Favorite geneforge moments. Remembering the series[G5]

Originally Posted By: A Figment Of Your Imagination
You find him somewhere around Elrah's tomb, I believe. It's a demon trapped inside a golem that lives in a series of caves with a bunch of other golem-minions. Someone please confirm this.

This is one of the three, yes. Another is hidden in the Magus Complex. The third is in the Taker lands.

Dikiyoba.

Thank you Diki, I now remember finding all three.

@ Spddin, you have to take into account that it was around before the shapers left. But I think I remember something somewhere saying about restricted lifespans. Don't know where.

It could've been a new law set by the shapers as a reaction to the rebellion though.

@ Spddin, you have to take into account that it was around before the shapers left. But I think I remember something somewhere saying about restricted lifespans. Don't know where.
It could've been a new law set by the shapers as a reaction to the rebellion though.

after the rebellion the shapers stopped making minds that lived for a long time. i think it was gf4 that i learned this

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
You find him somewhere around Elrah's tomb, I believe. It's a demon trapped inside a golem that lives in a series of caves with a bunch of other golem-minions. Someone please confirm this.

This is one of the three, yes. Another is hidden in the Magus Complex. The third is in the Taker lands.

Dikiyoba.

Actually, one is north of Ellrah's tomb, one is just outside the final Taker complex, and one is inside the final taker complex. None are in the Magus complex.

I don't remember one inside the final taker complex, but there definitely is one inside the Magus Complex. It wants you to kill that borderline-crazy Shaper working with the Awakened (Don't remember his name).

Yep. There's a demonic shade in the Experimental Chambers of the Magus Complex who wants you to kill Tuldaric. There are no demons inside Benerii-Uss.

Dikiyoba.

We were talking about Demons in general. The only time any demons were placed in Golems is in G2.

Edit: Dikiyoba shouldn't cut in front of the Archon if Dikiyoba know's whats good for Dikiyoba.

Edit 2: Dikiyoba will do whatever Dikiyoba wants. tongue

While we're on the subject, a lot of cool innovations in G2 didn't make it into the later games, strangely. Followers, Demons, NPC made artifacts. etc

Quote:
Anyway, this brings to mind another memorable moment from GF2, spending the first five minutes of the game pressing shift-D and typing iwanttobestronger in the box repeatedly (don't judge me by that, I was an immature gamer back then).

Ahh, those were the good old days. Walking around with 15 points in Melee weapons, just eating up all the enemies with a dagger.

Quote:
If by followers you mean non-creation party members then they're still around, just not as common.

I preffered it when there was just a list of NPC's that were waiting to be picked up.

Quote:
Also, I guess magic anvils make npc-made artifacts more or less obsolete

Not really. There are still some things that a rookie rebel/apprentice wouldn't be able to make, even with the proper ingredients.

Quote:
(there is puresteel, but I've never tried it).

Err, there's no objects that can be made with Puresteel in G2.

Quote:
I don't remember them. What do you mean?

That confused Thahd near the farmer who lost his servile, the Vlish that was stuck in the Alpha bridge camp, the Servile Warrior that was residing in the Melcanion Eye's hideout, etc.

Originally Posted By: Ackrovan
Quote:
If by followers you mean non-creation party members then they're still around, just not as common.

I preffered it when there was just a list of NPC's that were waiting to be picked up.

Oh, you did mean recruitable NPCs.

Really, the demons are the only thing you listed that disappeared from the series. The other two just work differently.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: I need no introduction
the mind would have been killed anyway,
the shapers killed every thing one the island even the creations loyal to the shapers.

I vaugely recall the Obeyer ending stating that the leader of the Obeyers was able to see his obedience rewarded as his followers were allowed to live out the rest of the natural lives. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

Originally Posted By: Corrupted One
I vaugely recall the Obeyer ending stating that the leader of the Obeyers was able to see his obedience rewarded as his followers were allowed to live out the rest of the natural lives. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

That is correct. However, that ending isn't canon. In fact, no ending is canon; G2 has a version of events that is slightly different from anything that appears in G1.

Dikiyoba.

No, the canon ending is the unaligned nocanister one where both Gottesch and Trajkov are killed. Everyone on the island is killed, but (here's where the retconning starts) two of the dozens of Shapers sent to sterilize the Isle stole the secrets and escaped. All it is is adding information- nowhere is there a contradiction.

The "Dark Golem" is G5 is not a demon. Its a rouge Golem. The only rouge golem in the series. It dosn't attack until ordered (Like an Ordianry Golem) but still powerful and different.

The servant minds on Sucia lived for hundreds of years so the Shapers than wouldn't have considered it living longer than normal. Servant minds age changed when the war started. You do infact find this out in G4 in Illya where there is a lone Shaper. A servant mind that is 30 years old is considered old in G4.

Reading this thread and seeing someone mention Benerii-Uss from G2 reminded me of a memorable moment.

My endgame Shaper had several Gazers at that point. At least 4, maybe more. So I was clearing out some Taker lab, and I sent my big googly blobs of death north in teams of two, knowing they could take on pretty much anything that way. My wimpy Shaper stayed safely well behind, casually poking through containers for loot.

And got attacked by a deadly team of Servile Hunters, who had spawned somewhere off in some previously cleared corner of the lab, and were apparently stalking my Shaper specifically! I had already played G2 at least once at this point, and never met these nasty guys; and nothing like this had ever happened in G1 or anywhere else in G2. Nor did it ever happen again in later games.

As it happened my Shaper manage to hold the serviles off with a Reaper baton and dazing long enough for the Gazers to rush back and save his bacon. But it was a serious panic.

Then of course there was my defeat of the Titan in G4, with a creationless servile on Torment. After the usual long ordeal, the Titan's final form finally died — and my Servile was left with one pixel of health, no energy, and two fresh hostile Rotdhizons next to him — after having killed the Titan with his first strike of the round, thus being unable to simply run away. So I clicked on one of the Titan's defunct machines, which allowed me to move after attacking, and then on a distant Ur-Glaahk that I didn't have enough AP to reach. This got me far enough away from the Rots that they went for my charmed Kyshakks instead of me, and the next round I was safely out of there, victorious and alive.

• 2 months later...

I'm back guys. My favorite moments were in G2(mostly) just the feeling of that amazing game (I played it when I was like 9 or 10 for the first time) still gets me nostalgic. G2 was the best in the series for me, but I guess you already know why, lol. I remember when after I played shaper I few times I played guardian and got to those baton tree, man was that hard. I also remember uses the trainers for G2 ALOT of times after I finished the game.

I remember when I played G1 (after playing G2 alot of times) I was at the end of the demo and I was a powerful shaper, I had like 30 thudds, on command (or was that because of the trainer), it was crazy.

Jeff, please either restart or continue the geneforge series man, or at least make another good rpg series!