Photo Thread Reborn

Balladeer

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
I should really lay off the excessive links. I'll just go with a couple of my favorites so far this summer and leave it at that. Lightning

Fantastic. How many attempts did it take to catch lightning in action? You can see how the lightning is traveling from the ground up in your picture. Very cool.

-S-

Originally Posted By: Synergy

Fantastic. How many attempts did it take to catch lightning in action? You can see how the lightning is traveling from the ground up in your picture. Very cool.

-S-

It was one of my first shots, actually. About a second of exposure and a great deal of luck. It was about time. It seems like every time I shoot lightning it slips in the space in between exposures.

This democratic unicorn was brought with a couple dozen other goats to a nature refuge park I frequent near my home to eat mountains of cut blackberry bushes, (which have nasty thorns.) I think you're right, it would take a Democratic unicorn to come up with this green approach to dispose park maintenance waste.

-S-

Originally Posted By: Synergy

Excalibur—you came to Mt. Rainier this summer (nice pics). How far did you travel?

I'm not so sure on the mileage, but it takes me about 12 hours to get to Seattle (~750 miles probably). Seattle to Mt. Rainier took about two hours and I think that stretch is about 90 miles.

I realized that I had a large backlog of pictures to share that I hadn't gotten around to uploading. Unfortunately, I managed to do something stupid with FUSE which crashed my Finder and renders my /Volumes/ a deadly trap for stat(), so getting them uploaded was a bit more troublesome than usual. I got it done, but when I discovered that I had exported them full size, I just couldn't bring myself to do it over again to shrink them down. So here they are in gigantic form:

Ducklings

We had an exceedingly vivid rainbow just between a rainstorm and sunset about a week ago: 1 2 3 4

Here's one of those accidental pictures, the kind that are usually of the inside of a pocket, except that this one ended up being rather pretty, I think: Surreal

The setup I ended up with during out last Hobopolis Hamster run: Lots of Computers

My cat, Shadow, again: 1 2

My brother's cat, resting on top of a luxury skytrain

An assault perambulator

A base with two sides, and two commanding officers (Captain Minotaur, and The Witch King). One prefers gardens, and keeps a deadly pet viper, while the other likes gloomy red and black battlements with spikes: 1 2 3

The aftermath of a battle. Demon 888, Darth Thnumitz, and the Scourge Knight can be seen cowering behind a stone tank in the foreground.

only found one more, but its well worth posting... >.>

deathfast.jpg

Behold, the breakfast of death.

french toast, a burrito, and a breakfast sandwich... the last two containing chorizo AND sausage, and all of them pan friend to crispy delightfulness... plus a beer for good measure. It was tasty, but I think I just rolled up five years of my lifespan and smoked them.

The burrito is scrambled eggs, bits of sausage, chorizo, little bit of fried onions and mushrooms, and bell peppers, all fried with Colby jack cheese, the tortilla browned to give it a little bit of crunch and help it retain its shape. The sandwich is the same ingredients in an omelet with the cheese, plus two strips of bacon, and a slice of American Cheese, with the bread seared in the pan as well, and the french toast is well... home made french toast with a cinnamon cooked into it, and sugar added afterward. + Pacifico... be careful though x3

Excalibur - Nice place :3

Originally Posted By: Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder.
The burrito is scrambled eggs, bits of sausage, chorizo, little bit of fried onions and mushrooms, and bell peppers, all fried with Colby jack cheese, the tortilla browned to give it a little bit of crunch and help it retain its shape. The sandwich is the same ingredients in an omelet with the cheese, plus two strips of bacon, and a slice of American Cheese, with the bread seared in the pan as well, and the french toast is well... home made french toast with a cinnamon cooked into it, and sugar added afterward. + Pacifico... be careful though x3
I am going to have to write this down. Then go and make it and eat it. Then possibly make it again.... grin

Originally Posted By: Master1
Are those two female ducks?? I can't quite tell...

Female, the males have a more grey color scheme as opposed to brown, and they tend to have patches of a single color instead of the speckles. But the most easily distinguishable trait is that the males also have bright green heads. They're very distinctive, like this:

Click to reveal..
mallard-duck.jpg

Originally Posted By: Dantius
They're very distinctive

Only during breeding season.

Dunno. I don't know enough about mallards to tell the difference between adult females, adult males in non-breeding plumage, and juveniles. At this point in the year, I think it could any of the three.

But hey, at least Dikiyoba is confident that they are mallards.

Originally Posted By: Dantius

Female, the males have a more grey color scheme as opposed to brown, and they tend to have patches of a single color instead of the speckles. But the most easily distinguishable trait is that the males also have bright green heads. They're very distinctive, like this:

Click to reveal..
mallard-duck.jpg

That's what I thought, but I was confused as to why they were... how they were.