Geneforge 4 demo crashing

wireless

Quote:
This is the tech support forum, where you can request help when our games are not working properly. Before you ask for help, however, there are a number of steps you can take which can fix many odd problems.

i. Restart your machine and try the game again. Run the game when no other applications are running. A lot of glitches and crashes are one-time things and don't happen again.
ii. Sometimes, game files can become corrupted. Try uninstalling, redownloading and reinstalling the game. This fixes a surprising number of odd problems.
iii. Your graphics or sound driver files might be out of date or damaged. Get the latest versions of your sound and video card drivers and reinstall them. Even if you are currently running the newest version, the files or settings might be corrupted and reinstalling might help. (Once, this advice applied to Windows users only. These days, reinstalling video card drivers can help the users of Macintoshes too.)
iv. (Windows users.) If random crashes happen during gameplay, try turning the sound off. If this helps, reinstall your sound card drivers too.
v. (Windows users.) Sometimes, reinstalling DirectX solves unexplained crashes.

Should these steps not work, post your request for help below. Be sure to include the following information:

i. What game are you having the problem with? What version of the game are you using?
ii. For Windows or Macintosh?
iii. What version of the operating system are you using? What sort of machine are you using? (For example: Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 8200 using an Intel chip.)

Maybe those can help.

Send an e-mail to Jeff (spidweb(at)spiderwebsoftware(dot) com) with the information given in your first post. Maybe you'll have better luck there.

Also, did you perhaps change some of the game's settings while the game was working? The preferences file is stored with the saved games in the Documents folder, so it might be possible that your problem is there if the preferences file didn't actually get reinstalled.

Dikiyoba really doesn't know enough to help. Sorry.

Well, i managed to make it work after reinstalling windows. Either my system was infected or too old and got some troubles in C++ runtime and registry...anyway, soon after installing geneforge i got a couple of bsods and decided to make a reinstall. Now everything works fine. Sorry for troubling the community. Dreamqueen - you may also have problems with windows itself.