Northern Isles Game 7

*i

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who told Omlette that he was a target of ours, by the way?

Looking at the past games, I notice that only two darksiders have ever won, and in separate games at that. I think it's hard for them to build alliances because they need a lot of people dead, and they don't have as much to offer allies as do the Anama and Gladwell. Perhaps their secret targets serve as a disadvantage because they make them less trustworthy.

I don't think it's (only) my own ineptness since they have consistently failed to exert much influence.

Originally Posted By: wz. As
Who told Omlette that he was a target of ours, by the way?

It's possible that was my fault, but I don't remember for sure, and I think that was after I was convinced that you were all going down no matter what I did.

It does seem like the Darkside Loyalists are at a bit of a disadvantage. Would it help if we went back to just having the Blademaster and the Mage, but they started out knowing each other like the Anama do? Or if we changed Domont's ability somehow to make him less useless? Maybe give him the ability to make a target appear as a role of his choice to players with role identification abilities, or something like that.

I found out I was a target because RCCCL told me I was, thinking I didn't know who he was.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly whinge about my death. I would have won, dammit! OK, I'm done.

Anyway, as a first time player, I'd like to say a massive thanks to *i: that was an incredibly engaging and enjoyable game, and I would definitely play again. Every time I thought the game was in the bag, something unexpected happened and it all blew wide open again. Particular kudos to Marlenny for killing Sarachim and then surgically removing all the Darksiders at once, that was quite a moment, even if it wasn't quite enough to ensure total victory.

-E-

Originally Posted By: Sarachim
Yes. If there were some sort of Golden Bonehead award, I'd win it. In my defense, Marlenny told me between this game and the last that if I ever got Vahkos she'd help me win. You're not supposed to lie between games, damnit! tongue

In my defense, I actually tried to resurrect you. I had lost interest in the game and figured a Vahkos win would be cool. But Stareye took too long to process it and in the mean time I got convinced by Sporefrog to resurrect Andraste instead. But yeah, sorry for betraying you frown

Thuryl, I knew that joining the anama might mean that I don't win, but I was happy that I didn't die this round. I have been trying to join the anama from the very beginning, but I had to wait because of Sporefrog joining, Excalibur joining, and Marlenny's death.

Excalibur, why did you give Thuryl the clover boots?

And why didn't I see a post that said Thuryl died? Who screwed up?

Doom Warrior: Andraste and I submitted an illegal action to kill Thuryl because one of us had already participated in two trades, which was a newly-imposed limit this game. Since the game ended at the time *I processed that command, technically thuryl didn't die. We could have just wand of deathed him still, but the game ended when *I processed those commands.

Originally Posted By: Sporefrog
Doom Warrior: Andraste and I submitted an illegal action to kill Thuryl because one of us had already participated in two trades, which was a newly-imposed limit this game. Since the game ended at the time *I processed that command, technically thuryl didn't die. We could have just wand of deathed him still, but the game ended when *I processed those commands.

But did you put in the actions before the game ended?

For some reason, if I contact her early on, it seems good for my health in general. In two games a while back, since I didn't talk to her quick enough, I died. In another game when I was a DL, she turned out to be another DL, so that helped. This game the anama helped Exclibur and I a lot, and I lived to the end (though I still lost).

On that note, one thing I noticed this game (I don't know if it's a general pattern) is that the players who are on AIM generally had a greater influence on me than those who I had to communicate with via PM. I'm sure that's not the only factor (it didn't save Sleeping Dragon, for example), but, well, it might be in the interests of some of you to get an AIM account (and if you don't like AIM, Trillian is free and lets you chat to AIM users...)

-E-

Originally Posted By: Omlette
On that note, one thing I noticed this game (I don't know if it's a general pattern) is that the players who are on AIM generally had a greater influence on me than those who I had to communicate with via PM. I'm sure that's not the only factor (it didn't save Sleeping Dragon, for example), but, well, it might be in the interests of some of you to get an AIM account (and if you don't like AIM, Trillian is free and lets you chat to AIM users...)

-E-

I definitely agree. I almost want to say that I'm not going to talk on AIM anymore about the game, but I can't decide if it's a bad thing.