Storm Plains, up through one of the two mountain passes, and into Mera-Tev? Considering that's the only place the Citadel can be accessed from, taking Dera Reaches might be the easier task than marching through Drakon-infested territory and a choke-point the Drakons likely guarded well.

Quote:
No, the Citadel cab be accessed from Lethia or Nodye with ease, look at the map.
According to the territory map, yes. According to an actual map of Terrestria... not so much. It's the same way that the Whitespires can only be accessed from Mera-Tev, or Greyghost can only be accessed from Burwood.

Territory map probably needs to indicate where the natural barriers are.

Quote:
Nioca: You do remember that Drayks can't shape, right? Then how do you have Drayk Shapers?

The same way you had servile magicians in GF2. They were re-shaped to handle it. Note how its stated the Drayks were glowing (specially-built Drayk canisters or direct self-shaping would do the trick).

Quote:
According to the territory map, yes. According to an actual map of Terrestria... not so much. It's the same way that the Whitespires can only be accessed from Mera-Tev, or Greyghost can only be accessed from Burwood.

For Loyalists/Trakovites, you eventually get to vist the eastern part of the Shaper Citadel. When you talk to the Innkeeper, he says something like

Quote:
Yes, the other neighbor hoods of the Citadel get the best stuff. They're closer to the coast. Everything is better at the coast.

Not an exact quote, but something like that. Therefore, there are at least two different passes into the Citadel, one from Lethia and the other from Nodye.

Quote:
The same way you had servile magicians in GF2. They were re-shaped to handle it. Note how its stated the Drayks were glowing (specially-built Drayk canisters or direct self-shaping would do the trick).

Your faction did that, or was it an eventual upgrade from the Drakons?

Quote:
Or other guidelines about where the game goes from here?

Well, the basic idea is to take your faction and react to the actions of the other factions. You want to win, assumingly to guarantee the continued survival of your faction. Exactly what your consider your win condition is up to you. For instance, the New Takers want to take complete control of Terrestia under a Drakon regime. I won't consider it a victory until said goal is achieved. How, and if, that plays out depends on what happens in the game.