Swamp City

aliennefatale

Hey all. My dad is having trouble in Swamp City and I can't remember exactly what to do. He is looking for the Onyx Key and the Slith Tome, which the walkthrough says are in the brownish rooms to the northeast. He says he's been through them all, using Magic Map, and still can't find what he's looking for. Can anyone remind me specifically where these two items are? Is there a bookshelf to search or something?

My dad is really frustrated, and I am too because I can't figure out why things aren't where I remember them being. frown We had to use the editor to fix the spider problem. Please help...

Thanks. He couldn't find the key there either... it's frustrating, because I'm not there to see what he's doing. It could be something as simple as not realizing bookshelves are searchable (although he knows that now--I told him.)

He's just retired and he's really liking the game, but he's getting terribly frustrated by Exile. And I'm getting frustrated because the walkthroughs are incomplete.

The Avernum Annotated Maps are your friends. Yes, the map covers Avernum, not Exile, but the differences are small enough that you can probably get by with it. And so can you father!

—Alorael, who thinks that's generally true of Exile. You're better off with the not quite identical but much more thorough Avernum walkthroughs.

I also find it hilarious that in A4, someone talks about how some people say that Adventures had to navigate on moving belts and that other people say that they fought their way through lazors.

However, it is best to find them and see exactly what they say.