A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

Okay but do keep in mind that it will be relativly easy to destroy you. Quick example run through:

Vlish blimp is flying towards the mainland.

A Gazer of Dantiuses is suspicious and shoots it.

Vlish blimb has a hole and starts to sink.

Sorry, all your layers of clothes drag you down.

Tyrant gone and ashen isles are saved. smile

Of course it is never to late to change a few details.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First it is quite easy for him to loose his heavy clothing.

Second The vlish blimps are decently armored and arrayed. while not invincible attacking a large number in formation without comparable forces is dangerous.

Thirdly the vlish blimps inflation sacks are a sponge like material that consist of thousands of tiny sacks instead of just one big one to give it some resistance to popage

Simpley because we dont know its weakness. We can only find out its weakness if we attack it which is basically just me right now. I cant find out its weakness because it retreated when it fought me.

I say ember because I am to lazy to write cyroemeber all the time. It works though cos you know what I am on about.

Okay I will try and type Cyroemeber from now on. At least in the IC

First does anyone have any objections to me attacking white spire?

second Spddin it just comes across to me that Cryoemeber is just too much. Their are few examples of things more powerful then unbound that could be controlled. Titans in the pit might be the only one because I can't remember if he could control it or not. Everything that powerful in the geneforge world is either went rouge killing a lot of things or was extremely hard to control, without exception.

Instead I recommend you coming up with a strategy involving more then just throwing the most powerful creature you got at it.

Well as you know from our talk that whitespires is a perfect target for you so no objections. Just talk with Acky first since he may be attacking there also.

We had the huge talk about Cryoembers. Belive it or not this is the toned down version of them. occording to G5 the unbound couldn't be contolled but these new versions for the Rp can.

Things with intellegnce go rouge as (Geneforge) history proves. All of Spddins creations have huge intellegnce but are "Loyal" so don't go rouge. I am imagining a slider right now that is broken. Under normal circumstances its either set at loyal on one end and intelegnce at the other. Cryoemebrs have both so I don't see how it works but appernatly it does.

Originally Posted By: Safey
Titans in the pit might be the only one because I can't remember if he could control it or not.

Shaper Monarch most definitely did not have the Titan under his control. He didn't have anything in the challenge area under control. (But Shaper Monarch wasn't exactly known for his ability to control what he created.)

Dikiyoba.

It's not a sliding scale of intelligence/loyalty. Servant minds are intelligent, some around human level, and extremely loyal. They're also little pigs in a basket, incapable of surviving on their own.

The rule is Don't Overpower. Flying, perfectly loyal, fire&ice-immune, physical-resistant, rune-skinned, ice- firing Drakons seem overpowered.

Originally Posted By: Lord Grey
The rule is Don't Overpower. Flying, perfectly loyal, fire&ice-immune, physical-resistant, rune-skinned, ice- firing Drakons seem overpowered.

You forgot immune to mental effects grin

Servent minds are intellengt and loyal because they have no choice. If they are not loyal they would die. In G5 when the servant mind gained the ower to shape, only then did it go rouge because it had the means to.

Serviles were made unintellegent and nearly all the smart ones went rouge.

All the qotes throught the series said that shapers wanted their creations dumnber so they were easier to control. Look at what happened with gazers drakons and drayks.

Your gazers are loyal to other Gazers + Dantius. It dosn't really count. It the same as a Shaper being Loyal to the shapers. Its expected.

Whats not expected is that an intellegent creation being loyal to the poeple who made it, even though they would kill it without a second thought if it came to it.

Nice post.

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
It the same as a Shaper being Loyal to the shapers. Its expected.

My shaper isn't loyal to the shapers.

Intelligence and implies that it can think for it self and if not throughly brain washed those thoughts aren't necessarily be approved. Even servant minds left alone long enough will go mad and rouge and their arguable the best example of a loyal intelligent creature.

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
Whats not expected is that an intellegent creation being loyal to the poeple who made it, even though they would kill it without a second thought if it came to it.

Butting in here a minute: What's so unexpected about that? If the creature is as intelligent as a human, it's fairly reasonable to assume that they'd also have an emotional range as well. Even if the creation knew that their creator meant nothing but ill, that creation might still be loyal for any number of psychological reasons.

Furthermore, the Geneforge games have it in canon that there's a bond between Creator and Creation, and that it's at least somewhat similar to the bond between parent and child. Therefore, it's not at all unreasonable that a new creation would be completely loyal, even if it's intelligent enough to know that the Creator meant nothing more than to harm it or let it die.

One last note: you seem to be mistaking Loyalty for Obedience. A person can be completely loyal to another, and still do things that fly in the face of what the other person wanted or commanded. The Icaran Talonfire was like this: It was completely loyal to Antares, but when it came right down to it, Talonfire made its own decisions.

Anyway, since I'm posting, I'd like to point out that Safey effectively lost any right to complain about someone else having overpowered stuff the second his Vlish blimp one-shotted Talonfire. Making a rough extrapolation, this means that a single tentacle slap from a vlish blimp does roughly 5000 damage (counting about 2500 in just HP, plus an additional 2500 to bypass resistances). Allow me to reiterate: A Vlish blimp is capable of one-hit-killing a creation that can take on an army of Unbound singlehandedly.

Meh. Back to you, Ackrovan.

Getting smacked by something as big around as a tree (a large tree)is going to have ill effect.

Keep in mind that particular section of that post was being told from the perspective of the overlord and just because he think talonfire is dead doesn't necessarily make it so but their is a fine line between being able to withstand something and coming away unscathed

Shaper safey: I said Shapers loyal to shapers is expected but does not always happen. There is a difference between What you thinks going to happen and what does (Doing probaliblity at school). The shapers themselves arn't a uniform group so some devitation to the rules does not make them disloyal.

Nicoa: Okay I see your point about Loyalty and obedince. Yes all the geneforges do have the creator and creation bond but how far does that strech and to whom does it apply to?

Drakons don't obey their creator nor are they loyal. Its all about persepctive and the case in point. For this we are talking about Cryoembers. They obey their masters, and are 100% loyal without a second thought while being intellignt to reason that they should have some free will, yet do nothing.

If any of the conclave survived it would be Ghaldring. So I'm willing to tolerate it. I also sorta of though he was above the conclave and never truly apart of it.

What gets me though is why is he in a weaken state. Aging happens because your genes deteriorate due to the cells making to many copies of them self. Changing them will help slow or even reverse this.

1. He survived by not being at Gazaki Uss.

2. He was still alive because of one of those life-preservers, like Alwan had.

3. As such, that would make it very difficult to travel.

4. So, he stayed in Quessa Uss, where he successfully escaped the death of the Conclave.

A fairly simple way to escape death... for a little while.

Originally Posted By: Dantius

2. He was still alive because of one of those life-preservers, like Alwan had.

I had been under the impression that excessive canister/geneforge/self-shaping use made one ageless. It was one of the base assumptions I made for the overlord. Gharlding went through many self shapings and getting old should not have been a problem for him.

Originally Posted By: Lord Safey
Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Dantius: Ghaldring is dead by age, not by murder.

My guy is one of the original Suci researchers so where does that put me?

Well Acky, in his first post, established it has been about a century after the end of the rebellion. Sucia was 200 years before the rebellion even started. Ghaldring is very old in the last few games, so put his age in the eighties, meaning that from the moment that Sucia was rediscovered, it's probably been another century. So, that's about 400 years since Danette was alive. Note that your guy would probably have to have been pretty well-established to be put on Sucia, so he's at least fifty. All in all, he's pushing 450. Please note I do not have a problem with this, just so long as you don't put him in the Danette-Definel-Corata triad, who are ALL dead.

Doctors have self shaped aging away so I'm no one to critisise. Although no canisters were used just very advanced genetic research.

Think I might introduce a pet for one of my leaders. Not sure if it will have any lasting effect. Dymas needs some hobbie aside from critisising everyone. Hmm mabey a pet ornk. They never do get enough attention.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Please note I do not have a problem with this, just so long as you don't put him in the Danette-Definel-Corata triad, who are ALL dead.

He was high enough to gain considerable access to all the research but still low enough to slip away unnoticed in the chaos of the abandonment of the island. So no I never intended for him to part of the triad.