Graphics Issue

I was working on the windows version of my scenario. I opened it in the 3D editor. I got an error message, saying that either the editor had run out of memory or it wasn't there. Then it told me the custom object that wasn't working. I reloaded the scenario data, and it gave me the same message about a different object. I tried copying over the .cmg file from the Mac version, and it worked. I took it out, and I got the error again. All of the bitmaps were there, and it should have worked perfectly. How can I fix this?

Quote:
Were the two objects on the same graphics sheet?

There were more than two. It was every custom object I had. All were creature types on their own sheet except for one terrain, also on it's own sheet.
Quote:
Can you post the error messages in more detail? In particular, what did the editor say wasn't there? The graphic it was looking for? What custom object did it say 'wasn't working', and how?

What it said was that some sheet number could not be accessed, either because the editor ran out of memory, or it wasn't there. Then it told me what creature/terrain wasn't working because of it. Every time I reloaded scenario data it gave me a different sheet number and the corresponding object.
Quote:
Wait, is this the Windows 3D editor or the Mac 3D editor?

Mac.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but rereading your first post in light of your most recent post, I understand it to mean that you were trying to edit your scenario in the Mac Editor, without the cmg file, and were surprised that it didn't work? You put the cmg file in, as you should have all along, and it worked, as it should, so you then took the cmg file out again? Why? The graphics have to be there for the editor to load.

You shouldn't need to go that far. The versions really only need to separate for distribution; if you use a Mac primarily, just put all of your graphics into the cmg file and use the Mac Editor. Then when you need to distribute the scenario make a copy and replace the cmg file with the necessary bmp files.