Two hints needed

aliennefatale

Hi again. I haven't played in a long time, and I don't remember Exile as well as I should. The walkthrough isn't helping because it's not specific enough. Can anyone help with these two questions?

1. In Fort Duvno, Capt. Johnson tells you about a mission to free some prisoners. My dad says he sees the prisoner Daniel in the fort, but can't seem to free him. Every time he goes back there, Daniel is still there. Is there a trigger word needed to free Daniel?

2. My dad freed the spider from Aranea City. Then he found the talking spiders and asked for "mission". He got the mission to free the spider, which he'd already done. How does he trigger the opening of the webs to the north? Does he have to free the spider again? Or does he have to say the right trigger word to the talking spiders? He says he accidentally shot some of them before he realized they were friendly, but he left and came back again so they should be okay now (right?)

Thanks very much. Also, if anyone knows of a very specific, thorough walkthrough, please point me there.

I had the problem with the spider mission before. The is one specific spider, the chief spider, that gives the mission. I think I was able to get past the web plug after doing the Aranea City part without talking to the chief spider.

edit - The chief spider wanders along the northern and eastern corridors.

Fort Dunvo has the mission to take out the bandits to the west. I know Cotra has a prisoner mission in a Nephil fort to its north. I can't remember if there is a second prisoner mission to north of Fort Dunvo in the smaller Nephil fort.

Edit - Daniels needs to be told that the coast is clear to escape. I don't remember what the keyword is to get him to move.

Try the Avernum 1 walkthrough for help since that is close to Exile 1 except for an extra dungeon and the way characters are made.