Avernum 6 - May Update.

Spidweb

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anything could be "not yours" in E1. That was introduced in E2 or E3.

—Alorael, who now has to ponder. He's fairly sure he has interacted with "not yours" gold in BoE scenarios, and he doesn't see what would prevent him from flagging gold as "not yours." He's not positive, though.

Originally Posted By: Replete with the Elite
I don't think anything could be "not yours" in E1. That was introduced in E2 or E3.

—Alorael, who now has to ponder. He's fairly sure he has interacted with "not yours" gold in BoE scenarios, and he doesn't see what would prevent him from flagging gold as "not yours." He's not positive, though.

Correct about BoE 'not yours' gold. When in that state you couldn't see how much the amount was either.

Jeff... buddy, seriously. Stop screwing around. This game should be done by now. I wanna pre-order Avernum 7.

Does anyone else play Avernum using the half-naked chick as a singleton?

I want a good romantic subplot in this game. And I'm not talking about this GIFTS stuff either. Love, baby. Love will keep us together.

Originally Posted By: Mysterious Man
Jeff... buddy, seriously. Stop screwing around. This game should be done by now. I wanna pre-order Avernum 7.

Jeff still won't let us leave the Demo. Something about killing all his poor monsters. smile

Quote:

Sometimes since I have to stare at it for weeks. What was fun was in A3 changing the nephil graphic to her after starting the game.

Originally Posted By: Mysterious Man
Never, not even in a larger party. I prefer the one in the green dress, or the one with a bow, or sometimes the green tank-top.

I never use the half-naked man either; I generally prefer the blue-robed one if he's a magic user, and if not... I think the first one.

But of course it can vary greatly.

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
I remember a game which (in my opinion) tried to make things too realistic. For example, you start bleeding when damaged, or you are forced to rest after walking a certain distance because you're too tired to continue.

I disliked that game very much.

You'd only be at risk of bleeding to death if you were knocked below 0 health (ie. 'unconscious'), and that could be stopped by just bandaging your character. I rather enjoyed Realmz to be honest, the character creation was diverse and the combat intense. Yeah, the fatigue feature was annoying, but not much more than the food requirement in Exile.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer

Quote:

Sometimes since I have to stare at it for weeks. What was fun was in A3 changing the nephil graphic to her after starting the game.

If you want ogleable PCs, the best-looking one is clearly the slith with the pink hood.

Bring back the ninja avatar from way back in Avernum 1! Best avatar in Avernum, IMHO, shame it disappeared in Avernum 4 or so.

Can't wait for the final installment of the series. Avernum 1 was a great game and it'll be fun to see how Jeff decides to finally end things. This time around, I might just register _before_ I play through the demo zone. tongue

• 2 months later...