An Avernum Story

I was inspired by Sharx(Drakon Sssharxx)'s thread,A Geneforge story.I might as well make one,you know.

But first I need 3 more characters.

Please just put a name and description down for your character,first three get in the story!

#1-Orion Des'Xoas

His father was one of the people sent to explore Valorim,but died while killing Rentar-Ihrno.Orion is a natural born warrior with some magic and summoning skills and is a marksman with a bow and arrow.

#2-

#3-

#4-

-=##2112##=-

So your first charater Explored valorim got exiled and then died in the attack on rentars first fortress in avernum? That would put him at about 250 years old when he died. In a3 The mayor of krizan says valorim was settled about 200 years before. Exploring it would have been 10 years (given all the Killing of nephil that happend) preivous. A4 was 20 years after that. I like the idea of a story but I cant really come up with a charater without knowing a time frame to put him in.

"Sent to explore Valorim" could easily mean a member of Unspecified Services or Covert Ops who got sent up during the plagues. The time between A3 and A4 is quite reasonable for a single warrior's career, I believe.

—Alorael, who sincerely hopes that Orion Sr. was not outfitted with the Xian gear that was inherited by his son. That would require too much Xian explanation for the story.

Quote:
It also sped up his body's age causing severe arthritis. As the administrator of Patrick's Tower, Solberg was basically useless (as a Arch-Mage).
Solberg isnt 250 and he cant do much magic anymore. How would someone, even if they had erika's skill, be useful and alive at 250?

The names of the people who went up during the valorim plauges are Erin, Elsner, Gwost, Tucker and the pc heros from a3. Everyone else that went up (other then a spy In one of the major citys) snuck up, as the second group was the last one because of people who wanted to stay safe from what the empire might do rather then explore was what rushed the second group into going early.

I believe RC's implication is that Orion's father was one of the A3 PCs, and given his role in Rentar's death he was probably one of the A4 PCs as well.

—Alorael, who is fine with that as a background detail for a story as long as the story is good. If the story isn't good then small liberties with blanks in canon don't matter anyway.

Originally Posted By: Eras of Radiance!
I believe RC's implication is that Orion's father was one of the A3 PCs, and given his role in Rentar's death he was probably one of the A4 PCs as well.

—Alorael, who is fine with that as a background detail for a story as long as the story is good. If the story isn't good then small liberties with blanks in canon don't matter anyway.

Orion's father was in A3,and the story is around A4,one year after whatever happened in it at the end.
And no,Orion has nothing to do with Xian items.
In fact,his armor is blessed platemail,not Xian chainmail.
P.S.-Didn't Rentar die in A3?I always thought he did.
P.S.S.-Very Off-Topic,but anyone know what happened to Delicious Vilsh?

Originally Posted By: RC2112

P.S.-Didn't Rentar die in A3?I always thought he did.
P.S.S.-Very Off-Topic,but anyone know what happened to Delicious Vilsh?

Click to reveal..
Rentar teleports away after you destroy her machinery. She comes back in a4 and there she is killed after transforming herself into a crystal soul.

What do you mean what happend to dv?He is a Member thats been around since before I was and was a mod for awhile as well. As far as I know he still logs on every so often.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer

Solberg has good reason to be paranoid after all that time hiding out in the lava fields southwest of Formello to hide from demons. He knows they are out to get him.

True that but his Golems won't much help against Demons if they (those?) decide that they (those?) want Sol's head. That would be nice at A6 (or BoA mod), save Solberg and Tranquility from Demons invasion.

Originally Posted By: RC2112
I read all of the stuff you people post about it...

Considering that you got both the gender and the death of Rentar-Ihrno wrong, you might want to read a little bit more before writing.

—Alorael, who recommends Tarson's five step program. It will result in a much better understanding of Avernum, and you also get to play fun games. Win-win!

Originally Posted By: 13 Metageitnion E

—Alorael, who recommends Tarson's five step program. It will result in a much better understanding of Avernum, and you also get to play fun games. Win-win!

Point,my good friend.
Step one-Get AV 1 and 2
#2-Finish AV 1 & 2
#3-Get AV 4
#4-finish AV 4
I never could kill Rentar in A3...I never got to it yet...
DIE,ALIEN BEASTS,DIE!

Originally Posted By: The Almighty Doer of Stuff
me

Orion Des'Xoas says, "I hate my life! I want to DIE!" He then takes a knife and slits his own throat.

THE END
  1. Derailing RP or RP-like threads before they start isn't very polite.
  2. If, for some reason, you simply must derail a RP or RP-like thread, you should probably derail it a different way each time, for variety's sake. :-P