game creation potential?

manglam

The idea of automatic game/scenario game creation intrigues me.

If anyone remembers the game/program Adventure Construction Set by Stuart Smith (mid 80's), you could make games with sub-areas within the game. There was also an option to have the computer finish making the game for you (or make the whole thing). The scenarios frequently didn't make sense as to the storyline, but it was fun exploring the zones and fighting the monsters.

I once read that soap operas could be written with a program...sort of like a mad lib type thing...blanks could basically be filled in, and plots could be chosen or randomized to make stories.

Seems to me like something like this would be really cool, and a way to generate new Spidweb type games to play while we are waiting for another release! What do you think?

So i am asking.

Who is going to try to program the biggest epic ever existed in the world(mahabharat)?

I am trying to get its copy right to create a BoA scenarios(half madness)because i still need to download BoA

i know avernum series but not BoA but still trying to get its copy right to start with nice BoA scenario.

I think soon i will be succesful to get its copy right from world hindu organisation because being a hindu they will give it to me easily if i promise that i dont heart religious feeling of people.

But question is who will try it i cant handle the whole mess alone.Is there some one who wish to cooperate me.

That story will be nicely link(after all its an epic to which hindus have respect for past six thousand year) but will need programming equal to(avernum+valorim+pragland+aizo)

most probably i will do it in parts

I think that it's safe to say that the BoA community will still be running at its usual low level in another year or two years. The time scale to make serious scenarios means that change tends to happen on longish timescales.

On a similar note, I would second Dikiyoba on advising you to start small, and that small is probably smaller than you think it is. Do keep planning your large projects, but temper them with the knowledge you acquire as you build smaller things first.

of course yes

i agree but getting copyright is a bit long process in india so i was asking to see that did anyone will try it because,take the copyright,spoil money and then every one get scared with such a large projests and they said no thanks

Of course i will start with very small scenario.

But i am new to forums will someone tell me that "did i am the first one to put such project"(which needs copyright and is the biggest existing epic)

Also note that there's a limit on how large your scenario can be. Blades of Exile limits you to 200 towns and 100 outdoor sections. Blades of Avernum may have slightly higher limits – I'm not sure – but you still need to keep the limit in mind. And of course with BoA you can have more towns for a scenario than in BoE, because some towns can be combat arenas.

Wait, wait, wait... copyright issues? Perhaps you could just make a scenario that thematically resembles Mahabharat, then you wouldn't have to bother with getting copyright permissions. It's hard enough to make Blades scenarios without worrying about copyright law. tongue

For reference, Kelandon's slith scenarios do kinda riff off of a bunch of very well-entrenched stories.

The limits on scenario size in BoA are the same.

Abhi, I'm not sure why you keep referring to copyright. As I understand it, you're worried that someone will steal your scenario idea? This isn't really an issue. There are two factors. The first is that reputation is fairly important in our small community, and so any designer who clearly stole another's idea would not be well received. The second is that designing a scenario is so much work that likely no one would have the time to undertake such a project anyway, unless they felt very strongly about it, which is unlikely for an idea simply stolen from someone else. Remember, it's not as though we really profit from our designing; the respect of the community is about the only incentive (and from point one, there's little respect to be gained from a stolen idea).

Written by:ved vyas

time:2060years

time passed when things happened(beleive to b happened if u not beleive in god)=2100years

copyright:world hindu organisation.

I am talking about taking copyright from them.I am designing the game for fun and sharing so dont think that i am talking about myself

Quote:
The first is that reputation is fairly important in our small community, and so any designer who clearly stole another's idea would not be well received.

Sadly, we had an experience with this about ten years ago. However, you are correct in the reaction. Said designer was not well received and pretty much ousted from the community.

Originally Posted By: *i
Sadly, we had an experience with this about ten years ago. However, you are correct in the reaction. Said designer was not well received and pretty much ousted from the community.

Oh… wow… that's pretty low. What kind of a d-bag does something like that? Especially when they stand to gain NOTHING?

The offending member was Solberg, whom I do not remember (mainly because he left the community after the incident, and also because this all happened a year or two before I arrived in the community). He had pretty much ripped off all of Alcritas' work. You can see Al's reaction to it, as well as the post that started it all here:

http://thelyceum.yuku.com/forums/24/t/Solberg.html

I dont know how slarty told it so accurately.

Thanks slarty for suggesting it.

It was same in india too.They can take law action for incorrect info but they dont worry if someone use it in right way.

Now i can reproduce the information for my friends(my fellow sw).

Dont compare it with bible though.

I have read both books

and thats why i will say that i feel mahabharat story as the best in the world for BoA.

I have the demo now but do i need to register to create scenarios(if yes then what is there in demo?)

either way i can do it after practice of one year.

Here is reason of my above statement:

bible start with beginning of civilisation but mahabharat comes after the well establishment of civilisation and after many other religious books.

So you dont start with some one like adam and eve you will start with intro of well establishment of king system.

This is the intro.

Your father was the elder son of his father so he was the actual king(Pandu)

but he goes into forest for years giving his kingdom to his brother who betrayed him.You will start as son of pandu to take back your kingdom(in fact pandu had 5 sons,this is more handy to create it as BoA scenario.I am not story teller but believe me its very nice.(i will practice to become story teller after i start BoA)

Thanks for telling

I will do this dream project after one year

but if some one is intrested during this time i have the permission now

Whenever i used the word copyright i mean to say "permission" so it leds to some misconception.

i have no problem if other use my idea instead, i will try to help them.

Or i will do myself it after one year

The thread was really very confusing.

I dont understand what to actually read and i closed it after reading two post.

Nah

you wont go wrong if u leave breakfast for it.

Not religious feeling,I am sure no film can competete wid it.

Its an epic man.

Pandu's uncle is a prophet.

Extremely powerful soul,forced to join dark side you will have to kill him.With your cunning fight he will eventually help you to kill himself.

God will help you to do this battle.

You will lose the battle by betrayel but eventually plot will allow you to win the battle with much more betrayel with your cousins who send you to unknown place for 12 years winning gamble bet by cheat when you were trying to get your kingdom back.

It has a lot more fun,power,betrayel i have ever seen in holly movie.(i watch holly a lot)

after all its a true story.So it has all means by which one out of two can become king.

You wont start the unfair means.Your cousins will start it and they will be so bad that god will help you to win the battle by unfair means.

Yes. You can find the official software on this page.

Then, if you use Mac OS, you'll likely want the Mac 3D Editor that I maintain, or the version kept by Ishad Nha if you use Windows. (I think that's where he keeps his newest semi-released version. If not we can easily get you a slightly older version.)

The Solberg controversy is archived over at the now-defunct Lyceum.

As for your second question: No, no, definitely not. Your case is completely different, as your story is based off of an ancient epic, something that's pretty far from the format of a Blades scenario. The Solberg controversy was controversial because Solberg essentially re-released scenarios made by Alcritas.

Thanks.

See you all after being a good BoA designer.

However,i want to be a good designer but i dont want to do a project which was never completed.

So no matter what anyone say i will do them in parts.

I dont mean that i am talking like such a guy who is loosing his heart before he start. i just mean that that a large huge and massive and something like biggest scenario ever existed sounds good in dreams but i think in practical there is no such scenario.Forgive me if i am wrong as i have not read the forums now but is it ever happened that someone has created a scenario whose size was huge huge and huge much bigger than ermarian?

My guess:no

so in short,it will be a good story coming in parts.

By the way,what is the name of biggest BoA scenario?To explain scale it with a3 please

How can i know.I am a new player.

I assumed that it is valley of dying things.

To explain it is a scenario where i can pass the rune with a cloak.

U can make much more sense than me.

If it is tutorial how can i start my real adventures?

(Morever is playing it is necessary to understand something specail about BoA which was not there in 1st triology?)

After one year not now.

Or may be even after that when i will be able to handle this.

Do you read the whole topic b4 saying so Thuryl?

Please Slarty i know what u r getting on

but first read the whole topic before saying so.

And please its a different thread.

Where i am a begginner.

Abhi,

I hate to say this, but it is very difficult for many of us to read any of your posts, let alone the large volume of them. I appreciate English may not be your first language, but it would help us out a lot if you put a little more effort into organizing your sentences into paragraphs, using full words as opposed to txtspeak, and using complete sentences.

This really helps us help you. Again, we don't expect perfection, but the more effort you put in with writing your posts so everyone else can easily read them, the more effort we can put in to helping you. Bluntly, I don't even bother reading your posts because I am busy and I do not have time to try and decipher them. I can tell you with absolute certainty that I am not alone.

Also, our members try to be helpful, but we are unable to be all knowing about every other member. Please be patient when people are not aware of every post that you have made on this board.

*i

Board Admin