Ganduv's G5 script editor[G5]

Hello everybody, I have been working on an editor for G5 since I have not been able to find any others, if using it BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR FILES!

Don't click on the shaper gear etc. because if you do the script will say it is broken and you won't be able to use the pylon so just hold on until I edit it thanks.

I have now put up the editor on rapidshare still working on the classes gear however so here is the link: Editor Zone 1 Pacific

Second part of the editor complete and uploaded, so here it is: Editor Zone 2 Minah Use point is the first sign coming from the Pacification fields.

Finally, here is the release of my custom item-added gf5itemschars! Just copy and paste it in your other gf5itemschars it should work fine (I've tested it many times) so here it is: Custom Items modded gf5itemschars

~-~-UPDATES-~-~

Update: I tried to make a new subsection but some things were cutting out for no reason so I assume that I have used too many lines, I will now put the individual magic/shaping teacher in minallah on a sign.

The Minallah sign is now complete with options to choose individually which spell/creation you want to increase. I have also put up the gf5itemschars for the custom items smile

Go to your computer then program files find geneforge 5 and the folder scripts then scroll down and look for z0pacificdlg.txt, open it up in wordpad (back it up first) then delete all its contents and replace it with the text in the spoilers, go in-game starting zone up to the pacification pylon control and click on what you want.

Thanks Master, took a while to do grin if you can think of anything to add to it that would be useful feel free to tell me, I'm not going to do anything like how the G3 editor gave you a choice of how much you want to edit a stat because seems like too much trouble... I might make it to where you can decrease your stats if I find a use for it. Wish I could make an item duplicator but if someone needs it I guess they can just use Pyro's trainer.

Originally Posted By: Namine
Yea, it would also help with knowing how much leadership or mechanics needed for a conversation or door.

Leadership can usually be found in each dlg zone script.

Mechanics needs looking at the coded maps and converting the code back into numbers. I have most of the lower mechanics for doors and traps listed in the item list, but for the over mechanics 17 doors and later areas I just have it's higher than what I played with at the time.

Alright guys brainstorming time, I have almost completed the gear set for a guardian, I am setting the body as a puresteel plate unless anyone can think of a better one, I am going to start on the shaper gear tomorrow so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I will most likely add servile/shock trooper and the other classes gear so I am open to ideas on that too.

Alright Randomizer I changed the body to quicksilver so here is the script...

Click to reveal..
begintalknode 141;

state = 131;

nextstate = 131;

condition = 1;

question = "Shaping Gear.";

text1 = "The machine creates gear radiating with shaping residue.";

code =

reward_give(); //sword/wand/baton

reward_give(); //cloak

reward_give(); //necklace

reward_give(); //ring

reward_give(); //body

reward_give(); //shield

reward_give(); //artifact

break;

begintalknode 142;

state = 131;

nextstate = 131;

condition = 1;

question = "Guardian Gear.";

text1 = "The machine creates gear that has many bloodstains on it.";

code =

reward_give(79); //guardian claymore

reward_give(22); //guardian cloak

reward_give(375); //talisman might

reward_give(342); //forbidden band

reward_give(55); //quicksilver plate

reward_give(142); //quicksilver bulwark

reward_give(482); //artifact

reward_give(306); //artifact

reward_give(312); //artifact

reward_give(303); //artifact

break;

begintalknode 143;

state = 131;

nextstate = 131;

condition = 1;

question = "Agent Gear.";

text1 = "The machine creates gear that is dark with magical residue on it.";

code =

reward_give(); //sword/wand/baton

reward_give(); //cloak

reward_give(); //necklace

reward_give(); //ring

reward_give(); //body

reward_give(); //shield

break;

Again any and all feedback appreciated if you think of something I left out (besides the gear for the classes) please speak up once I am completely done with it I'm going to upload it to rapidshare so you can do it from there. Again post some good gear for the classes so that I can fill that out too thanks.

• 1 month later...

Agent Gear:

Tek's Spectral Dirk

Agent Cloak

Puresteel Necklace

Ring of Eye's Purity

Draconian Plate

Agent's Shelter

Medic's Sustainer

Dreadnought Boots

Firesteel Gauntlets

Black Iron Greaves

Shaper Gear:

Thirsting Knife

Symbiotic Cloak

Demon Fang Talisman

Shaper's Boon

Shaper Trueweave

Stasis Shield

Girdle of Victory

Assassin's Boots

Lifecrafter Gauntlets

Black Iron Greaves (yes, Black Iron Greaves for a Shaper)

There you go.

Personally, I prefer having my Shaper go last. When I fight beasties with linger damage, like kyshaaks or the numerous poison/acid afflicting peoples, going last allows my Shaper to cast a nice healing spell to remove all the linger damage. When my speed works, I can also heal the group. I hate curing lingering damage only to have more put on right before the end of the round.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Originally Posted By: Other
*cough*necromancy*cough*

Asking for help related to the topic is a perfectly valid reason for posting in an old topic again. Necromancy comments are neither needed nor helpful.

Dikiyoba hasn't used the editor, but it looks like there is a sign somewhere in Minallah that will bring up part of the editor and a pylon somewhere in the Pacification Fields that will bring up the other part of it. Dikiyoba doesn't know exactly where those would be, so you'll have to do some searching. Hopefully, it's straightforward to use after that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally Posted By: Geneforge34
also what is the G5 script folder?and do you delete the text in the script editor or somewhere else?if so, what do you do?
In with or near the game, depending on your computer, is a folder labeled "scripts." Inside of this there are tons of different files. Any files Ganduv has for the editor will replace existing script files. Just find the file you're replacing, move it to a new place in case you want to go back to the original, and then put the new file in the "scripts" folder.

Are you talking about the files in "Geneforge 5 Saved games?"

No. Find the folder called "Geneforge 5" that has the game itself in it, not the folder that has the save files in it.

If you're on Windows, it's probably in the Program Files folder. Once you're there, look for the folder called "Geneforge 5 Files" and open it. Inside is another folder called "Scripts" and inside that folder is all the scripts that the game relies on.

If you're not on Windows, Dikiyoba can't help you beyond that first sentence.

My geneforge 5 game is stored in a file called spiderweb software and theres no script folder. I cant find the program files either.

Are you on Windows or a Mac? I believe the way the files and savegames are handled is totally different. On Windows, you can just right-click the icon in your Desktop and select "Open File Location, which should take you there.

Sometimes Program Files can be a hidden folder, in that case just go to Control Panel and select "Show hidden files and folders", or just google "View hidden files on Windows" for more detailed instructions.