Rebirth of an Episode

Xaiya

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, ADoS. You'll probably catch up before too long, though. I'm tentatively planning for Chapter 2 to be out sometime late next week.

Anyway, here is Chapter 1: Caught Up In It All. It has a couple of new faces in it. I also stuck up an appearances page for now, but I'm thinking about doing something different with it. It wasn't particularly useful to me and it certainly can't have been very useful to you as I hardly bothered to update it. I'll almost certainly have a separate page for real Spiderwebbers and fictional characters this time around. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

Dikiyoba is excited for this again. It'll be fun.

Yes, Episode 6 is going to be heavily anachronistic. I'm not entirely happy about it, but I decided that it would be a more interesting story this way. Plus, there would still be chronological errors even if I tried to avoid them--old gimmicks tend to hang around in the story a lot longer than they do on the boards, for instance.

---

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
Also, apparently I need to re-read most of Episode 5, because I have no idea where I am right now.

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
I am also wondering, is the group of people that went to KoL+ the slave group back yet?

Long story short: Ephesos, you were kidnapped, enslaved, saddled with an anti-magic spell, and are now at the (generic and mostly irrelevant) Mage Guild (thanks to the Ratt) to get it removed along with all the other slaves. The KoL group is back at Spiderweb now.

Long story shorter: Read the freaking summary. tongue

---

Originally Posted By: Neossokrass
Or Neo, if you musst.

Dikiyoba changed it to the full version. You are most certainly not getting called Neo. It's bad enough that Student of Trinity runs about in Dikiyoba's imagination in a billowing lab coat and an endless supply of fourth wall breaking remarks in a quest to better understand the workings of the universe. tongue

Quote:
Dikiyoba changed it to the full version. You are most certainly not getting called Neo. It's bad enough that Student of Trinity runs about in Dikiyoba's imagination in a billowing lab coat and an endless supply of fourth wall breaking remarks in a quest to better understand the workings of the universe.

I'm sorry.....I must be misssing something. What does that have to do with not calling me Neo?

It depends. If you're reading them quickly, you can probably read them all before Dikiyoba puts up more than a few chapters. If you're reading them at a more leisurely pace or want to start Episode 6 as soon as possible, you'll probably want to read the summary of Episodes 4 and 5 rather than the full stories.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it was acting up earlier this afternoon. The problem seems to have gone away (hopefully), so it's back up again now.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Too bad the Richard White Forum is no more or we could have retroactively reflooded the area with a new moat. smile

The moat is still there, as you will see in Chapter 3: Red Duck. Dikiyoba is just including a much larger area around Spiderweb now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to note here that I now wield Carsomyr +6, detailed here.

Quote:
The Holy Avenger: Carsomyr

Carsomyr is a weapon of legend, perhaps one of the most powerful blades ever forged on Faerun, though its origin and history is thought purposefully forgotten, such that the sword itself never overshadow the importance of the struggles that must be fought today. It is infused with the very essence of virtue, and requires as much from any paladin that would hope to wield it. The evils of the Realms must truly stand aside when this weapon is brought to bear, their magic dispelled with a word, steadfastly resisted with ease. Carsomyr also harbors a special distaste for the forces of evil and chaos, and such creatures must fear additional damage from its touch in battle.

STATISTICS

Equipped Abilities:

50% Magic Resistance

Dispel magic 3 times per day

Combat Abilities:

+6 damage to chaotic evil opponents in addition to other bonuses.

Dispels magic whenever the sword strikes an opponent

THAC0: +6 bonus

Damage: 1D12 +6

Damage type: slashing

Weight: 6

Speed Factor: 4

Proficiency Type: Two handed sword

Type: 2-handed

Requires: 14 Strength

Usable By:

Paladins

Get over swords!?

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK SUCH BLASPHEMY.

Pedal not your lies here!

Have you any idea what I undergo to obtain these mighty spars of sharpened destruction!?

NO!!

It's not as if things like axes are one half as lovably flexible in the applications of chaos and slaughter and general bloodletting.

Originally Posted By: human of the year
Originally Posted By: Jeran Korak

Pedal not your lies here!

I wasn't lying. I was wrong. There's a difference.

I was being melodramatic, I'm sorry if you took it a way I didn't intend.

And technically, any weapon can be wielded by anyone so long as they make the right use magic device check. Some weapons are simply powerful enough to do some truly horrible things to you if you wield them in this fashion, but openly abuse their ego and alignment sheets, then fail your will save. This is why an amulet of will +8 is such a useful item. That said, to such weapons you can slaughter and butcher as much as you like, provided your enemies are the sentient weapons enemies (or any enemies at all, in the case of most sentient evil swords).

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention

Click to reveal..
Randomizer regained consciousness slowly. The building was an ancient message board, so old even the spambots had given up targeting it. Illegible old threads and spam littered the floor, half-hidden by a thick layer of dust.

Randomizer tested the ropes that bound his wrists and ankles to see if he could get free. "No such luck. Of course. Hello? Can anyone hear me?!"

Despite calling out for several minutes, there was no response. Randomizer realized he was alone. "Hmmph. Figures."

Quite funny.

(This is also a request for a new chapter)

Please don't make me sad frown