Zaar

Waldby's Bazaar

I have found two different sets of items to buy from Waldbys' and I wondered if you can get more sets and how you get the different sets.

He's a random item seller. His stock changes randomly over time.

I think you hit Shift-B to refresh the random item sellers. It's been so long since I shopped at Waldby's that I can hardly remember.

Shift-w, actually. But it's cheating anyway.

I just checked on it.

In Exile 2, you hit Shift+b to refresh random item sellers. In Exile 3, you hit Shift+w, and in Exile 1, you have to long wait like 45 times (or spend the same amount of turns playing) to refresh them.

Posted (edited)

Sorry for replying to an old topic, but I’m curious as to why Lilith considers this cheating.  You aren’t circumventing game features; you’re just guiding outcomes based on intrinsic probabilities.  In this vein, I don’t see how it’s any different from reloading when you die.

Edited by Xiarrel-Te

You want Lilith to explain why she considered something cheating thirteen years ago?

--

Anyway, whether or not you consider it cheating, it's definitely somewhere on the [ playing well -- using exploits -- cheating ] continuum.  Being able to freely refresh the item stock to access any item you wanted clearly wasn't intended; the shift-codes were there for debugging.

(And in Exile III, where the passage of time has in-game effects, it is *clearly* cheating.)

i have no recollection of making that post so i cannot explain my reasoning at the time

revised opinion 13 years later: i don't really care if it's cheating or not, and also random item shops with almost no limits on what items they can sell were not exactly the best-thought-out concept in the first place

A secret code you put in to change the game for your benefit seems a lot like a cheat code.  Mind you, I use the editors a lot.