Destroying the portal, exile II

Sol

I began the mission to destroy the Empire’s mass portal, and was instructed to visit the Tower of Elderan. I cleared the tower got the key an information, then went to the empire archives and recovered the password and location of the portal. However when I returned to Mahdavi to get more information on the onyx scepter she tells me she cant help and repeats the mission to visit the tower of Elderan. What exactally am I missing to trigger the next phase of the quest, or where do I need to go to get information on the scepter?

Quote:
Originally written by Ur_Vile_Wedge:
Also, you don't actually need to find out about the scepter to ask Sulfras about it. Just free him(her? Sulfras's gender changes, but I forget if it's male or female in 2. The Dragons are one of the biggest inconsistencies in the series.)

Btw, did you play E1?
I know, but I always feel the need to go through the whole quest chain, and like to know who tells whom about such things in-game.

No, I have not played E1, but I have wanted to see what that little bit of exile that was cut off to me thanks to the empire looks like. I would be interesting to know what the first fort remote looked like, or what sat where Garzahd's Fortress is before he moved in.