Northern Isles GAME 1

*i

Thank you everyone for agreeing to play and watch. Here are the ground rules. Only the moderator (me) and people who are playing the game and are alive may post here. Anything else will be instantly deleted and you will have permissions removed from this forum.

The current living players are:

Alorael

Ash Lael

Bloodmoon

Dikiyoba

Excalibur

Iffy

Marlenny

Master Ackrovan

Nicothodes

Sarachim

Thuryl

Tyranicus

Some ground rules:

1) If you are playing PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES. They have been updated recently due to board irregularities.

2) Private communication is allowed, but only with PMs and you may only do so on a one-on-one basis. No PMs with more than one other person. You may have as many PMs with as many different people as you like so long as they do not contain more than you and that person.

3) Submit your actions to me by way of PM. If I cannot figure out what you want to do, I'll simply ignore it, so try to be clear.

4) Actions will be processed in the order they were received when I get around to them. Read the rules for how often you can submit and any other exceptions.

5) Please posts all rules questions in your PM with me or in the rules topics. This is a new game, so I anticipate having a few things here and there that may need minor fixing.

6) If you are not playing or dead, please do not influence the game. You may look, but not touch.

Otherwise, the game begins as of this post. Have fun!

No actions capable of killing anyone will be processed until Tuesday March, 23 2008 at 9 PM EDT.

Game will end on Monday March, 30 2008 at 9 PM EDT.

Alright...since this thread has finally existed for five minutes straight:

So the Anama Priest has only four potential roles that he can recruit: the adventurer, Dionicio, the Empire Spy, and Machrone (the Anama Hunter can, it looks like, since he or she isn't a magic-using role). Essentially, it would be to the priest's advantage that some of the mages end up dead.

Yes, it's definitely to the Anama Priest's advantage to start offing mages. The Darkside Blademaster and Adventurer are also recruitable unless I'm missing something, although recruiting the Adventurer is a terrible idea for the Priest.

So, who feels like coming forward with a role now? Some of them aren't anyone's target and there's no real downside to coming public with the information.

—Alorael, who promises not to believe all the lies everyone will be spewing about their roles. Honest!

DLs cannot be recruited by the Anama; *i recently added that.

It's also worth noting that the DLs and the Necromancer share common enemies, since the Adventurer and the Empire Spy can both win by killing the Necromancer, and the Necromancer is competing with Shanker for the artifacts.

It's nice to see that UBB finally let you log on, Master Ackrovan.

I weakened the crystal spire, it now only gives information on skill and NOT immunities.

For a stealth role, his or her first attack will be undetected. Every attack thereafter has the 50% chance of being revealed to a random person. The person being attacked is never seen as suspicious.

You may not attack yourself.

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Thank you. It clearly does not know how to treat an Archon. (Though for a second, I thought I might get kicked from the game. God bless the press!)

The Last Archonic Newsies.

Machrone! tongue

He wishes. That wasn't nearly subtle enough, and, Machrone has nothing at all to lose by coming clean, so why not do it openly?

Originally Posted By: Nikki.

He wishes. That wasn't nearly subtle enough, and, Machrone has nothing at all to lose by coming clean, so why not do it openly?

Well, revealing you are Machrone doesn't mean much unless you can provide proof. Pretending to be Machrone probably doesn't have many setbacks, since no one is enemies with him, and the real Machrone has weak attack abilities (and wouldn't be at much of a disadvantage with an imposter running around).

Hmm...So Shanker and the Adventurer would make excellent allies, and it would also be advantageous for the Empire Spy and Dionicio to strike up a deal with Machrone, since they're both interested in ascertaining people's roles (of course, the Spy and Dionicio wouldn't meet, but anyway...).

UPDATE:

Someone made a good point about how people know how close they are to their victory condition. I am leaning toward giving relevant people some information about how well they are doing.

* Adventurer, Empire Spy: When they make a kill, they will be told if the person was a target role or not, and, if so, which one.

* Anama Hunter: Will be told when he or she kills an Anama member. Will be informed once all Anama are dead.

* Dionicio, Darkside Loyalists, Anama Priest: Once per day, will be given information about how many enemies remain.

* Bound Servant + anyone else under a geas: Will know when Gladwell dies.

Do these sound fair?

I got a couple questions. Here are my answers:

1) You can submit killing actions to me in the first 24 hours. It's just I will not process them until a day is up. Once the time has passed, anything I could not process before due to that rule will be processed in the order they were received. If you kill someone first, they cannot be alive to kill you. So there is still an advantage to submitting your kills earlier than later.

2) Someone asked if it was okay to quote me in their private messages. I allow private communication, but there are a few restrictions. One reasonable one I feel is to request people not quote me and instead speak in character during public and private communications about the game. Besides, my words can always be fabricated by the unscrupulous player smile . I don't want to be a pedant about this, so just use your common sense.

Originally Posted By: *i
So there is still an advantage to submitting your kills earlier than later.

Well, at this point there's only an advantage if you think killing random people is an advantage, unless somebody has actually found out the identity of one of their targets yet.

A lot of people have not given me an action yet. While this is fine for a lot of people, there are several others where there is essentially no reason not to. I would suggest those people do something or they will have one less action than they would have.

Remember, actions get processed as they are received not just at the end of the day.

Note: I have not received any actions since around 2 AM EST. If you sent one after that, send it again and tell me. Since we've been having server trouble, it is very possible the forums ate your actions.

Suddenly there is a huge commotion. A body has washed up on one of the Northern Isle shores. News spreads fast and shocks everyone. Someone shouts in vain, "Who would think think there is an advantage to such a random killing!?"

Another onlooker chimes in, quite inappropriately, "Well, unless someone identified their target already." Everyone is in despair at the thought of who would be next to kill. Everyone starts to suspect their neighbor. Who knows what?

THURYL HAS BEEN KILLED

Okay, apparently our posts in this thread can't be edited so...

I'd like to learn some information via this thread instead of a whole bunch of PMs. I have learned that Thuryl targeted me last night, which also means he wasn't killed by a counterattack.

No question was submitted, otherwise it would be posted. Just note the rules make no distinction whether Machrone is dead or not. If he asks a question, everyone is still bound to answer them even if he is dead.

I will look into the editing posts provision. Probably just me forgetting to set the permission correctly.

Well, UBB is having serious permission setting issues. Basically, it got to the point where I couldn't even modify the posts here. Well, everyone can post here now.

Anyway, Nioca had to withdraw due to board issues. He has been replaced by Ash Lael. If you sent communications to Nioca, please send a copy to Ash.

Another body was discovered! This time a mushroom farmer found it disposed of in a small grove of cave trees.

News, once again, travels fast and the atmosphere has become panicked. Two people found dead in such a short period of time! The residents of the Northern Isles wonder if anyone is truly safe anymore.

DIKIYOBA HAS BEEN KILLED

Machrone has sent out a questionnaire. Any actions submitted after now require you to have answered this question.

Question 1: What is your skill level?

People Answered:

Tyranicus

Ackrovan

Marlenny

Excalibur

Nicothodes

Bloodmoon

Ash Lael

A headless corpse was found by a fisherman as she passed a small island. The fisherman takes the body back to one of the larger isles. Several people gather around, lamenting the most recent tragedy. Another person has been killed in a gruesome fashion.

People sob and wail as the body is given a respectful burial. Afterward people begin to wonder who is going to be next.

ALORAEL HAS BEEN KILLED

Two more bodies were discovered today, both on opposite ends of the Isles. One of them suffered a massive blow to the stomach and was found in an abandoned campsite. The other was discovered by some Nephil hunters in the eastern part of the Isles.

Tyranicus has been killed!

Ash Lael has been killed!

Smoke is seen coming from a cave. Some people go in to investigate and find Ackrovan, dead in his bed, his body horribly burned. The fire consumed any evidence of who he was or who may have done this horrible act.

ACKROVAN HAS BEEN KILLED!