A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capturing something is far more difficult then killing it. Specially if it prefers death to capture. Killing one is a moderate challenged for those properly arrayed. Taking one intact, specially when your power base is clear across the continent, will be most interesting.

I won't rule it out but you'll need to expend a good deal of power and display a good deal of ingenuity. It will not be a cake walk.

They each have a servant mind hook in which serve as the mind without it all a vlish blimp can do is breath. The only two parts of the brain left in vlish blimp are those that control vitals and the telepathy (which considerably enhances the telepathic powers of who is hooked in)

I was watching the movie "Stardust" today (Well again), and then I realised I knew I had hear the name "Stormhold" before. So I got thinking, would anyone mind me mentioning small captaions of the movie here?

I was thinking that mabey the Doctors are looking around Perikalia and find a mysterious wall with a hole in it. When the Doctors use farsight they come upon a magic world called England. Their free veiws and unfathoamble sports baffel the Doctors and thus the wall must be destoryed as it violates some of the old shaper ways. Also some of their weaponry is frighting.

Of course this would not chnage the Doctors but will make an interesting post.

Feel free. Its not like any of us oficially know you yet and If we do then we don't know your threat. Since you won't be interferring with us I think you can go ahead.

I was going to say something along these lines in my next post but since Safey is moving fast I think its best I say it now.

Click to reveal..
I have Kratoa-Kel. ESC Forces down the south end of Mera are consoldating West since its easier for them to defend and with the Drakons in the east, they don't want to risk it. With their leader dead, Concentrated forces are better than Dilute. Doctors do not yet have Lermans pass though.

It looks like Arckrovan will have more Influence over what happens there as his forces do ocupy the Easteren part of Mera.

I might Have a slight Influence for the Forts in south Mera.

Spddin will likley only effect them after he has delt with me.

Regardless you will be stepping on Either ESC or The Takers toes if you advance to Mera.

The were Half Allys. There Veiwpoints are too contradictory for any lasting relationship. For now it would work but a future blow out would be ineveitable.

Still it would work quite well. Spddin only Allied with ESC as he really didn't have much choice left.

Drakons, Gazers and Serviles were out from the start. Decleared open hostility towards me for nabbing Dera before him. It was ESC or Arterials but by then the Arterials and Doctors became one.

I suppose the Sholai was an option but the Geneforge and pressence kinda killed Allied possibilitys.

Well I was expecting desperation to force a shotgun wedding though it may not stop a divorce later. Spddin is arguably stretched thin and well the ESC hasn't heard so much as a peep from their head quarters. Spddin can provide them with a base of operations and they can provide him with the forces he needs to not suffer major setbacks.

My alliance with the Doctors seems to work out nicely since we're in agreement principle-wise. Serviles govern serviles and humans govern humans. It's not that my serviles are racist, they're just very wary of humanity, for obvious reasons. I was actually quite pleased at how progressive the Doctors seem to be. Hopefully, it's not a ruse. wink

As for the Sholai, I'll probably be taking the rest of their lands soon, before moving North to... the Gazers? When was the last map update?

I can't decide whether my latest post was clever or terribly cheesy. I had my America's Founding class on the brain when I wrote it. Oh, well. Looking forward to meeting the Eyes, at least. smile

Edit: Also, to whomever has the map editing capabilities: I have Drypeak, Illya, and now the Forsaken Lands. I've also renamed my faction... again... to the United Provinces of Terrestia.

For the map update Doctors have the Stormplains and the Dera reaches. The Arterial forces have been annexed into the Doctors.

Personally I thought your post was extreamly clever. Than again I have absolutly no Idea about american history so I might be a bit bias in the matter. smile

Spddin and I are working out our posts so He will be posting his soon and I must say we are achiving nothing apart from wasting essence and the odd death of one of our troops. Its fun!

Nice map but thinner blue lines between the regions would make it a bit less in your face and would make it look nice and crsip.

Sadly Wiki baffels me so I could only type info for my Faction. Still trying to figure out how to get those shiney red boxes! The help desk does not help those who don't understand srcipting info.

Actually I might just type my info anyway and let someoneelse do the shiney red box.

I'm new to wikis too, so what I did was copy and pasted from the 'edit' section of somebody else article into my own and then filled the information for my faction in place of theirs. If you like the format, feel free to use mine to do exactly that. smile

And yeah, I should have made the region lines thinner. They are actually thinner, a little bit, but, well, I'm pretty inexperienced in paint applications as well, it seems. tongue

The map can be seen at http://rpwiki.calref.co.cc/File:Asgfactionmap.bmp (click the image to see it in it's non-reduced, compressed bmp form). Nioca seemed to be the one in charge of the cartography, so try putting a message on his Talk Page (If I understand correctly, he left ASG, but he might be willing to edit the map still).

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
Nice map but thinner blue lines between the regions would make it a bit less in your face and would make it look nice and crsip.

Sadly Wiki baffels me so I could only type info for my Faction. Still trying to figure out how to get those shiney red boxes! The help desk does not help those who don't understand srcipting info.

Actually I might just type my info anyway and let someoneelse do the shiney red box.

look at the code for someone else's page by hitting the 'edit' button (or 'view source' if not logged in) The code for the red box usually begins on the first or second line. look for a line with {{asgfaction on it.

Okay, here is The Doctors wiki.

Thank you Sleeping Dragon. I copyied and pasted your info an changed it around a bit. Left your definition about our Alliance too.

I have a sinking feeling that my spelling and grammar checking abilitys have failed me for that page. Well I'm off to do some research for the RP. I.e Play Geneforge.

Territorys:

Doctors have Dera and Stormplains

Safey has Whitespires and Ashen isles.

Spddin has no change.

Serviles gain Illya and Forsaken

You gain Grey Ghost

Constested:

Burwood is contested with Dantius (You BWAHAHAHA) and Acky

Mera is contested with Acky and remaining ESC

Army Movements:

Doctors are invading Lethia from top and bottom passes.

Serviles nothing.

Spddin countering me and invading Nodye

Safey nothing yet.

Ackrovan is still invading Mera and Burwood.

You are inavding Burwood.

ESC is moving nowhere.

Remove Sholai.

If you do all of that then the map should be up to date.

Here is the new map: http://rpwiki.calref.co.cc/images/5/5e/Asgfactionmap.bmp

I am going to make up some arbitrary rules that will make my life much easer.

1. I have added in "capitals" of each provice, to be differentiated from minor cities by dot size.

2. A province is considered contested if all cities and a clear majority of the countryside is not under control of one player. Thus, Burwood and the Storm Plains are not contested, despite Acky and Spddid have presences in them, they do not exert much influence. Currently, the only contested province is the Mera-Tev.

3. Armies can only travel along the grey lines between provinces, unless a suitable explanation is otherwise give- ie Sholai travel on boats, Gazers float, vlishes blimp, etc. People can travel anywhere.

4. Purple lines indicate fronts of conflict. There are alot in Mera, since that is where the majority of the conflict is centered. There is none between Drypeak and Storm Plains, because even though there are different factions, they are not fighting.

5. Islands can only be reached by boat. You must build/shape a fleet if you do not already have one. This will give the defender (me or Safey) time to prepare.

That's all. It will make my job much easier.

EDIT:

One more- On the map, the town, not the fortress, is the capital. So it would be Perikalia or Minallah instead of Stormhold or Isenwood's Spire.