Completing tormet without dying

Abhishek

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no big progress because i was really tired of 4 continuous A5 playthrough so i was enjoying G5 and BoA(for a change).

However once again i am going to resume A5.

Warrior:

Level 15

STR 10(+4 CEREMONIAL LEGGINGS,+2GIRDLE OF MIGHT)

DEX 6

INT 2

END 3

MELEE 6

POLE 12

BOW 2

THROW 2

QA 7

PRIEST 1(SHAMAN SANDLE)

ARCANE LORE 4

SPELLCRAFT 1

HARDINESS 4

DEFENSE 6

NATURE L 3

1ST AID 3

QUICK STRIKE 1

PARRY 7

BBLADEMASTER 8(+1 THURSTING GAUNT

MAGERY 4

ME 1(Lark)

RESIST 4(+2 CEREMONIAL LEGGING)

LETHAL BLOW 1(THURSTING GAUNTLET)

RIPOSTE 1(+1 BLADESHIELD CHAIN)

SHARPSHOOTER 4

SKILL POINTS 3

THROWER:

Level 16

STR 7(+4 FC BLADE)

DEX 10(+4 FC BLADE)

INT 2

END 4

BOW 5

THROW 18

QA 1

ARCANE LORE 3

SPELLCRAFT 1

HARDINESS 3

NATURE L 1

1ST AID 2

TOOL USE 13(+2 GLOVES)

PARRY 5(+1 SILKEN SHIELD)

BBLADEMASTER 9

MAGERY 5

ME 1(Lark)

GYMNAST 3

SHARPSHOOTER 10

SKILL POINTS 10

PRIEST:

Level 16

STR 2

DEX 2

INT 9

END 4

MELEE 1

POLE 0

BOW 4

THROW 5

QA 2

PRIEST 12

ARCANE LORE 3

SPELLCRAFT 9

HARDINESS 4(+1 TRIBAL CHARM)

NATURE L 4

1ST AID 1

LUCK 1(TRIBAL CHARM)

BBLADEMASTER 5

ANATOMY 1(PIERCING GLOVES)

GYMNAST 2

MAGERY 9

RESIST 2

ME 6

SHARPSHOOTER 5

SKILL POINTS 5

MAGE:

Level 16

STR 2

DEX 2

INT 9(+1 GIRDLE OF INSIGHT)

END 4

MELEE 1

POLE 0

BOW 4

THROW 5

QA 2

MAGE 12

ARCANE LORE 3

SPELLCRAFT 8

HARDINESS 3

NATURE L 2

1ST AID 3

LUCK 3 (CLOVER BOOTS)

GYMNAST 3

BBLADEMASTER 8

MAGERY 9

ME 4

RESIST 2

SHARPSHOOTER 5

SKILL POINTS 4

after clearing upper level with 10 trips to town,i went downstairs wih all the buffs possible.

my thrower died quickly,but after that eveything was ok.I have not a single invulnerability potion remaining but ok,i will rarely use i till vahanatai lands.

But you know,i have burnt all the enegy potion in buffs and i will have to rely on energy elixir from now.

Dixon bring my bank account to nill and i still need to purchase a lot of skills.

I have completed only one quest in anama land and it is chitrach claw(5).

Chitrach ambush at the gate of anama lands:Assault crystal,a name in itself.

To understand what i am saying,read the link from randomizer's lone hero anama singleton before you read this para.

Well i dont know how he proved 27.8 for the person with 17 parry and 27.6 with no parry.

I am pretty sure that slarty was correct about what he was saying.Yes the power of parry is reduced from a4 but not completely vanished.On the basis of my observations,you can safely rely on parry.You see,he says nothing about the value of damage blocked.Parry reduces the amount of (damage tken+damage blocked).So his info was surely incomplete.

Definitely it will reduce the amount of damage taken on the basis of armor %.I believe his PC with higher parry had less armor % and with less had more armor %.

So,i am agree with slarty;love parry? Go for it...You wont go wrong,i am sure.

I am thinking to use "showmeall" from now,will you all allow me?

What soulberg's newer book teaches?

There are two spellbooks next to Solberg. One is for dispel barrier after you do Tiacoura's West Tower quest. The other can't be read and does damage.

In Solberg's Private laboratory in the Northeast Quadrant the book is for Divine Fire.

I didn't do the calculations for Parry damage. It was part of a debate on the value of Parry since Slarty had tested it in Avernum 4.

I have cleared my way to learn divine fire but i have not killed cheeseball.For those who dont know,its tricky but possible.Still need to complete stealth test.

Wandering in anama lands killing.Fall in 3 out of 4 chitrach ambush and all burned one assault crystal each

Finally something nice to tell.

Three fights and all beated with great gaming!

I helped gillete in anama lands in this way,

take all buffs,send warrior priest and thrower to south corner.Mage in middle and let him wait with augmented summons.When you have killed southern chitrach move priest and throw to middle and warrior to north.Wait with warrior and once the plated chitrach appear,let gillete handle the middle area and move all party to north.Block the way by warrior and kill them all.

Then the endurance test with mine and randomizer trick and finally the slith horror where tormeted battle mage's hint completely rock(its a different matter that it took half an hour to do it in reality but randomizer trick was really nicesmile)

It beats running around to remove the death curse during combat with the Slith Horror. The first time I beat it was before entering Tranquility and I had to do it on easy difficulty after getting wiped out on torment. I got better after a few tries and could do it legitamately with only losing one character on torment.

Queen is dead after taking my two invulnerable potion and now i cant even purchase one.I also burnt an assault elixir but thanks to thrower who used fine razordisk at last and did 1200 damage with 6 razordisk in 3 turns when he was invulnerable and hasted!

Priest died within a round.Bad.

moref is just hack'n'slash while keeping casters far enough from servants while they keep fighters hasted etc and alive, after moref appears then fighters near him while casters hit just inside range and keep fighters alive.thrower isn't ideal for that battle since there are alot servants.

My closest escape. The dorment shade in Highgrounds. I just somehow escaped. Wish you could be there to enjoy that tense moment with me. I was stunned when it killed my warrior within one shot shocked. The next my archer and my priest with fire and then moved to kill my summon in the next round. Three in one round. I escaped again with a summon but it come toward me and it explode again and then run toward me standing just one square away. I escaped again stopping next to the stairs and I hit end combat. Then my summon hit it. It explode again bringing me to 6 health, and then reached just next to me. But it was low on AP to hit me. Too late, combat ended and I escaped.

I have completed Assassin worms, Shapeshifter, message to Shafir, Soulberg tools, 3 outpost.

The Highground shade can only really be damaged during it's charging phase. You have to be able to avoid damage when it releases the energy. Sacrificing a character or summoned creation is the easiest way to keep it away from the rest while the surivors run away outside the area effect.

At last Harkins Landing is empty and same is true for Khora-Vyss and Howling depths including ogre mage.

Then I entered Soultaker pit for learning fire blast and then came out. And killed all the wandering giants. Azure gallery is empty from any wandering monsters now the only thing remaining are set targets.

Dozens of knowledge brew is now resulting in overflow of skill point. Now I have some ideas, but if you have something in mind please let me know. I am just giving the main stats. See the last stats for equipment bonus if you forget.

Warrior:

Str: 12(+4,+2)

Int: 2(go for 4?)

Dex: 6

End: 4

Pole: 13

Quick action: 8

Quick strike: 2(what about this?)

Parry: 13

Blademaster: 11(only 2 points invested, go for 6?)

Max Discipline: battle frenzy.

Thrown:

Str: 6 (+4)

Int: 2

Dex: 12(+4, +2)

Throw: 20 (still it cost only 7)

Bow: 7

Tool use: 15

Sharp: 12

Maximum Discipline:Battle Frenzy.

Priest:

Str: 3

End:4

Int: 6

Dex: 2

Priest: 14

Spell craft: 6(yes I know)

Magery: 7+ divinely touched

Discipline:Focus spirit but still need to purchase 2 points from trainer.

Mage.

Str: 3

Int: 6

Dex: 2

Mage 14

Spell craft 6

Magery 7+ divinely touched.

Discipline:Mighty blow.

If you are thinking I wont listen you due to my madness of experiments then it is limited to giving 4 point in priest spell to warrior out of which 2 will come from Thalon of 10 eyes.

So you see, I am not planning for any big experiments like a mad playersmile share your ideas to make the game easy. Oh please, please, please. smile

if you have afford you could give your mage enough priest-lvls that he can heal (maybe enough for mass heal) and priest enough mage-lvls that it reaches that ice-spell (mayben enough that he can cast lightning strike).

how many hitpoints (warriors and spellcasters) and manapoints (spellcasters) each of your char's have? more end and int wouldn't hurt and would save health potions and energy elixirs/potions.

8 points in endurance will in late game. What you think unlocking anatomy or making it more hell and unlocking lethal blow?

Mage and priest will keep going on their path. Thats not a overflow. The case of overflow is true for warrior to some extent and especially with thrower because after few sharpshooter, 8 endurance and 3 points in tool use he will be doing nothing.

And now I am almost unbeatable. I have return life spell. Going Thalants is easy. You need to kill only those rockhounds. After that go west till you do not reach bridge. Then, go south. Walk through Kherbass killing two mutant lizard and pass training test if you want and then you will be in Thalants. This is helpful because this is the place where you will find maximum number of wandering monster. Hmmm, now everything will go change. The money wow, I sold 104 mined crystal. Hey I have new information, selling mined crystal also gives xp I learned this only because my priest changed his level when I sold the crystal. Great.

Next is a journey to Anama lands.

-Abhishek, who is very disappointed that no one came to give some suggestion about spell point. Hey, I said no experiment, then why no reply?

Spell energy depends upon the player. You need lots if you are heavily dependant upon casting spells to damage opponents. For those that mainly use weapon damage, then spells are there for healing and to prepare the fighters for battle. I tend to attack with spells and use fighters as shields to keep monsters away from the spell casting characters.

You are more likely to need health for the remainder of the game. I had 8 endurance for all my characters from the Azure Gallery to the end.

I will say that I am very happy while writing this post. There are a lot of reason of being happy. I feel I have reached a corner in game where Jeff lowers the difficulty to give you some rest. Or probably it is the result of fighting with all the buff including arcane shield ( 11 buffs if you wanna know). Either way it is just enough to give me some easy gaming.

I started with giant diplomacy and then completed Vahanatai quest to expel muck. Then I killed the giant queen and then the Anama scroll and Soulberg paper. With this, going back to old places is come to an end and I will go back to kill soulberg only. After completing Shafir quest, I was very rich, about 17000 coins! I spent my money in training and then completed Pasquale's quest and the cultists. And now the soultaker pit.

Soultaker pit gave me pearlscent band and now battle frenzy is available to mage. Master of the pit is the easiest fight. Mind this, master of the pit is the easiest fight of the game. And the trick is just send your priest near altar. He will sitting here casting return life whenever the whole party dies. All you need is reviving party four or five times(means some patience) and this is his/its last fight. However I was enough wise to left soultaker alive:-)

Oh do I mentioned this? Well probably no. Ok, FC near Highground is now in the list of empty towns and the list also include FC in northern isles, Harkin Landing, Hartson dock, Ahonaria.

After coming back from soultaker pit I did some remaining boring job including looting Highground treasure and getting duelist gloves by fighting while being exposed to those exploding shrubs. Aaah a risky job. However I gave all fire resist. stuff to my Slith, he survived and revived the party and in this way I made it.

The next was Morbo, needless to say priest did great job with control foe and thus Morbo died with its own summoning power;-)

This was just enough to leave the Azure gallery for now.

The first thing I did after entering Vahanatai lands was to kill those boring boring boring terror wolves. I just hate this fight. However listening nice music and clicking mouse blindly eventually resulted in the death of all those fools. Then I killed more wandering monsters. Heck, they are available in acumecocy. Fine, I did it in one sitting which is a new achievement for me. Then I went to Thalants to do the dark presence quest. After this I leave everything else even the job board quest and leave Vahanatai land from the mani gate. I said hello to Ruth again and telling about my mercy was enough to keep her happy.smile

Eventually my todays gaming stopped after reaching Mel keep and completing his wish instantly. Also, I have now the pustulant gloves which will make my fights easy in Vahanatai lands.

Finally, I encountered a very humorous thing. Do you know what is tribut for GIFTS? Mel says that they are so irritating that I asked them to go away and this is their tribute. His dialogue was really nice. He also told about those cultists. Some human also leave here. Everything is ok but worship of dragon, he shakes head. The description was really nicelaugh

hey kindly tell in detail about the chain which gives +4 to thrown missile. Obviously I need it and thats too bad but I dont know its location.

1. If you want mage robe don't kill solberg until you've given him dragon egg (which means killing Melanchion or 1 char manages to escape her wrath).

2. Shrubs, there is spot in that cave/cellar where you can shoot 1 shrub and survive from those blasts.

3. It's behind secret door on that room you encounter Chroisss on northern wall, button to open that door is somewhere near. Walkthrough says it gives +1 to thrown not +4.

Are you gonna do other quests on Mel's area?

book to get +1 to thrown is in lower khora-vyss and button to open that door is nearby.

if you mean armor etc which gives bonuses to thrown missiles then archer's cloak (+2) and stained swamp gloves (+3), 1st is gotten from giant's castle, 2nd is gotten at dark river (around same area as dionicio's path and thalon ten-eyes) from dead giant shambler.

if you mean something else then no idea.