Sign in to follow this  
Sade

Beastskin problems

The description for Beastskin spell says that it "helps you take less damage from fire, cold and similar effects."

However, when I cast the spell, no one in my party gets the blue tipped wand symbol which usually determinates magical resistance. So even if the spell does work, I don't have any idea how long will its effects last.

I haven't really seen any difference in damage between using and not using Beastskin, although I haven't actually tested it.

So, here's a couple of questions:

1) How long do Beastskins effects last?

2) Does the whole spell even work?

Bear in mind, I'm playing version 1.01.

What I did was to run through a wave of Reptrakos' fire breath 12 times each, one set with no spell boost and another set with beastskin. Truthfully, I didn't see any noticeable difference at all in terms of resistance to the fire damage, it all seemed to be within the same range for each of my characters regardless of whether the spell was up or not.

Unless someone else has run some tests that refute this, or unless maybe I'm missing a patch (I haven't noticed any major trouble in my game, so I never patched it), I think perhaps the spell IS broken.

I remember seeing the spell as broken in early versions, but I don't know if it ever got fixed.