BoA's Great Return

SamSniped

I'd like more scenarios too, for both BoE and BoA, but you don't hear me broadcasting it. tongue

I'd work on a scenario for BoA, but I can't seem to get the knack for Avernumscript. So, any scenarios made by myself would be for BoE. If only I could get out of this period of laziness.

Anyway, everyone will just have to wait for new scenarios. As it has been said, scenario design takes time, and if the scenario is to be good, it takes even more time. Be patient. New BoX scenarios will come eventually. Meanwhile, we can enjoy the ones that are already released.

Avernumscript is not hard, it is just quirky. It does things in a different way, compared to BoE. Check out Kelandon's site for the BoA Cookbook, this is a beginner's guide.

Avernumscript can't do many things, it lives up to about half of its potential. It is basic programming, so you need to like logical thinking to make it work.

Porting BoE scenarios to BoA is the only way to quickly create a lot of new scenarios. I am the self-appointed expert on this matter.

Originally Posted By: Ishad Nha
Avernumscript can't do many things, it lives up to about half of its potential.

Of course, we still haven't reached the limits of what we can do with the engine yet, so in reality it can do whatever the heck we can dream up, even if it does take a bit of time to work around the coding language. For more information see anything by Terror's Martyr.

I think there has been quite a bit of ingenuity shown, but the engine is still limited.

For example, if you want anything like the Avernum 3 Recall Crystal you have to improvise. One way is to create a town in every outdoor section in the scenario, just so as to trigger Variable town entry. See the Codex for my article on this.