Favorite geneforge moments. Remembering the series[G5]

Hmm. My favorite Geneforge moment would have to be the endgame battle in Geneforge 4. Holding off a Shaper assualt, lead by one of the most infamous Shapers in the war, while helping giant, crazed dragon-men prep an army that will burn away an entire part of an Empire, saving a noble cause at the cost multitudes of innocent people.

The Last Archon

Someone's bound to mention the temple of the ornks, so I'll bring it up just to be first. For those who never found it, it's in the first game. You hear "angry mooing," then face off against a bunch of "rogue ornks" outside some sort of temple. Inside the temple are ornkskin gloves on an altar, but if you take them a glowing angelic ornk will appear and attack you.

• 3 weeks later...

G5, Playing as a rebel and after having joined Ghaldring, the drakon, I killed the 3 "southern" shapers of the council and left Rawal for the end.

So, I get next to him and you can still read over his face something like "I have so much work for you"...

(right before he went ready to try to fight me wink

• 5 months later...

One of many favorite moments of the series for me was in Geneforge 3 as a Pro Rebel with Greta when you repair the Creator Thing on the Isle where the Guardian Shaper Master Guy was, sorry if I am somewhat vague, but I been busy with Geneforge 5 at the moment, and well sometimes my memory is somewhat "Random Access".. Hee Hee. Other times, it's somewhat like a Photo.

Regardless, This series Rocks!

-"One of many favorite moments of the series for me was in Geneforge 3 as a Pro Rebel with Greta when you repair the Creator Thing on the Isle where the Guardian Shaper Master Guy was, sorry if I am somewhat vague, but I been busy with Geneforge 5 at the moment, and well sometimes my memory is somewhat "Random Access".. Hee Hee. Other times, it's somewhat like a Photo."

Yeah it was nice, though you lose Greta at the end.

Originally Posted By: Hypnotic
Was Perikalia in G4? smile

yes it was, it was the city that the shapers were hideing in at the top map.

curiosity question- i went there before i saw miranda in the (what ever -USS it is this time) and alwan was there. does that mean if i somehow kill alwan there he is not going to be in the unbound release zone for the final battle?

Originally Posted By: Shaper Tristan
yes it was, it was the city that the shapers were hideing in at the top map.

curiosity question- i went there before i saw miranda in the (what ever -USS it is this time) and alwan was there. does that mean if i somehow kill alwan there he is not going to be in the unbound release zone for the final battle?

No, that was Poryphra. And you can't kill Alwan in there; he'll go down to 1 HP, but no lower, no matter how many times you hit him.

You can, however, kill Alwan and Miranda when you catch them infiltrating the labs in the rebel endgame. It's more difficult than turning back and fighting them later, since you don't have any allies and most of the battle area will do damage to you every round, but if you succeed then you can release the Unbound without any further combat.

When I first found out that the Ornks at the beginning of G1 could be killed for extra experience, then subsequently attempting to slaughter them all, making it halfway through, then getting killed by them because I angered more than one at a time without realizing the damage they could do to a level 1 character.

Originally Posted By: Spddin Ignis
What if u were to dbug kill alwan in that area? I know you can, i just always reloaded. I only use dbug for fun, then reload it.

I'm fairly sure it won't have any effect on the rest of the game. The game has no reason to keep track of whether you killed Alwan in Poryphra, because you're not supposed to be able to kill Alwan in Poryphra.

• 4 weeks later...

In G1 the "Stupid" servant mind. It didn't realise it had been abandonded 200 years ago.

"I admini... admini... I do things. People say, 'We need essence.' And I say, 'Oh.' And someone says, 'Do you need anything?' And I say, 'Essence'. And they say, 'Oh.'"

"Nobody has told me I have done anything wrong for two hundred years, so I am doing good."

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: The Mystic
In G1 the "Stupid" servant mind. It didn't realise it had been abandonded 200 years ago.
I remember that mind. I wonder whatever happened to it?

Probably the same thing that happened to the rest of the creations on the island.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
I liked the demons in G2. All three of them were quite cool. It's kind of too bad Jeff phased demons out of Geneforge. They didn't really fit in the world, but Jeff does a good demon.

There were THREE demons in G2? I only found like one. Wait, is the demon trapped in the golem in G2? I can't quite remember.

I think demons could fit in the geneforge world. I mean, ghosts and necromancy do, why not demons?

A memorable moment for me was ruthlessly killing Khyryk on my first playthrough in G3, because I was so eager to get to the next island, I didn't even glance at any other dialogue option other than "I'm here to kill you". Then, on another, more attentive playthrough, I realized that you can let him live, and even convert him, and still go pro-rebel. I quite liked him, he was one of my favorite characters.

Also, attacking Master Hoge on the second island and killing him (using cheats to heal myself) then not being able to progress because he would not appear at the inn.

Originally Posted By: I need no introduction
the shapers killed off all forms of magic that was to powerful for them to contain (necromancers and demon worshipers).

Yet you still find them here and there, in places out of the shaper's reach. (anywhere in the rebel lands really. Or close to them. Remember the cultist hideout in GF4, or the secret necromancer's lair in GF3 on the second isle?)

Originally Posted By: A Figment Of Your Imagination
I remember that mind. I wonder whatever happened to it?
Probably the same thing that happened to the rest of the creations on the island.
Probably. But since it wasn't aware enough to notice 200 years passing, it might not have even had a clue as to what the island was used for, so the shapers could've found a use for it somewhere.

Spirit could be demon. But I double checked and realized that the golem I was thinking of is in G2.

You find him somewhere around Elrah's tomb, I believe. It's a demon trapped inside a golem that lives in a series of caves with a bunch of other golem-minions. Someone please confirm this.

Probably. But since it wasn't aware enough to notice 200 years passing, it might not have even had a clue as to what the island was used for, so the shapers could've found a use for it somewhere.

I agree that it probably didn't have any idea as to the purpose of the island, but there are a few reasons for why the shapers wouldn't let it live.

1) It had been out of control for 200 years, which deems it rogue.

2) It had outlived the normal lifespan of minds in shaper control.

3) The Shapers probably wouldn't stop to talk to it, unless it's someone like Zakary and Barzahl.

4) It's pretty stupid, it couldn't be that useful, and a newly created mind would be more effective.

In fact, the only reason for anyone to keep it alive is if they though that it knew secrets about the island, and it obviously doesn't.