Clear all items is broken

Hey,

While trying to clear all items using the latest 3d Editor Build on Sourceforge, it just brings up the remove special encounter call (which doesn't actually clear the special encounters if you say yes). However, it doesn't clear up the items either. It's not an end-of-the-world issue, but you still need to know about it smile.

- Archmagus Micael

I must admit that I can't find a link to a good, recent build of the Windows Editor either, and I'm one of the people who works on it. I'll see what I can do about this soon; I'm hoping to build a new page on my website to provide a single place to get the latest versions of the editor for both platforms, as the Sourceforge page once was. When I get it done will be dependent on how busy my job keeps me in the near future.

Okay, thanks for that. If it helps in any way, I'm running Build 0039, which I downloaded off of SourceForge a few days ago now. So far it has been running fine in Vista for the most part- I have had the few odd crashes, and an odd issue trying to create new scenarios (it just won't do it- however the normal editor will and then after that the 3D one is fine). Again, don't know if you've managed to fix that in whatever build you're at now.

Keep up the good work!

- Archmagus Micael

There are two versions that are more recent, first is the one amended by Niemand and I:

http://www.freewebs.com/ishadnha/BoA3DEditor.zip

Then there is my own private experimental version:

http://www.freewebs.com/ishadnha/VariantBoA3DEditor.zip

For what the latter actually does, see the New Windows 3D Editor topic.

Edit:

While I am at it I will provide Editor support for identifying and cursing individual items found in towns. Bitwise manipulation makes this possible even when the item type is not identified or cursed in the scenario data script.

Fixed up the town preset items display. Item type numbers are now displayed. Not too sure if the Identified and Once per Day entries actually do anything.

Monster entries displayed at the lower left were given a shake-up. The two Item entries were dropped, the creature location was added along with Event information. Order of entries was changed to reflect the Edit This Creature dialog box.

The dialog option Open now has a hot key, o.

Two new options were added: Load Outdoor Zone Above and Load Outdoor Zone Below.

Now I have to wait until Freewebs finishes site maintenance before I can upload the new editor.

Originally Posted By: Ishad Nha
Two new options were added: Load Outdoor Zone Above and Load Outdoor Zone Below.
These are supposed to be invoked automatically when the designer scrolls off the edge of an outdoor section.

At least, that's how it works in the Mac editor.

It looks like ctrl+arrow currently moves you to the corresponding edge of the outdoor section - maybe either use alt+arrow to move to the adjacent section, or make it so ctrl+arrow moves you to the adjacent section if either you're already at the edge, or you're in zoomed out 2d view.

Ishad, the new editor looks nice and good, however I seem to have some random issue with height- the issue being that in 2D view the editor insists the height is completely all over the place, yet it looks fine in 3D. It's not crucial, but pretty strange since the other editor didn't have that problem.

Or am I just missing something here because it's so late?

- Archmagus Micael

I think Ishad Nha hijacked the height display so that it can also display things other than height. Perhaps it's actually displaying the number of the terrain or floor on that space, or something like that.

I'm afraid I don't know how you'd change that.

Freewebs is still down, so I can't upload the latest version.

The load previous and next section functions have been retained, the above and below loading is in addition to this. Ctrl + Arrow keys is a good idea.

The editor has a numerical display mode that shows what floor type is used on each square, then what terrain type, then the height. It is cycled through with Ctrl + G (forwards) and Ctrl + H (backwards).

Why don't you just make it display according to which drawing mode you're in? So, if you're editing height, it always shows height; if you're editing terrain, it always shows terrain number; and if you're editing floors, it always shows floor number.

I suppose you could extend that to item number and monster number, but that's less useful. In fact, in may even be just useless.

Here and now I will leave it the way it is, I am quite familiar with it. As for monster and item numbers, some people might find it useful occasionally. Certainly the item type numbers are now displayed on the lower left corner.

I tried to broaden the display to include terrain script numbers and placed special numbers but I lacked the programming skills. The only things that I could display were floor, terrain and height: things with arrays of known values.

Quote:
Here and now I will leave it the way it is, I am quite familiar with it.

If you're referring to your personal branch, by all means do so. However, if not, can we please keep our main Windows build easy to use for people who don't know the ins and outs of such an obscure feature?

With regard to keyboard zone navigation: I've just checked in new code for the Mac version that uses Command+Arrows to navigate among towns and outdoor sections. I've tested it, and it seems to work fine, including asking what to do if there are unsaved changes.