Waldby's Bazaar

Zaar

• 12 years later...

Sorry for replying to an old topic, but I’m curious as to why Lilith considers this cheating.  You aren’t circumventing game features; you’re just guiding outcomes based on intrinsic probabilities.  In this vein, I don’t see how it’s any different from reloading when you die.

Edited by Xiarrel-Te

You want Lilith to explain why she considered something cheating thirteen years ago?

--

Anyway, whether or not you consider it cheating, it's definitely somewhere on the [ playing well -- using exploits -- cheating ] continuum.  Being able to freely refresh the item stock to access any item you wanted clearly wasn't intended; the shift-codes were there for debugging.

(And in Exile III, where the passage of time has in-game effects, it is *clearly* cheating.)

i have no recollection of making that post so i cannot explain my reasoning at the time

revised opinion 13 years later: i don't really care if it's cheating or not, and also random item shops with almost no limits on what items they can sell were not exactly the best-thought-out concept in the first place