Some cool SDF codes, potions, spells, cheats, hints and custom items. (unofficial)[G5]

This makes items in inventory much more visible. It will also make the "load saved game" files, "traffic signs" and "info" screens background grey but still readable. (They all use the same targa file as background.)

If anyone finds this idea helpful, but wants text more vivid against the grey background, I think I can edit the text colors.

www.freewebs.com/microphage/gf5visual.ZIP

(Note: If you cycle back here without getting the file just copy and paste the link in a new browser window.)

To make items in inventory much easier to see this G143.tga file has been modified to make the background 2 shades of grey instead solid black. Some item icons were nearly invisible because they were black, or close to black themselves.

Saltweed, Swamp Herbs, Wiry Moss and belts for example. You could still mouse over them and see the text info.

The file goes in the Geneforge 5\Geneforge 5Files\Graphics Core\ folder.

As always, be sure to make backup before changing file.

-=microphage=-

Please feel free to add any cool tips and tricks you may have.

.......And rename the subject line with the description.

............................-=microphage=-

In Trakovite Haven:

Sage Mendoa, (potions and spells)

Caretaker Eloise, (supplies)

and Rummus (trade)

Get access to supplies, potions, and all 3 spell levels. No script editing:

SDF 100 6 2

SDF 34 9 9

Use shiftD to open cheat console to enter each cheat code.

Do NOT talk to LITALIA just Sage Mendoa, Caretaker Eloise, and Rummus until you get what you want and then enter the codes below!

USE these, or you'll BE a FULL BLOWN Trakovite! And skip ahead in game play! frown

SDF 100 6 1

SDF 34 9 0

Note: If you want to use the spells right away, Pyro's trainer makes it possible. This one NPC will

give you 18 of the 20 spells without becoming a Trakovite and jumping through all their hoops.

Do not use these cheats if you are playing as a Trakovite. You'll miss the gratification of "earning" the rewards.

You will also need money: Found here to pay for the training if you're not running Pyro's trainer. Though

you'll have the spells you won't have enough essense to use them till you earn some or use Pyro's trainer.

If you don't mind scripting go to gf5itemschars.txt (backup first!)

begindefineitem 253;

it_name = "Cake";

it_graphic_template = 51;

it_graphic_sheet = 1;

it_which_icon_ground = 7;

it_which_icon_inven = 7;

it_variety = 14;// makes cake cheat give

it_value = 10000;//10000 coins instantly

begindefineitem 254;

it_name = "Kabob";

it_graphic_template = 51;//kabob original

it_graphic_sheet = 1;//kabob original

it_variety = 9;//kabob original

it_which_icon_ground = 10;

it_which_icon_inven = 10;

Add the lines in green, and every time you use 'giveasnack' cheat you'll get 10000 coins anywhere, anytime in game. Be poor no more!

And if you don't like dying, especially at the death craft of the Unbound try this

custom sword:

//godmode sword

begindefineitem 85;

import = 68;

it_name = "Blade of Unbounding";

it_graphic_coloradj = 1024;

it_level = 300;

it_value = 5000;

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 3;//endurance +20

it_stats_addition 0 = 20;

it_stats_to_affect 1 = 4;//melee +20

it_stats_addition 1 = 20;

it_stats_to_affect 2 = 6;//quick action +20

it_stats_addition 2 = 20;

it_stats_to_affect 3 = 7;//parry +20

it_stats_addition 3 = 20;

You can then get it at first sign at north entry of Minallah by doing this:

z1Tminahdlg.txt

begintalknode 27;

state = -1;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "special";

text1 = "The sign says:";

text2 = " Temporary Creation Storage";

text3 = " Do not leave creations here without clearance from Mind on duty.";

code = reward_give(85);

break;

So this should give you an edge. (Pun intended.)

Remember: Back up files before modding. Also, these cheats, even when added, don't

have to be used, so no 'cheat guilt'.

Another custom item, nothing replaced:

//godmode item

begindefineitem 189;

import = 0;

it_name = "Spymaster Charm";

it_graphic_coloradj = 128;

it_protection = 25;

it_graphic_sheet = 9;

it_which_icon_ground = 9;

it_which_icon_inven = 8;

it_variety = 11;

it_abil_work_in_pack = 1;

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 20;//leadership 20+

it_stats_addition 0 = 20;

it_stats_to_affect 1 = 21;//mechanics 20+

it_stats_to_affect 2 = 0;//strength 50+

it_stats_addition 2 = 50;

it_stats_to_affect 3 = 215;//stealth 30+

it_stats_addition 3 = 30;

it_value = 0;

Again, you can get it by scripting the z1Tminahdlg.txt sign.

z1Tminahdlg.txt

begintalknode 27;

state = -1;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "special";

code = reward_give(189);//Spymaster Charm or Sorceror Stone

break;

//godmode item

begindefineitem 189;

import = 0;

it_name = "Sorcerer Stone";

it_graphic_coloradj = 64;

it_protection = 25;

it_graphic_sheet = 9;

it_which_icon_inven = 8;

it_variety = 11;

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 2;//intelligence 30+

it_stats_addition 0 = 30;

it_stats_to_affect 1 = 9;//Battle 30+

it_stats_addition 1 = 30;

it_stats_to_affect 2 = 10;//mental 30+

it_stats_addition 2 = 30;

it_stats_to_affect 3 = 11;//blessing 30+

it_stats_addition 3 = 30;

it_value = 200;

You must choose between 1 of the 2 items mentioned here. They both use item number 189 so pick which you'd rather have.

(You can't make more than 3-4 unique custom items in G5. Reason: Total number of lines are used up. Regardless of line #.)

Please feel free to add any cool tips and tricks you may have.

.......And rename the subject line with the description.

..................................-=microphage=-

//godmode item

begindefineitem 190;

import = 0;

it_name = "Magic Charm";

it_graphic_coloradj = 64;

it_protection = 30;

it_graphic_sheet = 9;

it_which_icon_inven = 8;

it_variety = 11;

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 2;//intelligence 50+

it_stats_addition 0 = 50;

it_stats_to_affect 1 = 9;//battle magic 20+

it_stats_to_affect 2 = 10;//mental magic 20+

it_stats_addition 2 = 20;

it_stats_to_affect 3 = 11;//blessing magic 20+

it_stats_addition 3 = 20;

it_stats_to_affect 4 = 12;//spellcraft 30+

it_stats_addition 4 = 30;

it_value = 0;

z1Tminahdlg.txt

begintalknode 27;

state = -1;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "special";

code = reward_give(190);//Magic Charm

break;

Please tell me if this works or not.

Originally Posted By: Raelag
you can use number 486.

Originally Posted By: Doom Warrior
Woops, sorry. I just threw that together a bit to quickly. If someone wants to, they can make it better.

You could use 486 as long as you don't add too many actual lines. You could give existing item numbers a boost in stats.

You can't make more than 3 unique custom items in G5. Reason: Total number of lines are used up. Regardless of line #.

You can add lines to an existing items until you hit that cap of actual total number of lines.

That is why I referred you to an editor.

I have yet to find time to make another one.

Originally Posted By: Krysis
Not exactly, i've succeeded in altering two charms so that they would give me +50 intelligence each, and i've had no problems so far.

Now that is doable. (Modding an existing item.) It appears that GF5 has a more limited number regardless of how many available line numbers there are. Or, more likely, there has always been a max number of lines and we reached it by adding 3 more items. Meaning GF5 has more items/characters than previous games.

Even if I make a duplicate of an item and change the line number it crashes every time. We are apparently looking at "custom" (unique) item numbers limited to 3 and anything else will have to be done to an existing item. frown

This would explain why when I tried to make a custom "magic" charm the game crashed. I'd have to make a choice between the sword, the Spymaster charm, or a Magic Charm.

Originally Posted By: Doom Warrior
As said in some far away thread, the max for stats seemed to be 200. After that, the computer crashes. But for me, after one of the patches for G5, I accidentaly went past that limit (again), but that time it worked.

Yep. I've done that intentionally in the past. If you do it right you can go well over 200 before unbalancing the game.

And that's another thing, no matter how I parse it I haven't been able to get above 90% on protection/armor. In the past anything over 100% made you invulnerable.

On the bright side, G5 is the best Spiderweb game ever! The graphics are great! Also, the way selling is done to help prevent mistakes. Not to mention that it checks you when you try to load a previous save (particularly F4 quick save loader) over the existing one! I love it! (Anyone who accidentally hit F3 or F4 or vice versa will relate to this.)

Yay Jeff!

If you really have to choose between those few things, I would just make myself those first two, and push all the stats from the items that I'm not using over to some equipment that I am.

By the way microphage, how good is your blade of unbounding? And does it do anything special, like have a ranged attack, or kill every enemy within range or something?

I see you are back into modding and editing again...until my computer works smoothly with GF5, i cant do any major modding myself but ill try yours

speaking of custom items and max stats, i have manage to create four charms each increasing 4 stats, however i cant equip all four, i can only equip two or three depending on what charm and what stat it increases...

Yeah, it's a bit tricky with this game because it has more characters/items than earlier ones.

There may be an item or 2 not used in game that can be sacrificed to make more custom items. I'm gonna test that before posting it.

Good to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing some good stuff when hardware/software smoothes out for you.

About those charms, do they all work from your pack? If so, you may be looking at some maxed out specs.

Hi:

I am so confused. How do I find the gf5itemschars.txt so that I can edit the lines? Also I have version 1.02 and tried downloading both trainers listed but nothing happened when I followed the instructions and set everything to "on". Can you please help as I am new at this and am disabled so spend a lot of time on the computer playing games.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

cmmerritt

The path to 'gf5itemschars.txt' (assuming you installed default path for Windows). should be:

c:\Program Files\Spiderweb Software\Geneforge 5\Geneforge 5 Files\Scripts\gf5itemschars.txt

Make a copy of entire 'scripts' folder and paste it somewhere safe before trying to edit anything.

As for the latest trainer/game version all you should have to do is run latest version of trainer and then game then hit alt/tab from the game and it should pause game and let you see trainer screen.

A lot of what it does isn't glaringly obvious. With 'essence' turned on try to shape. If you can shape and max out more than 2 or 3 creations and still have full essence it's working.

In Stormhold:

Both trainers are in south/western building.

Sage Pavyl (spells)

Shaper Marzan, (shaping)

Get access to all spells and shaper levels that being aligned with General Alwan can supply. No script editing:

SDF 42 12 12

Use shiftD to open cheat console to enter each cheat code.

Do NOT talk to Alwan! Just Sage Pavyl, and Shaper Marzan until you get what you want and then enter the code below!

USE this, or you'll BE FULLY ALIGNED with Alwan! And will skip ahead in gameplay!

SDF 42 12 1

Note: If you want to use the spells/skills right away, Pyro's trainer makes it possible. Do not use

these cheats if you are playing as pro shaper. You'll miss the gratification of "earning" the rewards.

You will also need money: Found here to pay for the training if you're not running Pyro's trainer. Though

you'll have the spells/skills you won't have enough essense to use them till you earn some or use Pyro's trainer.

Hmm, perhaps - although if that is the case, im not sure what im doing wrong. I enter the Trakovite haven, for example - I use shift D to bring up the cheat console, I enter in

SDF 100 6 2

then hit enter, shift D, and enter in

SDF 34 9 9

... and nothing happens, no difference in dialog, no additional items / spells available.

Would it be possible to script an item you can use to enhance other items? That might be tricky, but it'd be awesome to have a super-item-enhancement that can be gotten at only a few locations in the game, much like rare crafting items. It would also make some areas more appealing to certain classes for artifact materials, as some materials aren't always needed. (Speaking here of my Sorceress build, didn't even do anything optional in the Okavano area...)

Originally Posted By: emberglow
Hmm, perhaps - although if that is the case, im not sure what im doing wrong. I enter the Trakovite haven, for example - I use shift D to bring up the cheat console, I enter in
SDF 100 6 2
then hit enter, shift D, and enter in
SDF 34 9 9
... and nothing happens, no difference in dialog, no additional items / spells available.

Sounds like you're doing it correctly. What should happen is: When in Trakovite Haven, talk to Sage Mendoa, (potions and spells), Caretaker Eloise, (supplies), or Rummus (trade) before using the codes. Note the dialog, then enter the codes and talk again. They should (and still do on my end) offer you everything possible for a full Trakovite. I believe I have the latest version (v1.0.2). I'll download again and test it. The version updates should have only effected the game .exe, not the scripts.

O.K. Just downloaded the game, it's exactly what I've been running (v 1.0.2) and the codes work fine.

Originally Posted By: Dreadful Realm of Dynasty
Would it be possible to script an item you can use to enhance other items? That might be tricky, but it'd be awesome to have a super-item-enhancement that can be gotten at only a few locations in the game, much like rare crafting items. It would also make some areas more appealing to certain classes for artifact materials, as some materials aren't always needed. (Speaking here of my Sorceress build, didn't even do anything optional in the Okavano area...)

I experimented and changed:

// 385 augmentations
begindefineitem 385;
import = 4;
it_name = "Blessing Crystal";
it_graphic_sheet = 9;
it_which_icon_inven = 8;
it_charges = 0;
it_value = 100;
it_stats_to_affect 0 = 220;
it_stats_addition 0 = 1;

To:
it_stats_addition 0 = 3;// Was 1 originally. No change in effect. <=======<<

This is where you'd boost augment stat: 'it_stats_addition 0 = 3;'// was 1 changed to 3 no difference in stats.
You may want to play around in 'gf5objsmisc.txt' for effect 220 and see if what you want to do is there.

As for a custom 'super augmenting item' & placing it in a zone, Yes, it's possible to do with scripts. I
am still on my first play through and have already used up any extra lines. Will look at this area later.

Some of what you want to do may be hard-coded in the game's .exe file and EULA doesn't permit that.

Originally Posted By: emberglow
I see, thanks. tongue I couldn't get it working myself, a reinstall got it working, although i'm not certain why that would work... it did.

Chapter 1 verses 1 & 2 of modders bible:
1] Thou shalt make backups BEFORE changing anything.
2] When all else fails, reload or reinstall!

I have no clue why that fixed it either, glad it did!

Making augmenting items stack is handy for saving room in your pack/inventory:

// 385 augmentations

begindefineitem 385;

import = 4;

it_name = "Blessing Crystal";

it_graphic_sheet = 9;

it_which_icon_inven = 8;

it_charges = 1;//Was 0 originally. As 1 it's stackable!

it_value = 100;

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 220;

it_stats_addition 0 = 1;

Now items:

385 "Blessing Crystal"

386 "Runed Ruby"

387 "Charging Stone"

388 "Runed Amethyst"

389 "Ivory Skull"

390 "Runed Onyx"

391 "Tiny Orb of Mist"

392 "Steel Spine"

393 "Ethereal Bindings"

394 "Golden Crystal"

are stackable!

// Special item quest items

begindefineitem 292;

import = 262;// Was 263 originally. Now stax.

it_name = "Crystalline Fibers";

it_graphic_sheet = 9;

it_which_icon_ground = 7;

it_which_icon_inven = 6;

it_graphic_coloradj = 1024;

it_value = 0;

it_weight = 5;

Now items:

292 "Crystalline Fibers"

293 "Pure Quicksilver"

294 "Solidified Flame"

295 "Unmelting Ice"

296 "Ur-Drakon Skin"

297 "Essence-Infused Iron"

are stackable!

Note: If you already have some of these items they may not stack at first and will show an 'X' for count.

At some point after some new saves they will become stackable. On a 'new game' they stack from start.

To separate stacked items for use: hold left shift key and left click mouse on item to select how many.

Don't be surprised if the items with 'X' as a number simply vanish when adding to a item that's stacked.

Augmentation Package. Get it at Minallah North Entry Sign. Gives up to 5 of each item.

There are 36 slots in inventory and 28 items. You can use the ground or any container if you need to.

z1Tminahdlg.txt (Using the above scripts to make these items ''stackable'' is recommended.)

begintalknode 27;

state = -1;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "special";

code = set_spec_item(8,8);// 8 pieces puresteel that's forgable

// 1 of up to 5 of each augmenting items.

reward_give(4);//Gemstone

reward_give(288);//Mandrake Tincture

reward_give(289);//Demon's Bile

reward_give(292);//Crystalline Fibers

reward_give(293);//Pure Quicksilver

reward_give(294);//Solidified Flame

reward_give(295);//Unmelting Ice

reward_give(296);//Ur-Drakon Skin

reward_give(297);//Essence-Infused Iron

reward_give(420);//Perfect Fyora Scale

reward_give(421);//Perfect Drayk Scale

reward_give(422);//Perfect Draykon Scale

reward_give(423);//Artila Eye

reward_give(424);//Glaahk Eye

reward_give(425);//Eyebeast Eye

reward_give(426);//Roamer Fang

reward_give(427);//Rotghroth Fang

reward_give(428);//Vlish Tentacle

reward_give(385);//Blessing Crystal

reward_give(386);//Runed Ruby

reward_give(387);//Charging Stone

reward_give(388);//Runed Amethyst

reward_give(389);//Ivory Skull

reward_give(390);//Runed Onyx

reward_give(391);//Tiny Orb of Mist

reward_give(392);//Steel Spine

reward_give(393);//Ethereal Bindings

reward_give(394);//Golden Crystal

// 2

reward_give(4);

reward_give(288);

reward_give(289);

reward_give(292);

reward_give(293);

reward_give(294);

reward_give(295);

reward_give(296);

reward_give(297);

reward_give(420);

reward_give(421);

reward_give(422);

reward_give(423);

reward_give(424);

reward_give(425);

reward_give(426);

reward_give(427);

reward_give(428);

reward_give(385);

reward_give(386);

reward_give(387);

reward_give(388);

reward_give(389);

reward_give(390);

reward_give(391);

reward_give(392);

reward_give(393);

reward_give(394);

// 3

reward_give(4);

reward_give(288);

reward_give(289);

reward_give(292);

reward_give(293);

reward_give(294);

reward_give(295);

reward_give(296);

reward_give(297);

reward_give(420);

reward_give(421);

reward_give(422);

reward_give(423);

reward_give(424);

reward_give(425);

reward_give(426);

reward_give(427);

reward_give(428);

reward_give(385);

reward_give(386);

reward_give(387);

reward_give(388);

reward_give(389);

reward_give(390);

reward_give(391);

reward_give(392);

reward_give(393);

reward_give(394);

// 4

reward_give(4);

reward_give(288);

reward_give(289);

reward_give(292);

reward_give(293);

reward_give(294);

reward_give(295);

reward_give(296);

reward_give(297);

reward_give(420);

reward_give(421);

reward_give(422);

reward_give(423);

reward_give(424);

reward_give(425);

reward_give(426);

reward_give(427);

reward_give(428);

reward_give(385);

reward_give(386);

reward_give(387);

reward_give(388);

reward_give(389);

reward_give(390);

reward_give(391);

reward_give(392);

reward_give(393);

reward_give(394);

// 5

reward_give(4);

reward_give(288);

reward_give(289);

reward_give(292);

reward_give(293);

reward_give(294);

reward_give(295);

reward_give(296);

reward_give(297);

reward_give(420);

reward_give(421);

reward_give(422);

reward_give(423);

reward_give(424);

reward_give(425);

reward_give(426);

reward_give(427);

reward_give(428);

reward_give(385);

reward_give(386);

reward_give(387);

reward_give(388);

reward_give(389);

reward_give(390);

reward_give(391);

reward_give(392);

reward_give(393);

reward_give(394);

break;

If I've missed anything let me know.

Yes. If you make them stack. If you don't just use the green stuff and leave off the 2nd through fifth repeats that are in black.

I did this this way to give some flexability. There are 28 items. Your pack has 36 slots and 4 quick use slots. The 8 'puresteel'

items go in special items storage and don't use your pack/inventory slots at all. Then haul to an anvil in top and bottom maps.

What I do is store them in a box or cabinet in an enchanted anvil area. I believe they each have containers of some type nearby

to use. And of course, there's always the ground. smile

begindefineitem 390;

it_name = "Runed Onyx";

it_graphic_sheet = 9;

it_which_icon_ground = 11;//was 14

it_which_icon_inven = 10;//was 15

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 225;

it_value = 400;

it_graphic_coloradj = 128;//Black, gray banded

This is just a personal preference. It now looks like a runed black onyx gem.

Hey! Noticed that "Melted Sand" (item 214) isn't used in this version.

Could free up some lines for custom items. Are there more out there?

Originally Posted By: Dune2349
I've got a small question about modding pc created creations if you could answer it for me.

Can I edit a creation to instead of attack, spawn a roamer or worm or other creation?

Yes. And that question isn't small.
I'm still on my first 'play-through'.

Maybe one of the Mac-Heds knows.

I guess you could take the attack from a spawner and paste it over or add it to a creation's original attack, but I think that the things it would make would still want to kill you. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing you would need to tinker a bit to make those creations somehow on your side. Has anybody tried doing this?

Well it turns out that spawners actually have no attack. All they can do is spawn a creation at the max once every three turns.

I've even pasted the whole spawner begindefinecreature code onto the pryoroamers begindefinecreature, but all that did was make me able to make a spawner that was on my side and looked like one, just couldnt spawn. Pointless right?

Originally Posted By: -=microphage=-
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Melted Sand appears in Perikalia Farms in the Alchemist's shop. It seems to be there just for fun.

OK.
You've stumped me. I can't find Melted Sand anywhere outside of g5itemschars.txt. Definately not Rudelle.
What am I'm I missing?

I checked my notes and had it as a NY item in a jar container. Jeff might have removed it in Windows version, but I definitely saw it in the Mac version and spent the rest of the game looking for a use of it.

This is going to sound crazy but here goes:

Just started game today and was still at Rudelle's shop. I had been there in the past week and cleaned her out so there was nothing of value in the jar, the 2 cabinets, the desk or the ground.

I looked in the jar that was empty yesterday and last week and there was trash and a NY melted sand!

I removed item 214 from g5itemschars.txt and the jar still had NY and that patch of grass you get when you don't have an item number or use one that doesn't exist yet when scripting.

Anyhow, I may try using those lines for something else after getting and selling the item, though it doesn't crash the game if you don't. Maybe even use that jar as the means of getting it. Strange...

P.S. At least I know now that there's only 1 in the game and it's worth 5 coins.

P.S.S. I'm using 'exitzone' a lot. Not sure if that causes problems occasionally.