starting new game

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε

the games sets up correctly but when i start a new game it starts to load and then freezes and when i minimize the game wondows tells me about an error and just closes the game

my computer is a pretty new quad core vista with 3 gig of ram and i just upgraded the drivers after reading the other posts.

i uninstalled and reinstalled from another download and have the same problems

sorry for not giving enough information

the gsme is geneforge 5 when i start a new game it goes to the loading screen and says creating new campaign and loading scenario data. after about five seconds it freezes and when i minimize a windows error message comes up saying geneforge5.exe has stopped working a problem caused it to stop windows will close

my computer is an intel core 2 quad q6600 at 2.4 ghz with 3 gb ram

and i have a geforce 8400 graphics card with updated drivers

i tried everything but the registry wipe and somehow got it to work last nite, this morning it didn't work again so i looked for anything different and discovered that if i had windows media player running the game got stuck by scenario data. but if i reset the computer and started the game it worked. also if i then minimized and started media player i didn't have any problem

omg im an idiot its not media player after all. i was playing around with things and i figured out the when i open the game from a shortcut it works but if i open it up from the widget informer dock that i have most shortcuts running on it dosen't work. thanx everyone for all your help though

Originally Posted By: lifeguardernie
omg im an idiot its not media player after all. i was playing around with things and i figured out the when i open the game from a shortcut it works but if i open it up from the widget informer dock that i have most shortcuts running on it dosen't work. thanx everyone for all your help though

If you right click on a Shortcut and select Properties, you will see that there is a Start In field. That has to be set to the game's home directory. If that bit of information gets lots when you move the shortcut to the widget, the game won't run. I suspect that's what's happening.

- Jeff Vogel