First BoA Scenarios Don't Appear...

Razorok

Hello,

I may be an idiot for not being able to solve this problem and I may be missing something really obvious but...

I just downloaded the free version of BoA. I created my party and I am all set to start the first scenario - Valley of Dying. So I clicked "enter scenario" and there are no scenarios listed on the menu. The screen is completely blank with just a cancel button. Am I missing something?

I have reinstalled the program twice. I have deleted the download and downloaded it again, and tried reinstalling twice. Nothing seems to work. Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks,

Razorok

No, I was just a little confused when you were talking about a "free" version and wanted to make sure you weren't downloading it off of some bad website. My website wouldn't have it.

I really haven't heard of anything like this happening before, especially on an XP. Here's a few things I'd recommend doing:

1. Make sure the game is up-to-date (check the game webpage for the most recent version)

2. Go to your "Program Files" folder and open the folder "Blades of Avernum." You should see two folders labeled: "Data" and "Blades of Avernum Scenarios." Open the scenarios folder and tell me what you see. If it's blank, I'll try sending you the scenario files. If it's full I'd recommend emailing Jeff. Actually, it might be a good idea to email Jeff anyway.

EDIT: Stupid question but could you possibly be downloading this game for Mac?

I think your problem is that you have to physically transfer on the hard disk each scenario folder into the Blades of Avernum Scenario folder. This folder comes blank so that when you play the game you only can access the scenarios that you want. There is a limit to the number of scenarios that the game can access so you need to swap them if you buy the game and download all the possible scenarios.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
I think your problem is that you have to physically transfer on the hard disk each scenario folder into the Blades of Avernum Scenario folder. This folder comes blank so that when you play the game you only can access the scenarios that you want.

Really? In the Windows download, they don't start in the Scenarios folder? That's an odd decision on Jeff's part, if true.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I rechecked that I was running the windows version and I had the most up-to-date version. (I do.) I rechecked that the scenarios are in the scenario folder (they are) The scenario folders also have plenty of files in them. (they are)

I am actually happy to see that I am not an idiot and I may have stumbled upon an actual error, not just a user error.

My next step is to e-mail Jeff I guess.